: Is GM serious with 2010 Escalade Pricing?

mattroberts123
02-16-10, 04:41 PM
I was bored and drove by a dealership this past Saturday. I glanced at a 2010 White Diamond AWD Escalade... Looks like it had just about every option.

Sticker price on the window: $85,XXX.XX

I about FELL OVER. I immediately got back in my 2008 EXT and left... not sure whether to laugh or feel disgusted.

I bought my 08 brand new, and granted I got GMS pricing on mine.. but still, sticker on mine was like $62,XXX.XX if I remember correctly.

How on earth can they justify nearly a $20,000.00 premuim for a 2010 over a 2008? Aside from Bluetooth, Magnetic Ride Control.... uh... what other differences make up for and justify this price?

It is no wonder to me that GM is failing... If I am going to go spend $85k on a luxury SUV, I'll go get a REAL luxury SUV and get the Benz. I'm just blown away here.

fivepix
02-16-10, 07:42 PM
Yeah I know what you mean when we purchased our 07 it was 6 months old we were able to see the purchased price of the original owner and it was around the 82K mark, if you use the build and price tool on the GM site the MSRP for a 2010 is about 84k depending on the options and that's with $11,500 cash credit.

CadX6
02-16-10, 09:06 PM
I was bored and drove by a dealership this past Saturday. I glanced at a 2010 White Diamond AWD Escalade... Looks like it had just about every option.

Sticker price on the window: $85,XXX.XX

I about FELL OVER. I immediately got back in my 2008 EXT and left... not sure whether to laugh or feel disgusted.

I bought my 08 brand new, and granted I got GMS pricing on mine.. but still, sticker on mine was like $62,XXX.XX if I remember correctly.

How on earth can they justify nearly a $20,000.00 premuim for a 2010 over a 2008? Aside from Bluetooth, Magnetic Ride Control.... uh... what other differences make up for and justify this price?

It is no wonder to me that GM is failing... If I am going to go spend $85k on a luxury SUV, I'll go get a REAL luxury SUV and get the Benz. I'm just blown away here.

Are you sure what you saw wasn't a "Platinum Edition"? Those have a bunch of gadgets that they charge a mint for.
A normal, loaded AWD Escalade should sticker for slightly north of $71K (hopefully no one pays that - I know I didn't). According to Cadillac's web site an AWD Platinum stickers for about $84K before shipping.

djmodifyd
02-16-10, 09:19 PM
i guessing it was platinum as well.

ive seen a few actually driving around here...wish i could afford that

Dif
02-17-10, 01:39 AM
Sounds like it was a Platinum edition but, they have gone way up on all the Escalade model prices in just a few years.
My Leased 07 EXT was listed at 61K.
The Lease was up so I looked at a 2010 EXT two months ago thinking it'd be nice to move up to a 2010.
Sticker was 70K :rolleyes:
Needless to say, I bought out my 07 for $36,800 and I'm Happy.

corvette00
02-17-10, 11:19 AM
I agree, along with the price increase is terrible leases. I realize the old days of $650 a month for 24 months are over, but come on $1,000 a month with GMS for a 36 or 39 month lease. I think I could live with $800 a month for 36 months. I thought GMAC got funds to put towards vehicle sales. It seems like 07 Escalades are presently selling in the mid-30k range. Therefore, the residual value on a 2010 should be around 48-50% range, yet they are only at 37%. This is why the lease rates are so high. The past is over, GM & GMAC need to realize they should not try to recover past losses in the priograms on their new vehicles (that's what bankruptcy was for). It's time for a fresh start price the vehicles correctly and get in tune with the market. Also, us Amercans still want a V8 available in a Cadillac.

evois
02-17-10, 12:16 PM
just go with their 0% 60 months no down promotion.

mattroberts123
02-17-10, 01:42 PM
I like the 0% for 60, that isn't my problem. It is the sticker shock that gets me.

