Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Put on my test pipes today...

5K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  maxspeed96ct 
#1 ·
I had a local exhaust shop make me some test pipes a few weeks back and finally got around to painting them (VHT Flame Proof Header Paint or something like that) to prevent them from rusting out.

It sounds like absolute garbage. My neighbors are going to kill me.
I have stock manifolds, test pipes, x-pipe and no mufflers lol. I guess that's why its so loud.

My next step will be to quiet it down a bit, I guess by adding some mufflers. Kinda bothers me now as after all this money, I could have just bought a used exhaust system or half a set of headers lol. Oh well I learned a lot in the process.

Muffler delete with tips and labor was about $200-ish
X-Pipe, X-pipe install and test pipes was about $350-ish.

Any ideas on some good mufflers?

#2 ·
Magnaflows, part number for the V is floating on the board. Hooker Aerochambers are also good mufflers. Dunno if they are available stainless, but they flow well and do a good job quieting things.

If your car is so loud it's going to annoy the neighbors, you may find the car with 4 flats one morning, nevermind being rude to everyone around you. It's not what everyone thinks, but what the pissed off ones will do.

#7 ·
I have stock headers with magnaflow X pipe and flow master mufflers with stock tips. I love the sound of it. I am planning on doing kooks headers in the near future along with electric cut outs. I paid 150.00 for them and the local muffler shop to weld them on and the stock tips on them.

#8 · (Edited)
mine with Magnaflow Part #14226 as heard in vid below w/ stock manifolds

#9 ·
here's the flowmaster one...i think this is the guy who said it was annoying while driving normal, but you have to admit it sounds wicked from the outside.

#10 ·
Well shit. 2 mufflers and 2 tips plus labor is near 400 bucks more now. I may just have to save face and take the catless pipes off for now. If I put mufflers and tips on, i'm almost at the cost of a corsa kit had I just gone that way from the beginning :(

#12 ·
Well, I did the X-pipe and catless pipes at the same time. Where I screwed myself was that I should have kept the mufflers and resonator. I don't mind the volume of the setup now, just don't like the sound/tone. Its garbage.

#14 ·
Nope, Im wide open all the way back now.

#18 ·
hmmm, thats weird that it sounds like crap. i would think it sounds beasty! did you have to tune it? i have the same set up except i have stock cats and it sounds raw!

heres what i paid

tips and install = $100

X-Pipe = $75

my muffler guy had a used X-pipe laying in the shop. i think he gave me a damn good deal :yup:

#19 ·
For those that want the best of both worlds.

a E-cutout is your answer.

I love mine, only downside is I wish I bought the low profile one cause there isnt much room under the V. I cant lower my car like I want to unless I change it out

heres a soundclip, at the end of the vidoe is cutout closed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.