: My V is going to Borla Performance for exhaust prototype mock-up...

GM-4-LIFE
02-18-10, 08:08 PM
A couple days ago, Borla Performance contacted me back after I emailed them inquiring about a 2009/2010 CTS-V exhaust, asking if they could use my V to prototype their CTS-V exhaust system. They will have my car for about a week and when I pick the car up, they will have a pre-production exhaust system on the car while they get them into production. Once they have a production exhaust available, I will be able to go up and get the actual prototype exhaust swapped with a new production system.

I can't wait!! I have always loved the Borla deep V8 sound. I always had Borla on all my C5s and my C6 Vettes. According to Borla, it won't be too loud because they said that the Caddys shouldn't be too loud, but if it sounds like how the Borla on my 2006 CTS-V sounded, I will be very pleased.

They will also do before and after dyno numbers so we can see how much power can be gained from just the exhaust swapped since my V is bone stock right now.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Borla system for our V2s are coming and SOON!

I will do my best to post up video clips once I get an actual production exhaust on my car.

SG

neuronbob
02-18-10, 08:30 PM
AWESOME! It's always good to have another option, and Borla makes some sweet exhausts. :thumbsup:

Razorecko
02-18-10, 08:31 PM
A couple days ago, Borla Performance contacted me back after I emailed them inquiring about a 2009/2010 CTS-V exhaust, asking if they could use my V to prototype their CTS-V exhaust system. They will have my car for about a week and when I pick the car up, they will have a pre-production exhaust system on the car while they get them into production. Once they have a production exhaust available, I will be able to go up and get the actual prototype exhaust swapped with a new production system.

I can't wait!! I have always loved the Borla deep V8 sound. I always had Borla on all my C5s and my C6 Vettes. According to Borla, it won't be too loud because they said that the Caddys shouldn't be too loud, but if it sounds like how the Borla on my 2006 CTS-V sounded, I will be very pleased.

They will also do before and after dyno numbers so we can see how much power can be gained from just the exhaust swapped since my V is bone stock right now.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Borla system for our V2s are coming and SOON!

I will do my best to post up video clips once I get an actual production exhaust on my car.

SG

lol, f'n awesome. I've been em'ng borla every friggin week for the last few months. Obviously living in Illinois wouldnt get them a prototype but my complaints might have motivated them a little :D , can't wait looking forward to this. Always loved borla systems.

RemoWilliams
02-18-10, 09:03 PM
Nice. I will look forward to the sound clips and dyno #s. Not sold on the Corsa so it will be nice to have another option.

Razorecko
02-18-10, 09:48 PM
0so do they have your car yet ? =)

zevee
02-18-10, 11:35 PM
Its about time Borla

Jpjr
02-18-10, 11:48 PM
Awesome! They offerred me the same thing in October but I couldn't get to LA for a week from SF. Glad someone stepped up I've been waiting for their product since I bought my car. The sound and quality are a cut above.

GM-4-LIFE
02-18-10, 11:48 PM
Over the years, I have always been more partial towards Borla over Corsa because they really give the GM LSx motors a true deep V8 rumble.

My car is being dropped off to Borla tomorrow (Friday, February 19)afternoon. They will begin the mockup process on Monday morning as they open early at 7:30 am.

I guess being somewhat local to Borla and allowing them to keep my car for a week helps the rest of my fellow V owners out. I will either carpool with my wife or ride one of my Harleys to work while my V is away, providing it doesn't rain during the work week.

We are most likely going to offer the Borla CTS-V exhaust at our store, so stay tuned for your special forum price when they release the system to the public. I can't see Borla doing a muffler only kit. Borla has always offered a true cat-back exhaust system for the applications they offer.

I can't wait to hear true V8 sound and the dyno numbers!

SG

GM-4-LIFE
02-18-10, 11:51 PM
Awesome! They offerred me the same thing in October but I couldn't get to LA for a week from SF. Glad someone stepped up I've been waiting for their product since I bought my car. The sound and quality are a cut above.

I offered Borla my car last summer and they said they weren't going to do the CTS-V system for a few more months and that they would get in contact with me once they needed the car. Oh well! Better late than never!

Whatever I can do to help!

SG

Razorecko
02-19-10, 12:12 AM
yea thats what'd p'd me off...that corsa was selling mufflers for $1,500 mainly because they were the ONLY thing for the V. I def. stated that point to borla in my em's.

dvandentop
02-19-10, 12:21 AM
sweetness i still remember installing my borla on my good old 95 trans ams back when i was 16 or 17. ah the good old days!

back when i though $400-450 was expensive as hell for a catback!

Tony407
02-19-10, 02:41 AM
Awesome!!! I had a Borla cat-back exhaust on my '97 Explorer and I absolutely loved it. I can't wait to see what they can do for us. Are you getting a free system or do you still have to pay for it? Keep us posted.

Tony

Prof
02-19-10, 07:24 AM
Exciting. Borla is my exhaust of choice...I was about to go with the Corsa...but I will now wait to hear your Borla...thanks for being the prototype.

GM-4-LIFE
02-19-10, 02:24 PM
I remember the good old days when exhaust systems were much cheaper too. At least with Borla, you will get a true cat-back system for whatever they plan on charging for their system.

Tony407,

In exchange for being without my car for a week or so, Borla will be installing a production CTS-V system on my car free of charge. That's what manufacturers usually do for the owner of the prototype vehicle.

I will post video clips and an evaluation as soon as I get the car back and have a chance to drive the car.

SG

Q8 6.2
02-19-10, 04:09 PM
sux.. looks like final catback production and distribution is couple months away:mad:

i will do the deal with you forsure thanks for doing this:highfive:

GM-4-LIFE
02-19-10, 11:01 PM
sux.. looks like final catback production and distribution is couple months away:mad:

i will do the deal with you forsure thanks for doing this:highfive:

I guess better late than never. I appreciate the loyalty!

SG

GM-4-LIFE
02-19-10, 11:03 PM
Borla dyno tested my V today and with 900 miles on the odometer, it put down 440 RWHP and 427 RWTQ. I don't know how that compares to others that have done baseline bone stock dyno runs. My V is an auto trans.

SG

dvandentop
03-07-10, 07:02 PM
any updates?

RogersV
03-07-10, 07:06 PM
any updates?

:yeah:

GM-4-LIFE
03-07-10, 09:23 PM
Stay tuned, guys. In about a week, I should have more info on Borla's new sport exhaust system. I also noticed the exhaust system's flat pipe on the driver's side which made no sense to me why GM wouldn't want to maximize power output on the car.

After speaking with Borla's R&D department yesterday in depth, it looks like they may have a sport and touring exhaust system.

The touring system will most likely be similar to Corsa's muffler kit, but I won't know for sure until they give me all the final details.

The sport system will be for those like me that want the maximum amount of power. The sport system will be a complete cat-back system and will replace the restrictive flat piping on the driver's side and the rear cats.

I have already given them feedback that I feel the exhaust should NOT be too loud inside the car, if at all and for them to design the system to be a bit louder than stock outside the car with power being the main focus. I would like a nice throaty exhaust as long as there isn't resonance inside the car that causes headaches.

I should have final dyno numbers, video/sound clips in about a week. They are building the actual jig for the CTS-V exhaust right now and they will be installing the full cat-back system on my car by next Friday. Once they have the drawings, measurements and jigs done, it should go to production and on the market within a month or so from that point.

dvandentop
03-07-10, 09:26 PM
Nice add this to the list of things I dont need but will get anyways :D

thanks for telling them to make sure no drone on the inside. i have enough of that on my cammed/headers z06 :lol:

wonder what kind of tips they will be using? 4 inch circular i am guessing

GM-4-LIFE
03-07-10, 11:12 PM
Nice add this to the list of things I dont need but will get anyways :D

thanks for telling them to make sure no drone on the inside. i have enough of that on my cammed/headers z06 :lol:

wonder what kind of tips they will be using? 4 inch circular i am guessing

I believe the tips I saw are the 4" or 4.25" round Borla tips. They look MUCH nicer than the stock tips.

nradcad
03-07-10, 11:21 PM
I have already given them feedback that I feel the exhaust should NOT be too loud inside the car, if at all and for them to design the system to be a bit louder than stock outside the car with power being the main focus. I would like a nice throaty exhaust as long as there isn't resonance inside the car that causes headaches.

So I agree, I wouldn't want drone inside the cabin. However, the stock exhaust is so far off the mark that it kills me. My straight 6 E46 M3 had a better cabin engine note than this caddy does stock. My short list of mods includes AMR and Corsa (or maybe Borla, depending on your clips) for this very issue. I cannot wait to finally be able to hear my engine when I get on it.

It has a practical use too. I used to be able to feel my car through the engine note. It helps so much with shift points and the like when you are in tune with the engine sound. With my cad, I struggle to hear it at all really. It's gotta be the quietest 556HP I've ever heard, or don't really. Which boggles my mind. :hmm:

dvandentop
03-07-10, 11:56 PM
Nradcad what is AMR?

SlvrBullIT
03-08-10, 02:27 AM
AMR = American Racing

Umrswimr
03-08-10, 08:09 AM
So I agree, I wouldn't want drone inside the cabin. However, the stock exhaust is so far off the mark that it kills me. My straight 6 E46 M3 had a better cabin engine note than this caddy does stock. My short list of mods includes AMR and Corsa (or maybe Borla, depending on your clips) for this very issue. I cannot wait to finally be able to hear my engine when I get on it.

It has a practical use too. I used to be able to feel my car through the engine note. It helps so much with shift points and the like when you are in tune with the engine sound. With my cad, I struggle to hear it at all really. It's gotta be the quietest 556HP I've ever heard, or don't really. Which boggles my mind. :hmm:
This was my first thought a well. I can heel-toe my C5 in part because I can hear the RPM's very clearly. This -V makes no sound whatsoever. While that's nice on the freeway, I wish there was something like the sport exhaust option on the 911. Flip a switch and everything gets loud. Seriously considering an electric cutout!

The Borla exhaust in my C5 sounds fantastic, but I think it would be way, way too much on a Cadillac.

Z06ified
03-08-10, 10:48 AM

I agree. It's one of my few complaints about the car - it just doesn't have much V-8 sound when driving it. And what little sound there is, just isn't that nice of a sound - kind of flat and plain sounding, no growl, no howl, no soul.

The really weird thing is, I think the stock exhaust sounds awesome at idle, especially during cold startup. It's really deep and pretty loud, even inside the car. Everyone notices it and compliments me on it. But that's where it stops - as soon as I start driving it, the car gets quieter - much quieter. :confused: Even going full throttle doesn't make it much louder. The car is definitely sound challenged.

I love the Corsa Indy exhaust with headers on my '02 Z06, but that setup would be way too loud for a Cadillac. And I think the Corsa Touring idle sound on the CTS-V has way too much of that motorboat sound, which I don't mind on a Corvette, but it really sounds out of place on the CTS-V, IMO.

Hopefully Borla can come up with the right sound for this car. It definitely needs long tube headers at a minimum to wake it up. It's a fine line between too quiet and too loud though. They should just model it after the AMG E63's exhaust - that is just right for a car like this.

Umrswimr
03-08-10, 11:26 AM
I agree. It's one of my few complaints about the car - it just doesn't have much V-8 sound when driving it. And what little sound there is, just isn't that nice of a sound - kind of flat and plain sounding, no growl, no howl, no soul.

The really weird thing is, I think the stock exhaust sounds awesome at idle, especially during cold startup. It's really deep and pretty loud, even inside the car. Everyone notices it and compliments me on it. But that's where it stops - as soon as I start driving it, the car gets quieter - much quieter. :confused: Even going full throttle doesn't make it much louder. The car is definitely sound challenged.

I love the Corsa Indy exhaust with headers on my '02 Z06, but that setup would be way too loud for a Cadillac. And I think the Corsa Touring idle sound on the CTS-V has way too much of that motorboat sound, which I don't mind on a Corvette, but it really sounds out of place on the CTS-V, IMO.