I can buy a MUCH higher quality vehicle for $85,000.00!

mdadgar
02-17-10, 03:00 PM

The sticker on my 2007 ESV with every option except power running boards was $69,100 (I found the sticker in the glove box when I bought it a year ago).

That's a staggering amount of money for what is essentially a Suburban in a nice suit. Sure glad I paid less than half that when I picked it up. :)

- Mark

Rolex
02-17-10, 08:09 PM
Platinum....non-platinum....I thought GM was out of their tater asking 65k+ for their SUVs. Now asking 85k!?!?? :histeric:

What's even funnier is that people will pay that in spades and folks like me will be able to buy it 1.5 yrs later for roughly HALF that, with the remainder of the full factory warranty.

silverws6ta
02-17-10, 09:38 PM
Seriously folks -- My mom (with my father rolling over in HIS GRAVE most likely) paid sticker for her 2005 Redline STS 1SG at over 60k in October 2004; those days are long gone but she had just retired and deserved it. I purchased my 2006 Stealth Gray STS-V in June 2008 with 12k on the clock and warranty good until 6/2011 for 39k. This past May, Mom purchased a NEW 2008 Escalade Quicksilver fully loaded for 50k. A month later, I found a 2008 EXT White Diamond fully loaded (sans power running boards) and I paid 44k... We'll get the good out of them; have a warranty, great dealer relationship, and not loose our arse I guarantee that.

zam2000
02-18-10, 05:39 PM
Ironically, the Escalade still have one of the best resale value, especially the ESV in popular color (diamond white, black...)

Here in SoCal, a 2007 ESV, in good condition/color, would go for mid 40s. The only large * luxury that could potentially do better is the Mercedes GL. Sticker price was probably in low-mid 70s when new, but most people paid less than that.

As my wife is complaining the ESV is too big for her to go around, I was looking for an LX470, Q7, or Range Rover (she hate the shifter on the GL !!), and the resale price is in the dumpster. You could buy a very nice 07 Range Rover for mid 30s, sticker price was mid 80s. The LX470 is a bit better, but the redesign could have affect the price, not to mention that generation go for 8 years long.

The QX56 is not that much better, but they're too ugly to consider. Going in retail price on used car market, the Escalade is going very well. As a matter of fact, if you buy a used 2007 Escalade when gas was $5/gallon (I've seen some of them go for high $20sK), you would definitely make money, some by a lot, if you sell it now.

The sticker on my 2007 ESV with every option except power running boards was $69,100 (I found the sticker in the glove box when I bought it a year ago).

That's a staggering amount of money for what is essentially a Suburban in a nice suit. Sure glad I paid less than half that when I picked it up. :)

- Mark

jl88
02-24-10, 03:39 AM
I went to my local cadillac dealer since my 07 escalade lease is almost up. My 07 escalade is similiarly equipped to the 2010 escalades, but without the rear entertainment and the power running boards. With the lease to lease deal and cash back, with a selling price of invoice, the best they could do was $1170 at 39 months. My previous car lease was $830 at 39 months.

The projected residual for the 2010 with MSRP of $70k is $26kish. That is totally unreasonable. My 07 Escalade with 21k miles would wholesale at Manheim for $35-36k with the MSRP at 61k.

Also, since they don't offer 10k/yr leases anymore, plus GMAC is charging $999 for new leases, the numbers don't make any sense.

jaycough
02-24-10, 03:30 PM
The pricing is too much, this i why I just traded my 2007 ESV in for a new 2010 Suburb LTZ 4wd Loaded for $51,000 (with GM Family Prices). Even with GM Family pricing, the slade is not worth it. Plus I got tired of polishng the very thin chrome plated rims, wind noise, unresolved ticking (coming from transfer case) that GM says they do not know where it is coming from.

Lord Cadillac
02-24-10, 04:36 PM
I do agree that the pricing is a little ridiculous but in my personal opinion, the Escalade is the best looking full-size SUV available.. It's not the most luxurious (that goes to the Lexus LX570) and I don't think it's the most powerful - but it's certainly a head-turner that makes a statement. I don't think Cadillac wants to sell all that many of them anymore. Maybe it has to do with CAFE.. Honestly, if they can sell FEWER vehicles and make the same in the end, they're better off - especially when it comes to automobiles that use a lot of gas...

Eldo1953
02-24-10, 04:51 PM
I do agree that the pricing is a little ridiculous but in my personal opinion, the Escalade is the best looking full-size SUV available.. It's not the most luxurious (that goes to the Lexus LX570) and I don't think it's the most powerful - but it's certainly a head-turner that makes a statement. I don't think Cadillac wants to sell all that many of them anymore. Maybe it has to do with CAFE.. Honestly, if they can sell FEWER vehicles and make the same in the end, they're better off - especially when it comes to automobiles that use a lot of gas...

I think you might be on to something there sal...:22s:

PreachRR
02-24-10, 05:48 PM

What full size SUV has more power that the Escalade?!

Lord Cadillac
02-24-10, 06:46 PM
What full size SUV has more power that the Escalade?!
Ya know, I think the Escalade IS the most powerful "full size" SUV on the market. So between the way it looks - which from the front and back is (honestly) pretty F'ing nice - and the power it's got - is it any wonder it's as expensive as it is?

Not that I'm saying it's wrong to complain.. The prices of some of these vehicles is down right arrogant. But we're stupid enough to PAY so what's stopping them from jacking up the prices?

PreachRR
02-25-10, 10:49 AM
well for me the deal is that I am not into buying any new vehicles, I can't imagine paying for something that is given away right as I drive off the showroom floor. But for most of us we made good deals and got our Lades at really good prices new and used, so let GM have their delusions of grandeur and just keep making those deals and get what you want! for me I was going to get a 50K 07 tahoe LTZ for 29ish then I came across this 07 Lade with 20K miles and Lux certified for 36K .. No brainer.. and while most believe that this is just a re-badged chevy or GMC I haven't seen too many chevys with a 6.2L and 6 speed, HIDs at least in 07. And if you want to know the scary part go take a look at a loaded 2010 Tahoe or suburban they are in the High 50k like 57ish and I have seen them at 63K for the suburban.

mdadgar
02-25-10, 04:45 PM
and while most believe that this is just a re-badged chevy or GMC I haven't seen too many chevys with a 6.2L and 6 speed, HIDs at least in 07.

*cough*Denali*cough*

- Mark

Eldo1953
02-25-10, 04:51 PM
Ya know, I think the Escalade IS the most powerful "full size" SUV on the market. So between the way it looks - which from the front and back is (honestly) pretty F'ing nice - and the power it's got - is it any wonder it's as expensive as it is?

Not that I'm saying it's wrong to complain.. The prices of some of these vehicles is down right arrogant. But we're stupid enough to PAY so what's stopping them from jacking up the prices?

Did you sell your ESV Sal?

jl88
02-26-10, 08:01 PM
I wholeheartedly disagree. The dealers want to sell the cars. They are offering $500 over invoice or even invoice prices without even the prospective buyer asking. On top of that, there are a lot of manufacturer's rebates in the form of cash back ($2500) and lease to lease programs. This puts the selling price of the car thousands below invoice.

Yet, the numbers don't make sense because their money factors aren't competitive enough and their residuals are *too* low.

GAMC made a lot of bad deals in the past (in the form of real estate loans) and they are trying to make up by punishing new car buyers. That is not the way to make money, or even break even. Much less people that are devoted to the Cadillac brand (I'm trying to buy my 3rd Cadillac in 5 years).

Cadillac/GM is not a niche manufacturer. They are a mass-consumer manufacturer. The factories need to continue to produce cars and the dealers need to move inventory. They cannot wait around for the "whale" that is willing to lease a $60k escalade for $1300 a month.

PreachRR
02-26-10, 08:27 PM
*cough*Denali*cough*

- Mark

cough* in 07 denali only had 380 HP and no HIDs and also the whole bug eyed styling and oh yea 36k b to b and caddy 50k b to b.. and for the most part not much cheaper than the caddy*cough

lnstarr
02-26-10, 10:51 PM
Yea!
It's awful.
I could see the price increase with like...
Better Quality.
But no, that's not the case.
The price of my fully loaded '07 was like... 69?
IT WAS FULLY LOADED!
Then after it was stolen, I got my '09 Platinum ESV.
Sticker of 87K,
Got it for 76.
Gotta love the insurance money... One up to having your 'lade stolen...

Robert (GA)
02-27-10, 12:53 AM
I bought my 09 ESV last October. It had a sticker price of $73,705. Options included the ultra luxury package and DVD entertainment system. I paid $60,750 plus tax/license. The dealer kept $7,250 in assorted rebates. I have read GM will purposely keep production for 2010's at low levels so they can avoid the large rebates. However, with the current state of the economy I have a feeling you will be able to by a 2010 this fall for about $13K off of sticker.

mdadgar
02-27-10, 02:24 PM
cough* in 07 denali only had 380 HP and no HIDs and also the whole bug eyed styling and oh yea 36k b to b and caddy 50k b to b.. and for the most part not much cheaper than the caddy*cough

Same 6.2L motor, slightly derated (maybe). Same 6 speed transmission. HIDs are jewelry.

- Mark

Big Windy Ext
02-27-10, 05:31 PM
GMC doesn't have an EXT .Chevy is rumored to make 6.2 available in Avalanche.

hcvone
03-03-10, 03:44 PM
Had to comment on this thread after a few member and friends :) e-mailed me, there are some great deals right now, look around, in the northeast with all the snow car sales have been really bad, and there are great deals :)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/192901-goodbye-escalade.html

LITTLEELVISDAN
03-04-10, 12:36 PM
I just got done shopping everythig made to replace my 04 Denali. There is nothing made that compares for the money. Ford Expeditions/Navigators have a wimpy 5.4L 310 HP motor and look the 15k less they charge. I looked at everything.

Those who followed the CTS-V2 thread where I blasted GM for taking Obama money and said I would never buy another GM until they paid it back, know I have looked long and hard to go elsewhere.

I landed on a loaded (just shy of a Platnum) 09 AWD White Diamond... Due in Friday..

Damint!!! I tried, but in the end the Escallade is the top dog.

buckeyefan007
03-04-10, 05:22 PM
GM is not in the business to make money selling cars. The Federal Government should have never bailed them out. Who is to say that a business is to big to fail? They reaped what they sewed. They were to all powerful and mighty to listen to their customers and give them what they wanted, they wanted the customer to take what they gave them.

I have bought GM all my life, and so has my father and my late Grandfather. If they cannot compete in the market too bad. Let them go out of business. I remember how angry my Grandfather was when Hudson went out of business, but ,hey, life goes on, and some where some company will fill the void left.

I can assure you these vechilces are way over priced and the Escalade is a HUGE "cash cow" for GM. I am willig to bet that there are probably less than 5 people total at GM that know the excact cost of building an Escalade. The price for every nut and bolt and screw, and every other part that is needed to make the vehicle.:mad2:

jl88
03-09-10, 12:49 PM
GM is now running a lease special 39 month / 10k miles a year for 2010 Escalades.

corvette00
03-09-10, 06:30 PM
Any details, is this US Bank or GMAC. The best I could find is in the $900's for 36 month 12k. This is for a luxury edition. I would like a premium (like the running boards), but can setlle for the luxury

Punmax
03-15-10, 07:30 AM
Think that's bad? Come on over to Canada and see what they have the Lades listed for.

Big Windy Ext
03-15-10, 08:43 AM
You Canucks are still getting hammered !!! Free health care not so free ??

evois
03-15-10, 08:53 AM
that is why GM gets you the option to go to the tahoe or yukon denali.