: Looking to get chrome wheels for my sts-v...

ray901537
02-17-10, 07:15 PM
I was thinking about doing a alloy exchange for chrome wheels but the it seemed the closest company i could find that would do that was in cali!! Does anyone know of anyone closer (within a few hours drive) to Harrisburg PA, south central...?? Or a great not so expensive aftermarket alternative? I would get aftermarket rims but its tough visualizing rims on a rack on your car ya know...

cad08stsv
02-19-10, 11:34 AM
Hay Ray,
I found some different offering on ebay. You can either exchange them or buy them out riight. I got them from LA Wheel, seemed like a nice guy. Told me he had them is stock and would ship right away. I guess two weeks to him is right away. There are others. also.
Call the guy in Harrisburg and compaire prices, consider the shipping ofcourse and if he has any in stock. I would stay away from the dealers because they charge a fortune. I have heard that Tire Rack has a program where you can put different wheels on the car through
pictures. I don't remember if they still have this service. It's worth a try. Good Luck
Russell

bobs-sts-v
02-19-10, 02:14 PM
Got my chromes from the guy in LA about 3 1/2 years ago. Still look great. So no worries about quality. Only run them in the summer, so they have never been exposed to the harsh winters here in Chicago (salt).

Bob

CIWS
02-19-10, 03:03 PM
Got mine through the dealership.

06stsv
02-19-10, 06:44 PM
im looking to purchase some wheels as well! might just purchase a set instead of trading mine in. Want my set for the winter when i store it!

Nick!

ray901537
02-21-10, 03:11 PM
good stuff...thanks fellas

ALVetteFan
07-05-10, 10:05 AM
I am looking to get OEM chrome wheels for my 2009 STS-V as well. Since this turned out to be the last year for the car, I will probably keep the original wheels rather than do an exchange. I have seem some different wheels on a large, online auction website. If anyone has any recommendations on where to buy, please share. You can send me a PM if you prefer.

Thanks.

Red Snake
07-05-10, 05:59 PM
I would be interested in getting the chromes too. But like you, I don't want to pay a fortune and wait forever for the shipping. :annoyed:

coach123
07-06-10, 12:25 AM
Just curious if anyone has considered black chroming the OEM wheels? I am as always frustrated with GM's decision to keep the early CTS-V, STS-V, and XLR-V rims 6 lug pattern. It is extremely hard to find anything aftermarket unless you go three piece which equals big bucks. I had the Chip Foose rims on my last CTS-V and now I wish his son had purchased the STS-V so Chip would have at least fabricated a nice one piece for our car at a reasonable price.

CIWS
07-06-10, 07:23 AM
I can't even keep them from Fracking up the chromed stock wheels when it's serviced, much less some high dollar aftermarket wheels that might get put on the car. I just waited almost two months for them to get a replacement for one of my rears they zapped with the speed wrench while replacing the brake pads.

Dr. Design
07-13-10, 04:10 PM
Hello,
We can do a chrome exchange for either black chrome or standard chrome finished wheels. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

clark
07-14-10, 12:16 PM
Ray,

Are you going to use them in the winter? My chromes looked awful after last winter in Chicago, and it took a few hours of polishing to get them back in shape.

550HP STSV
07-14-10, 03:17 PM
D3 - how much?

chitownv
07-14-10, 06:50 PM
I would also like to know how much and any pics of your work d3 ?

Bigdawg58
07-14-10, 07:03 PM
D3 can ya give us some 411?

Dr. Design
07-14-10, 09:38 PM
Hello,
MSRP is $175 per wheel for black chrome finish. This does not include the cost of shipping. If we don't have these wheels in stock at the time of order, please allow 1.5-5 weeks for delivery.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/09XLRVBlackChromeWheels_Detail-1.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/Converted_MG_7607.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/Converted_IMG_9991_D3.jpg

Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Red Snake
07-14-10, 09:48 PM
Hello,
MSRP is $175 per wheel for black chrome finish. This does not include the cost of shipping. If we don't have these wheels in stock at the time of order, please allow 1.5-5 weeks for delivery.

Please let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

How much for standard chrome?

Psycho-albanian
07-14-10, 10:08 PM
1.5 to 5 weeks is crazy. 1 week is fine but anything after that is too long i like the black crome look though.:bouncy:

550HP STSV
07-15-10, 02:50 PM
Wow, ebay charges $600-650. match their price, ill do it.

coach123
07-15-10, 03:37 PM
The price is extremely cheap but only that cheap if you live on the west coast. Check the shipping costs both ways for people on the west coast and it quickly increases the price to around $900.

Dr. Design
07-15-10, 06:05 PM
Hello,
Sorry the price is set and we are not allowed to go by anything different. I think you will find that the ebay brand will not match the quality of this process.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Wow, ebay charges $600-650. match their price, ill do it.

Red Snake
07-15-10, 06:30 PM

Hello,
Sorry the price is set and we are not allowed to go by anything different. I think you will find that the ebay brand will not match the quality of this process.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

I pm'd this question as well and have not received a response.:thepan:

Red Snake
07-17-10, 09:46 AM

I pm'd this question as well and have not received a response.:thepan:

Still no answer or return PM. Your customer service leaves ALOT to be desired. Apparently you don't want my business, D3. Fine with me. I'll take it somewhere else.:thumbsup:

Dr. Design
07-19-10, 02:38 PM
Sorry, we are extremely busy towards the end of the weeks as we are usually trying to get vehicles shipped back to their owners and cannot be on the forums as regular as we would like.

As for the pricing for Chrome. You are looking at the same pricing $175 per wheel.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Still no answer or return PM. Your customer
service leaves ALOT to be desired. Apparently you don't want my business, D3. Fine with me. I'll take it somewhere else.:thumbsup:

550HP STSV
07-20-10, 11:14 AM
Do you have black chrome STS-V wheels in stock?

Dr. Design
07-20-10, 08:15 PM
Right now we are about 1 week out from the time the order is placed.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Do you have black chrome STS-V wheels in stock?