Hopefully Borla can come up with the right sound for this car. It definitely needs long tube headers at a minimum to wake it up. It's a fine line between too quiet and too loud though. They should just model it after the AMG E63's exhaust - that is just right for a car like this.
I love the sound at idle. Very deep and acceptable volume. At WOT it's just not aggressive enough.

Razorecko
03-08-10, 04:16 PM
For my old Jeep srt8 Borla had both a "sport" and a "touring" exhaust. Both put out the same power except the sport was loud and the touring was actually quieter/less drone than my oem but if you went wot it was a great deep sounding noise. There was no powere difference between the two it was just a preference for louder or more sleeper. I had the touring and I absolutely loved it.

Jpjr
03-08-10, 05:12 PM
Will the sport system be CA emissions legal? I'm not paying $1000+ for a set up mufflers and tail pipes.

cbloveday
03-08-10, 05:51 PM
I would think the catbacks would be 50 state legal. A full system maybe not.

GM-4-LIFE
03-08-10, 09:12 PM
I would think the catbacks would be 50 state legal. A full system maybe not.

Borla cat-back will most likely be for off-road use only because it eliminates the rear cats. I doubt that would be 50 state legal, but who is really going to check or care. The car will still retain the front cats.

The axle-back system will most likely be the 50 state legal system, not the full cat-back system.

Hope this helps clarify. No word on pricing yet.

Umrswimr
03-09-10, 07:29 AM
Borla cat-back will most likely be for off-road use only because it eliminates the rear cats. I doubt that would be 50 state legal, but who is really going to check or care. The car will still retain the front cats.

The axle-back system will most likely be the 50 state legal system, not the full cat-back system.

Hope this helps clarify. No word on pricing yet.
If we're losing the rear cats, do we need sims?

Q8 6.2
03-09-10, 08:14 AM
it is very hard to believe name like borla would make over axle cut and weld mufflers most will get the difficult install wrong and others dont want to destroy the stock system so i think both full bolt on normal catbacks is the better idea.

make a touring with high flow cats it will sound deep and legal... sport without rear cats.. which means if i wanted cats in the future i can order that piece.

Umrswimr
03-09-10, 09:01 AM
it is very hard to believe name like borla would make over axle cut and weld mufflers most will get the difficult install wrong and others dont want to destroy the stock system so i think both full bolt on normal catbacks is the better idea.

make a touring with high flow cats it will sound deep and legal... sport without rear cats.. which means if i wanted cats in the future i can order that piece.
Come on man- at least make an attempt at punctuation. I haven't even had my morning coffee yet- and trying to decipher that is making my head hurt! :)

Q8 6.2
03-09-10, 09:59 AM
Come on man- at least make an attempt at punctuation. I haven't even had my morning coffee yet- and trying to decipher that is making my head hurt! :)

shutup dumdum

Jpjr
03-09-10, 11:11 AM
I always thought Borla advertised all of the cat backs as 50 state legal. Why not just figure out a way to engineer a deeper sound + higher quality materials while keeping the cats?

In my opinion the axle back systems are possibly the biggest waste of money you could spend on performance cars. If I'm going to destroy a perfectly good stock exhaust and pay a lot of money to do it then it had better be a fully engineered bolt in stainless cat back.

Razorecko
03-09-10, 11:34 AM
I'll tell you what i think they'll probally do...probally a 1. full exhaust system w/ aftermarket high flowing cats and 2. A general catback system that incorporates the stock cats. The stock cat one will probally be the touring as it will be a little more subdued and the one with the hiflo's would be the the sport as the extra flow would give it some more grunt.

GM-4-LIFE
03-09-10, 12:20 PM
The head of R&D told me himself that they are going to to make a true bolt-on cat-back exhaust which eliminates the rear cats. There is no real way around it. The reason why they can't incorporate the rear cats in a true easy to install bolt-on system is because the rear cats are positioned AFTER the main flanged area on the car. The only way to incorporate the rear cats is more labor intensive for the owner of the car. You would have to unbolt the main exhaust flange, cut out the factory cats and then weld them to the Borla piping. It's either do the full sport system and eliminate the rear cats for an easier installation or offer an axle back mini-system like Corsa. Borla is focused on making power with a very nice exhaust note.

From what I gathered speaking to Borla, they are going to offer two options. The sport and touring kits. The sport will be the all out performance adder that elminates the rear cats, but will still deliver a subtle yet noticeable exhaust note. They have to most likely dub the system for off-road use because of the removal of the rear cats. If GM/Cadillac placed the rear cats in front of the main exhaust flange, Corsa and Borla would have a true 50 state bolt-on cat-back system.

The touring system will be a simple axle back system with short piping and two small to medium size resonator style mufflers.

Hope this helps clarify any misconceptions here.

Razorecko
03-09-10, 12:47 PM
The big question here is will the "sport" system that removes the rear cat throw a cel ?

irablumberg
03-09-10, 01:03 PM
The big question here is will the "sport" system that removes the rear cat throw a cel ?

The other question is whether it will pass emissions inspections. I don't want a system that I have to swap out for testing.

GMX322V S/C
03-09-10, 01:29 PM
There are 4 cats: 2 close-coupled and 2 primary. The flattened part on the driver's-side is between the two cats. They could build a high-performance system from the flanges on the close-coupled cats and replace the flattened section, the 2 primary cats, the x-pipe, and the mufflers. Still wouldn't technically be 50-state legal unless they got it certified, but it ought to pass both visual and sniffer tests.

Razorecko
03-09-10, 02:17 PM
50 state legal just won't happen period. If they had to slightly adjust the V's to bide by cali's emissions there is no way in hell the sport version of the exhaust will pass cali's laws. Luckily I live in Illinois =) so as long as it doesnt throw a cel i'll be the first one throwing my money down for this bad boy.

GMX322V S/C
03-09-10, 02:54 PM
All V2s are 50-state cars. The multi-state emissions options are just to signify that the cert was achieved for that state. Our primary cats look (and perform) like your typical hi-flow cats, so if they were replaced like for like, I'd be surprised if it didn't pass a sniffer test. No way did GM develop a special cat just for this car.

Jpjr
03-09-10, 04:03 PM
Borla knows what's best for them, but I can't imagine the "off-road" crowd is large enough to make this product successful.

Gary Wells
03-09-10, 05:26 PM
I can't imagine Borla or any other similar aftermarket *exh* manufacturer doing anything else. Their only other viable alternative as I see it would be to do & pay for the EPA & CARB testing to make it 50 state legit. With the economy the way it currently is, and the possible 2016 gas mileage vehicle restrictions circling overhead I just don't see any other means of legally marketing it. Am I missing something here?

GM-4-LIFE
03-10-10, 12:32 AM
I guess we will wait and see what and how Borla produces their exhaust system kits for the V.

Removing the rear cats shouldn't throw any codes or make any cluster lights come on as there aren't any 02 sensors before or after the rear cats.

I posted what I was told by Borla's R&D. As soon as I get official statements, I will pass them on.

Q8 6.2
03-10-10, 06:45 AM
if Borla dont make a complete bolton catback without cats then im getting kooks headers with stock mufflers..

Q8 6.2
03-10-10, 07:50 AM
i just feel a catback is a full bolton system anything less is not a catback

Umrswimr
03-10-10, 08:38 AM
i just feel a catback is a full bolton system anything less is not a catback
Ok, let's be reasonable here. "Cat-back" and "bolt-on" isn't going to happen with this car any more than it worked for my C5. If you want a true cat-back, you have to cut the exhaust. No way around it. If you insist on bolt-on, you have two choices- an axle-back exhaust or a full header/cat/exhaust system.

Given the minimal gains of an actual exhaust, I'm leaning towards headers. More power, more sound...

Z06ified
03-10-10, 10:21 AM
I'm leaning towards headers too. I think I'll wait until my warranty expires though. At that point maybe do a few other mods to bring the hp up to about 650 or so.

