: can someone run out to their truck and try this please?

trashguy
02-17-10, 07:56 PM
as you may see in my other thread my battery keeps dying in less than 24hrs.i just got it back from dealer and they replaced the battery for a 2nd time in a week.they could not a find a problem and say all test for a draw are normal.now im noticing some things coming on while the truck is off ,dealer says its normal. was wondering if someone can try this and see if its just me or not.

start the truck ,shut it off ,remove key,open close door and lock with the remote (simulating parking the truck for the nite) now while sitting in it locked after a minute or so all dash lights and driver door panel lights should go off. after that a few minutes later it sounds like a cd spins in the radio,the driver door power mirror light comes on and theres a clicking electrical sound coming from the pass door panel. this last for about 10 seconds and stops,but then repeats again every minute or so.

any help would be appreciated

trashguy
02-17-10, 07:59 PM
just to add the dealer said the tsb for battery rundown and heated washer fluid were done in the past ,prior to this the truck never gave any
signs of a battery going bad and was parked for days at a time and started fine, so im guessing something went wrong in the last week.its a 07 ext also if that matters.

TSS
02-18-10, 08:57 AM
Ahhhh, no. I have done that exact test in my truck for other reasons. I am with you up to dash and panel lights going off. I don't have Nav, but sometimes the CD does spin at weird times shortly after shut off. The rest, clicking, mirorr lights going on and off at intervals, no way.

trashguy
02-18-10, 11:41 AM
Thanks , I figurw

jpatt49
02-18-10, 02:41 PM
Do you have your bluetooth connected? If I am on a call mine stays connected even when I shut off the truck and get out and close the door. Not sure about locking though.

trashguy
02-18-10, 03:00 PM
No bluetooth and no nav, got the truck back at 7pm last nite with a new
Battery and it was stone dead today at noon,needless to say its back at the
Dealer.

JRocscalade
02-18-10, 03:57 PM
The cd spinning happens to me everytime i run the batt down and cannot start the truck. I assume the low voltage messes with the BCM and or ECM. To remedy this, I'd jump the truck, let the battery recharge for a few mins, shut it down, disconnect the battery, and press the brake pedal several times (I eave the batt disconnected for about 10 mins.) I reconect and the CD stops spinning. By performing these steps, the system reboots itself. Pressing the brake pedal rids the system of any residual power...

cadmanchris
02-19-10, 06:30 AM
Had an ESV at work a while ago when these body styles came out. Turned out to be a driver's door module, which is the window switches. Replaced and programmed new door module and all was well.

trashguy
02-19-10, 01:02 PM
Had an ESV at work a while ago when these body styles came out. Turned out to be a driver's door module, which is the window switches. Replaced and programmed new door module and all was well.

thanks, did it have the same symptoms as mine? theres no codes showing up either.

cadmanchris
02-21-10, 12:14 AM
I don't think there were any codes. I pretty much isolated it with an ammeter across the battery.

vfjdesign
02-21-10, 11:22 PM
Hi,
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but, I just went out to check the mileage on my truck and went into the passenger side, left the door open started the car, everything came on..shut the car off pulled the key out and the stereo/nav stayed on even when I closed and locked the door. Opened driver side door and it all shut off?No idea but just thought I would share.

trashguy
02-22-10, 10:57 AM
Thanks, still waiting on the dealer to call.truck has been back
There since fri.cadman chris I read in another post you said
You where in nj ? My truck is in nj right now.

07Lambert
02-23-10, 01:01 AM
wow, this runs across car lines too. i heard the cd spinning in my wife's 09 burb the other night. didn't think much of it at the time.

legoiii
02-24-10, 06:56 AM
I had the same problems with my 07 EXT, dead battery, and the door lock clicking sound, as cadman chris said, it turned out to be, the door module/window switch, no more problems once replaced. It took me 3 visits to the dealership to find the problem.

trashguy
02-25-10, 10:24 PM
dealer says its the door module also, only problem its on some crazy backorder. it took 1 jump from roadside, 2 batteries and 3 trips to the dealer to figure it out:helpless:

legoiii
02-26-10, 03:21 PM
Glad they found out the problem. Good Luck.

itsrixter
03-05-10, 01:17 AM
I had the same issue. My battery completely dead. Found the disk spinning after the truck was off and locked. Dealer replaced the radio head unit under warranty