: Topgear: USA. comming to history channel?

itschrome
02-15-10, 10:22 PM
According to reports, The History Channel has bought about 10 to 12 episodic rights for Top Gear USA and are also now in the hunt for new hosts for the show. According to one of the hosts of the shows previous incarnation, Adam Carolla, the new Top Gear USA show will also have the same host format, that being three people talking endlessly about cars for an entire hour or so. Carolla even went as far as saying that hes up for one of the hosting gigs, which leads us to wonder if his former partners-in-crime, Tanner Foust and Eric Stromer, will also have an opportunity to rekindle their stints as hosts of the new Top Gear USA.

if this is in fact true one can only hope that they will put more effort into the production of this show than they do their current line up of subpar reality shows. Also i would hope to god they can find better hosts. yet i would like nothing more than this to be true and to succeed with flying colors.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-10, 10:26 PM
Love the idea! Hope it comes out to be as well as the BBC version.

itschrome
02-15-10, 10:30 PM
Love the idea! Hope it comes out to be as well as the BBC version.

yeah same here, i am really worried more about the host choices. if they go with the same NBC line up i fear the show won last very long. I dont feel those three could live up to top gear standards. now i'm not saying i want a group trying to be just like the BBC guys. hell no, but i don't want crappy hosts ruining the show with stupidity either.

gary88
02-15-10, 10:37 PM
I don't see it working out well here, at least nowhere near as well as Top Gear UK.

Could you last through an hour of this?

YouTube- DB9

itschrome
02-15-10, 10:51 PM

:nono:

orconn
02-16-10, 12:22 AM
I thought the name Eric Stromer sounded familiar. My wife watches a home imrovement channel ah Eric Stromer is on one of the shows. I don't know about the other two supposed host for a History Channel "Top Gear U.S.A." show but if Eric Stromer is a host on the show, they just lost me as a viewer. As far as the two dudes doing the piece on thew DB9 .... I saw these two do piece on a Lamborghini 350 Gt, a car I know a great deal about having bought one from the factory in 1968 and having owned and maintained it for over ten years. These guys were pitiful to put it mildly, their knowledge was not well researched and their presentation was strictly amateur. In fact, I thought the little presentation on the Lambo was some kind of club thing, by no means a piece supposedly done by professionals. If the History Channel can't do better than these incompetents I think theyn should stick to PBS re-runs!

Aron9000
02-16-10, 03:07 AM
They need to get Jay Leno to host.

ben.gators
02-16-10, 04:03 AM
I don't see it working out well here, at least nowhere near as well as Top Gear UK.

YouTube- DB9 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVmLiKgWGvE)

I gave up in first 10 seconds.....:wtf:

itschrome
02-16-10, 04:38 AM
They need to get Jay Leno to host.

Yeah he would be perfect for the show. How eve he passed on NBC so i doubt he'll go for it now.. :(

I'd love to see Leno, maybe Seinfeld and... and.... some one who's not Adam Carolla..

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
02-16-10, 04:41 AM
I gave up once he said he had Chip Foose modify his Aston...

You don't modify Astons, Bentleys or Rolls Royce's. You just don't.

Kick94sts
02-16-10, 04:45 AM
I gave up in first 10 seconds.....:wtf:

Yea...I made it to 26 seconds being hopeful.... They really need to find 3 people with crazy personalities, and be willing to bash cars (even American cars). I think it would help to get people with a racing background too...

I hope it can be as good as Top Gear UK.

I wonder who The Stig will be!?!? Maybe I should audtion...... :shhh:

billc83
02-16-10, 08:45 AM
I could do a better job hosting a car show than this example.

From the looks of it, it appears that Adam Carolla is showcasing his collection a la Jay Leno's garage, but Leno has the personality (and editing) to pull it off. That example is just one guy talking about his car. The related videos pulled up aren't too much better.

Stingroo
02-16-10, 09:23 AM
He said "Aston Martin" so many times in the first 1:30 that I wanted to punch him in the face and rip his tongue out.

If he hosts, I won't watch, period. lol

Also.... isn't it BRITISH Racing Green?

Aron9000
02-17-10, 01:09 AM
He said "Aston Martin" so many times in the first 1:30 that I wanted to punch him in the face and rip his tongue out.

If he hosts, I won't watch, period. lol

Also.... isn't it BRITISH Racing Green?

That car isn't British Racing Green . . . .

This is British Racing Green
http://www.miata.net/news/images/miata-se.jpg

orconn
02-17-10, 04:44 PM
^^^ You are right that Aston is not British racing green. But back in the Aston's racing glory days the factory cars were not painted BRG but rather a medium green metallic paint color that I quess was callled "Aston Martin Racing Green."

I've never heard this clown Adam Carolla on the radio or on TV and judging from this car Blog thing I haven't missed anything. It struck as car slob with nit wit sidekick. As I have said elsewhere in this thread I have seen this do a review of his Lamborghini 350 GT which if you can believe was even less competent and interesting than this piece on the Aston. If you feel the same way email the History Channel Feedback section and give them your opinion of this guy hosting "Top Gear U.S."

itschrome
02-17-10, 05:54 PM
I've never heard this clown Adam Carolla on the radio or on TV and judging from this car Blog thing I haven't missed anything. It struck as car slob with nit wit sidekick. As I have said elsewhere in this thread I have seen this do a review of his Lamborghini 350 GT which if you can believe was even less competent and interesting than this piece on the Aston. If you feel the same way email the History Channel Feedback section and give them your opinion of this guy hosting "Top Gear U.S."

I didn't think of that, we should all definitely do this. We need to encourage them to pursue the show but with out Adam corolla.

itschrome
02-17-10, 06:40 PM
I have created a thread in the feedback section. http://boards.history.com/category/Message-Board-Feedback/3011 i urge all of you to sign up and post as well.. we need to do everything we can to make sure we get the show we deserve.. spread the word!

itschrome
02-17-10, 06:46 PM
I have created a thread in the feedback section. http://boards.history.com/category/Message-Board-Feedback/3011 i urge all of you to sign up and post as well.. we need to do everything we can to make sure we get the show we deserve.. spread the word!