Jpjr
03-10-10, 10:46 AM
Ok, let's be reasonable here. "Cat-back" and "bolt-on" isn't going to happen with this car any more than it worked for my C5. If you want a true cat-back, you have to cut the exhaust. No way around it. If you insist on bolt-on, you have two choices- an axle-back exhaust or a full header/cat/exhaust system.

Given the minimal gains of an actual exhaust, I'm leaning towards headers. More power, more sound...

I'm not sure of your point here. I would say 99% of aftermarket cat-back systems are 100% bolt on. I've probably installed 7 or 8 of them on 4 different cars, including my last car STS-V w/Borla exhaust. Tools required: Rubber mallot and 15mm socket/wrench.

A true cat-back is a bolt on because they connect at the flange. There should be no welding of pipes at all.

Umrswimr
03-10-10, 11:42 AM
Which flange? For my C5, that flange was right before the axle. Thus the Borla "cat-back" was bolted on after the stock H-pipe, ran over the xle, and connected to the mufflers. The flange was about 5' from the cats. Hardly "cat-back" if it kept the crappy mid-pipe, but that's all you got unless you wanted to cut the exhaust. My understanding is that the CTS-V exhaust is the same.

vett1002
03-10-10, 11:49 AM
i have B&B on mine and it sounds amazing anyone that wants a deep sounding exhaust that isnt too much for a caddy should look into it

GMX322V S/C
03-10-10, 01:48 PM
Which flange? For my C5, that flange was right before the axle. Thus the Borla "cat-back" was bolted on after the stock H-pipe, ran over the xle, and connected to the mufflers. The flange was about 5' from the cats. Hardly "cat-back" if it kept the crappy mid-pipe, but that's all you got unless you wanted to cut the exhaust. My understanding is that the CTS-V exhaust is the same.On my '09 V, there are flanges on the ends of the close-coupled cats (the ones that are bolted right to the exhaust manifolds). There are O2 sensors before and after these cats. A "bolt-on" cat-back could bolt to these flanges (replacing the flattened section on the driver's-side, the primary cats, the x-pipe, the crimped tubes leading to the over-axle part, as well as the mufflers). This is what D3 did for me, re-using the stock primary cats.

dqw1
03-10-10, 02:41 PM
i have B&B on mine and it sounds amazing anyone that wants a deep sounding exhaust that isnt too much for a caddy should look into it
You have a video clip? Any drone?
I only see 04-7 listed on the B&B website.

vett1002
03-10-10, 03:18 PM
no i dont have any drone and i dont have any sound clip ill try and get one and post it

vett1002
03-10-10, 03:20 PM
You have a video clip? Any drone?
I only see 04-7 listed on the B&B website.

nope no drone and no clip

Jpjr
03-10-10, 03:57 PM
Which flange? For my C5, that flange was right before the axle. Thus the Borla "cat-back" was bolted on after the stock H-pipe, ran over the xle, and connected to the mufflers. The flange was about 5' from the cats. Hardly "cat-back" if it kept the crappy mid-pipe, but that's all you got unless you wanted to cut the exhaust. My understanding is that the CTS-V exhaust is the same.

The flange right after the primary cats, which is usually where the "cat-back" part of the exhaust bolts onto the mid-pipe (H or X pipe).

Vettes are very unique due to the hump in the exhaust around the rear axle. Most cars have pipes that travel straight back from the mid-pipe. Actually due to all the bends I never bothered to change the exhaust in the C5 Z06 because I didn't think the aftermarket's made any real flow improvements and they were generally heavier than stock. I actually think Vette exhausts are fairly good from the factory and feel like if the ZR1 can rage and flow like it does with the LS9 then there has to be a solution for the LSA in the V2 re: secondary cats. That is why I think Borla should just spend the extra time and get it right i.e., 50 state bolt in solution.

Q8 6.2
03-10-10, 04:59 PM

the rear cats are nothing more than sound cancelling resonators they have nothing to do with emissions they have no sensors so how do they work effectively how dose the car go from closed loop to open loop to closed loop with out the sensors??

i dont see problem if Borla made a real bolton catback if not then ill do plan B which is kooks with stock mufflers :yup:

GMX322V S/C
03-10-10, 06:15 PM
The rear cats are the primary cats. They have monolithic substrates inside of them. Just because the primary cats are running open loop doesn't mean they have nothing to do with emissions.

cbloveday
03-10-10, 08:49 PM
The flange right after the primary cats, which is usually where the "cat-back" part of the exhaust bolts onto the mid-pipe (H or X pipe).

