Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Katech Header Exhaust Clip

2K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  JD03Cobra 
#1 ·
Please see this as an example of what not to do... I think it sounds like raw butt when throttle is applied, but is still VERY tolerable and quiet at idle for having no cat and straight headers to mufflers through an X.

#2 ·
#5 ·
They do sound like crap. I tell you what, I'll trade you straight up for my stockers. :hide:

Kidding aside, I like the way it sounds. I will have headers eventually but have been just too damn cheap to drop the coin on a brand new set.

#7 ·
I'm thinking about trying a thrush muffler. I heard one a looong time ago and they had a good deep tone and only droned at very low rpms on a carbed 350. If that doesn't work out though I may just say f it and try a supertrapp.

Again I ask... anyone have a sound clip of bassani on the V?

#14 ·
Sounds pretty good to me! I almost bought those headers last year.

#15 ·
I am in no way degrading the katech btw... these headers were totally a class act piece. They bolted up to the factory exhaust - no welding required. I regret big time not dynoing the stock vs. katech, but in hindsight it really doesn't matter because there aren't that many sets out there for people to want to compare.

#18 ·
posted long time ago. I spent total 200 for muffs w/tips, 160 shop charge to install with H pipe. added the resonators for 65. besides that I have this only setup, that I know of. sounds kickass now but below was pre headers, stock cats, H pipe and AeroTurbs

#20 ·
Please see this as an example of what not to do... I think it sounds like raw butt
Yet another unhappy headers owner.
When will people learn :helpless:

#24 · (Edited)
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wRKcb9cSdNo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wRKcb9cSdNo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Shoulda went B&B headers, no cats, xpipe-to mufflers. Simmilar set up love the sound. I think it's just about finding the right mufflers, and resonators if you need to kill drone.

#26 ·
Nah man, I think I'm okay... I payed $500 shipped for my katech headers one night while you guys were sleeping through the deals on Ebay. Your $1000+ to my $500 - somehow I'll find my way to sleep through the night. ;-)

Also... I come home at 6:00 AM and tend to have a lead foot. Having exhaust that one would hear at a drag strip on a nightly basis isn't really in my life plan right now. If anything I would have to get some damn quiet mufflers, resonators, and then maybe some electric dumps for that crazy mega loud 5000 lbs drag strip appearance.

Different strokes for different folks. I prefer the "hmmm does that Caddy sound a little odd to you?" and then that gets followed up by the "Dayyyyum did you see how fast that thing moved?"

#27 ·
I was just playing about B&B's, headers no doubt sound like headers. It's your mufflers that sound like poop, I'm sure if you get the right combo of mufflers and resonators you'll get the sound you like. Header cones might be an option too, If i fin'd the drone too bad with the B&B i'm goin to go that route.
If I didn't go B&B all the way back I would probably have gone borla or flow master mufflers, they always sound deep and refined.
I have a set of borla r1 race mufflers comming off to be replaced by my B&B catback.

#28 ·
I like the sound of these Magnaflows 14416s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.