: Dyno

CadV
02-16-10, 06:36 PM
Well finally got around to getting the car back together and spent a few hours with my tuner.

SAE:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2z6tpb4.png

2.55 upper, 8.5 lower and some other bolt-on stuff, stock exhaust and TB. We made 12psi and my car is an auto.

Props to Matt at SNL Performance dude has crazy skills.

Gary Wells
02-16-10, 07:31 PM
Huh? A dyno chart in magic ink?

cbloveday
02-16-10, 07:34 PM
Nice numbers! Congrats

CadV
02-16-10, 08:00 PM
Huh? A dyno chart in magic ink?

I like fruity colors lol

Gary Wells
02-16-10, 08:10 PM
All I get is a blank screen?

OK, I get it now, nice #'s.

CadV
02-16-10, 08:18 PM
Nice numbers! Congrats

Thanks man!

neuronbob
02-16-10, 10:11 PM
Nice numbers. :thumbsup:

SlvrBullIT
02-17-10, 12:12 AM
Nice numbers with only a few bolt ons!!!!!

qictrk
02-17-10, 12:32 AM
Real nice numbers. I only got 527 hp using 14lbs of boost and 3" exhaust. I'm jealous. I wonder whats wrong with my setup. Cecil......:mad:

cbloveday
02-17-10, 07:04 AM
That super charger pulley and ported snout make a big diff, but you know that already. :)

wait4me
02-17-10, 09:25 AM
Congrats on the numbers!

You should be making 15psi with that combo with the stock exhaust. You must be using headers and modified center section with stock mufflers?? That would be the only way boost would be so low. Unless you did a large cam of coarse..

If you arent making 14-15, then they forgot to get rid of the boost protection causing it to bleed off the extra boost. Which would just recycle the boost back into the intake tract and just heat things up.

Do a search for P valve, it will show you what needs to be done. If it is already done, then maybe beltslip?? Im not sure.

CadV
02-17-10, 12:14 PM
Real nice numbers. I only got 527 hp using 14lbs of boost and 3" exhaust. I'm jealous. I wonder whats wrong with my setup. Cecil......:mad:

You going by in car gauge or manual boost gauge? My in car shows 15 but my tune and manual boost gauge show 12. Friend has a 9" lower and 2.55 upper he showed a little over 13 with a manual gauge and another with 8.5 lower and 2.55 upper getting 12. I doubt your getting 14.

whisler151
02-17-10, 02:01 PM
Great numbers man! Glad you finally got everything working well together! Cant wait to see you embarrass the stroked M5.

I'm having issues too, I may be at SNL this weekend too.

richeic77
02-18-10, 07:16 AM
Great numbers. What type of Dyno? Mustang/Eddy current dyno's are typically lower #'s vs dynojet dyno's.

I'm at SQR here in Ft. Worth this week until Friday. I'll be doing some minor bolt on's. I'm thinking pully already though.

CadV
02-27-10, 05:14 AM
The thing that hindered me most is the amount of misinformation when this car came out. Still today big name shops are still spewing the same ridiculous claims.

I spent tons of time early on trying to produce shops claims without any success. While myself and several friends have proved 8.5 lower and 2.55 upper comes out to 12psi. 9" lower and 2.55 upper gets 13.4. This comes from 4 different car setups and readings were done by efilive, hptuners and a manual boost gauge. The p-valve doesn't do anything on a dyno. I've tried capping everything there is and it makes zero difference. The other guys did the same and got the same results.

Early on I was told that a 2.55 upper and 8.5 lower would give me 600rwhp. Then I was told beyond 550rwhp you will run out of gas and a fuel boost pump would be needed. Then throw in several tunes that put my engine at risk. Then you have a shop that says you need bigger injectors. Others that say you need headers and 3" exhaust. I am telling you right now the stock exhaust flows good.

It took some good friends willing to help me and a shop that wanted to discover the facts. Listening to the so called expert shops got me 510rwhp while doing it on my own with the help of some friends got me 578 with a few bolt-ons.

Guys got banned for exposing a lot of the ridiculous claims. Really research the stuff your gonna do and be cautious of shops trying to take your buck.