: Proud to be american - 2010 cts-v

SACJMP
02-16-10, 09:25 PM
Just supported the US economy (and my daily driving experience) by picking up a 2010 BLK CTS-V, "old school" 6-spd, Recaro seats, lg sunroof, and painted (not polished) wheels. I own a 1991 NSX to which I have added a supercharged, with fully programmable ECU, methanol injection and a bunch of other stuff. And, while these are very different cars, I would guess in a straight-line drag race they would be quite even (NSX dynos at just under 400 wheel hp or about 440 gross but weighs 2900 lbs.). However, my NSX's total ft/lbs of Tq AT PEAK area a mere 320+/- gross which is 80 less then the CTS-V's AT IDLE. I have learned to love TQ!

What a truly awesome vehicle and it is MADE IN AMERICA! This car is another reason to be proud to be American! World-beater! Awesome!

MajCTS-V
02-16-10, 09:27 PM
Agree...congrats!

neuronbob
02-16-10, 10:49 PM
Owning an NSX is on my bucket list. :drool: I own an S2000, so I have my share of no-torque Honda goodness. :D

Congrats on the V and now you have the best of both worlds.

DiamondWhtV
02-17-10, 08:55 AM
Congrats on the new ride. Never drove the NSX, I have always driven American so I can only compare the V to my previous Hemi...and there is no comparison (Sorry Dodge)

Marcuse12
02-17-10, 10:18 AM
Engine is made in mexico...

Z06ified
02-17-10, 12:17 PM
Engine is made in mexico...

...and the transmission, and the battery cables are from China, the tires from France, the brakes from Italy...

OK, at least it was assembled in the U.S., and was designed by Americans.

JFJr
02-17-10, 02:36 PM
Just supported the US economy (and my daily driving experience) by picking up a 2010 BLK CTS-V, "old school" 6-spd, Recaro seats, lg sunroof, and painted (not polished) wheels. What a truly awesome vehicle and it is MADE IN AMERICA! This car is another reason to be proud to be American! World-beater! Awesome!Absolutely! We have to be thankful that the German high performance sedans exist, because without them we Americans would not have a high performance sedan as good as the CTS-V to drive. Competition is good!

RWFJR
02-17-10, 04:43 PM
Yes, we are special people. God Bless America and the V2.

Mike 09 V
02-17-10, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=

What a truly awesome vehicle and it is MADE IN AMERICA! This car is another reason to be proud to be American! World-beater! Awesome![/QUOTE]

Good for you. Take pride in your country and support it. Some of the parts are outsourced. Too bad. I would like to see everything made here.:bouncy:

Mike 09 V
02-17-10, 04:51 PM
Be proud of your country, you did the right thing. I never even bother looking at a foreign made vehicle. Never will.

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 12:15 AM
Be proud of your country, you did the right thing. I never even bother looking at a foreign made vehicle. Never will.
So what garbage were you driving 15 years ago??

GMX322V S/C
02-18-10, 03:41 AM
...and the transmission, and the battery cables are from China, the tires from France, the brakes from Italy...

OK, at least it was assembled in the U.S., and was designed by Americans.Suppliers to the 2008 Cadillac CTS (http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070910/CUTAWAY/70906020)

Okay, not for the V, but the CTS and CTS-V still share a lot of parts. And while not every parts manufacturer is represented, I found it interesting that, of those that are represented, about 60% are North American (40% USA), 20% German, and 20% the rest of the world--including Japan, Norway, France, India, Italy, Australia, and the UK.

Hondarrr
02-18-10, 03:49 AM

American cars 15 years back,,MMMMMM Buick Grandnational, typhoon, Syclone, corvette, among others..america always had a car to talk about and still does.....:patriot::patriot:

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 09:31 AM
American cars 15 years back,,MMMMMM Buick Grandnational, typhoon, Syclone, corvette, among others..america always had a car to talk about and still does.....:patriot::patriot:
Was there a fast RWD 4 door sedan with an MT available?

concorso
02-18-10, 09:50 AM
American cars 15 years back,,MMMMMM Buick Grandnational, typhoon, Syclone, corvette, among others..america always had a car to talk about and still does.....:patriot::patriot:The Corvette couldnt fit 4 people. The Syclone and Typhoon were auto-only, and the grandnational was produced almost 25 years ago.