Vettes are very unique due to the hump in the exhaust around the rear axle. Most cars have pipes that travel straight back from the mid-pipe. Actually due to all the bends I never bothered to change the exhaust in the C5 Z06 because I didn't think the aftermarket's made any real flow improvements and they were generally heavier than stock. I actually think Vette exhausts are fairly good from the factory and feel like if the ZR1 can rage and flow like it does with the LS9 then there has to be a solution for the LSA in the V2 re: secondary cats. That is why I think Borla should just spend the extra time and get it right i.e., 50 state bolt in solution.

Here is a pic of my stock exhaust which had been cut to add the axleback corsa sport. I had it removed to add headers and the 3" pipes all the way back to the stock mufflers. Maybe this photo will help clarify the exhaust configuration on an 09 V for those that are having difficulty visualizing it. The bands about 6 inches away from the mufflers are where a cut was made to clamp on the corsa sports. Ya they look like crap cause i drove 3 hours in the snow to get to
Wait4meperformance. The next few pics are how well they clened up before I sold them to another forum member

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/wait4meinstall/DSC_0156.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/Corsa%20Sport%20Axle%20Backs/DSC_0192.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/Corsa%20Sport%20Axle%20Backs/DSC_0210.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/Corsa%20Sport%20Axle%20Backs/DSC_0213.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/Corsa%20Sport%20Axle%20Backs/DSC_0217.jpg

Umrswimr
03-11-10, 09:17 AM

If you have a cat-back starting at this flange, it will remove the rear cats, correct?

That would not be 50-state legal, I don't think.

Are there no rear sensors after the rear cats? That's a bit odd, isn't it?

Jpjr
03-11-10, 05:12 PM
If you have a cat-back starting at this flange, it will remove the rear cats, correct?

That would not be 50-state legal, I don't think.

Are there no rear sensors after the rear cats? That's a bit odd, isn't it?

Yes, most cars don't have cats after the mid-pipe. You either need those cats or need to come up with a new configuration to incorporate them elsewhere. Part of the problem (I THINK) is that the two sets of cats operate at diffferent temp ranges. But to answer your question, the cats are there to pass smog and will need to be incorporated somehow. That said, I've driven by a ZR1 with an LS9 and that exhaust sounds a lot better than ours... so there is a config with the LSA that will pass and sound better if someone designs it.

Razorecko
03-14-10, 01:35 PM
youll have to give us an update tomorrow/mon on how everything is going with this...

Razorecko
03-15-10, 08:31 PM
any updates ?

GM-4-LIFE
03-16-10, 08:32 PM
We are editing the youtube video as we speak. I have taken all undercarriage pictures and uploaded them.

I will post a new thread with the pics and video sound/dyno clips here shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

SG

Razorecko
03-16-10, 09:05 PM
^ swwweeeeeeeeet

zevee
03-16-10, 11:07 PM
just watched borla comparo to stock on youtube, i like it over corsa
wander what dyno numbers you get from just exhaust

Razorecko
03-16-10, 11:18 PM
also wonder how it compares to the touring power wise. The borla sport is def a good deal louder over stock....and with headers it would be pretty extreme.

GM-4-LIFE
03-17-10, 12:42 AM
Here is the write up with pics and video clips:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/194967-borla-sport-true-cat-back-exhaust.html#post2182610

Thanks!

Shawn

Prof
03-17-10, 05:01 AM
Thanks Shawn. Well done...Borla is a top quality firm and it seems they have done a great job.

GM-4-LIFE
03-17-10, 02:40 PM
Thanks Shawn. Well done...Borla is a top quality firm and it seems they have done a great job.

After the way they treated me, I have to say they REALLY ARE top notch! Borla rocks!

Shawn