: Oh Cripes, I just bought an "old man's car"

JeremyG
08-15-04, 09:33 PM
Just won an ebay auction and going to pick it up tomorrow. It's a 1993 Eldo (base) with 85k on it. Looks very very clean and I got it about $800 less than KBB's "private party value". It's Polo Green with a tan "SimCon" top.

I'll probably regret not getting one with Northstar but it's really just a daily driver for my new job so I don't wear out my highly modified (500hp) Dodge Stealth turbo. That racing clutch SUCKS driving all day on the street.

I'm pretty sure I"ll have some questions but the main thing I'll want to know is if I have any preventive maintanence to do right away... of course I'm going to change the oil and probably bleed the brakes, change coolant, put in a K&N style air filter, etc. I may end up doing a tranny service before winter, it can't hurt I"m sure.

Anyway, excited for my "new" car... I'll have pics probably Tuesday and will post them when I get a chance.

RBraczyk
08-15-04, 10:19 PM
Just change out all your fluids. Try fram's air hog, most caddys don't have K&N's

JeremyG
08-17-04, 12:47 PM
Thanks.... will do all of those fluids and might as well have the tranny serviced, etc.

The car is much cleaner than I expected. There's no a door-dings AT ALL, no rock chips, no dents to be found and only a couple very small scratches (I think most will buff out). Interior is very clean. Driver's seat has very minor wear but the carpets and other seats are nearly showroom. Dash is perfect.

HOWEVER.. the car isn't running right, anyone that wants to check this thread and help it would be greatly appreciated :)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=144911

ChristianV
08-17-04, 11:52 PM
Congrats on your acquisition!

If you don't mind me asking how much did you wind up paying for your El Dorado? I'm looking to buy a 88-90 Broughman to use as a daily driver and I'm wondering if buying through E-bay is really the way to go.....

JeremyG
08-17-04, 11:59 PM
I stole it basically, but it does have a miss in the engine I have to figure out. $3400

Adam
08-18-04, 02:44 AM
welcome to luxury. so much better. i dont care for fast cars :welcome: but if you wanna fast luxury car get a 94-96 Fleetwood. LT1 man ya just cant beat it.

CADDYBLACK99
08-25-04, 08:57 AM
Welcome Jeremy!

By "old man's car" you do mean and old man (like maybe 95yo) owned it before you...right! lol When you take a good look around you will notice Caddy owners in most every age bracket, for various reasons. Good luck with the 93' eldo! Thanks for joining!
:welcome:
Paul