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 09:53 AM
The Corvette couldnt fit 4 people. The Syclone and Typhoon were auto-only, and the grandnational was produced almost 25 years ago.
Nevermind that all those cars were fast but crude, poorly built rattletraps...

Mike 09 V
02-18-10, 01:07 PM
None. I did have a 1992 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, supercharged. Great mileage, great fit and finish, only problem I had was a water outlet fitting on the SC that corroded. It was a great car. Sold it and bought a 1999 Ultra. Never a problem when I had it. Sold it and bought a 2005 SRX. This car did have an oil leak, repaired under warranty.
I guess I have been very lucky with my cars. Always bought American that's why.

Oh I did have company vehicles. Chevrolets-Astro van, Express van, and 2007 Silverado PU. Had to replace a water pump on the 1998 Astro in 2004. Otherwise they were never in the shop. Great trucks.:yup:

Vlakaz
02-18-10, 01:59 PM
Was there a fast RWD 4 door sedan with an MT available?

Hmmm not RWD but I love my 91 Taurus SHO 5 speed MT.... it has now become my winter car. ;)

ekyub
02-18-10, 02:05 PM
Hmmm not RWD but I love my 91 Taurus SHO 5 speed MT.... it has now become my winter car. ;)

I had one too! One of my favorite cars. I miss American cars after a string of BMW Ms, Audis, and Porsches. Now I'm considering a CTS-V! What a hulk.

SACJMP
02-18-10, 02:25 PM
No question many parts, components and pieces originate from other places. Still writing the check to GM sends more dollars back into the US economy then buying cars whose HQ's are elsewhere, which doesn't hurt these days. That said, the main point of starting this thread is that after having owned mostly foreign cars (largely german an then of course the NSX I mentioned above), it was awesome to have had a choice like the V2. I could have spent $20k or $30k or more (ala E63 or M5) yet dollar for dollar would have still bought this car. My wife still doesn't understand. Her comment when I told her what I was buying was, "2 months ago you starting wearing reading glasses ... and now a Cadi?!" Told her I had to get some Depends to keep from wetting myself with 550 ft/lbs tq.

GMX322V S/C
02-18-10, 02:41 PM
I'm proud to be owning American for the first time also. The GM chicklet is a fond reminder of my Dad's '69 442.

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 03:49 PM
Oh, you are such a suckup... :cloud9:

neuronbob
02-18-10, 05:16 PM
Mmmmmm......Grand National.... :drool:

This is my first GM car....and since it seems to be treating me right, it may not be my last.

Prof
02-19-10, 07:34 AM
Its a global economy friends...isolationism is a path to extinction.

But I do admit to the thrill of buying an American vehicle from a struggling company about to enter Chapter 11...somehow I took pride in doing what I could to support an American icon...regardless of their past.

But the bottom line was the V2...it was a product that I had to have. And now with 15k on the odometer...I am convinced that my purchase was the right decision...and I am very anxious to see the next quantum leap from GM...or Chrysler or Ford...or hell...Tesla!

concorso
02-19-10, 12:11 PM
None. I did have a 1992 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, supercharged. Great mileage, great fit and finish, only problem I had was a water outlet fitting on the SC that corroded. It was a great car. Sold it and bought a 1999 Ultra. Never a problem when I had it. Sold it and bought a 2005 SRX. This car did have an oil leak, repaired under warranty.
I guess I have been very lucky with my cars. Always bought American that's why.

Oh I did have company vehicles. Chevrolets-Astro van, Express van, and 2007 Silverado PU. Had to replace a water pump on the 1998 Astro in 2004. Otherwise they were never in the shop. Great trucks.:yup:Thats a full list of horrid vehicles except for the SRX. Park Avenue Ultras were akin to these new diesel pickups with tuners. Sure, they can move fast...but should they?

The Park Ave did have a ggreat powertrain, but I completely disagree that it had good fit and finish. The materials alone were enough to turn a discerning individual away.

FKellyJr
02-19-10, 11:41 PM
Absolutely! We have to be thankful that the German high performance sedans exist, because without them we Americans would not have a high performance sedan as good as the CTS-V to drive. Competition is good!

:yeah: