: input from the wise ones

molotovman
02-15-10, 12:56 AM
Well on Friday some girl invited me on a date we went to the movies followed by going to dinner, we had a great time. When i dropped her off she told me to text her when i got home to make sure i was home ok, so i did but she never replied (i am assuming she fell a sleep since it was 3AM). The next morning she calls me to see if i want to go to the store with her so we go. After i left i text her "if you have nothing beter to do later you should hit my up" with a ;-) at the end. she replied "okie dokie" with 2 smileys. That was the last we text each other. Since then she has not logged on to her myspace or another forum we both visit.

Do you guys think she is avoiding me or might just be playing hard to get? I just got out of a 3.5 year relationship and have little to no experience how chicks act this days. I really like her, and dont know if i should move on or if she might be playing hard to get. lol Please only serious responses. BTW im 22 years old

orconn
02-15-10, 01:01 AM
Sounds like she hasn't paid her electric bill! Or maybe she came down with a bad cold. I'd give a day or two and contact her again.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-10, 01:04 AM
She's playing it cool. Do the same. Text her on Tuesday or Wednesday & act real casual.

itschrome
02-15-10, 01:10 AM
yeah just stay calm tiger, she's got a life you know. like the others have said wait a few days, Tuesday at the earliest. oh and don't forget when you talk to her next be cool dont ask why you haven't heard from her. Asking why you haven't heard from her will come across as despite and one whiff of desperation can send them running.. good luck.

V-Eight
02-15-10, 01:15 AM
Give her cold turkey till midweek. When women do something like this, you've got to 'punish' them, and that when way when you make the next contact, she'll want you more. Early on, you want to leave some time in between contact to build up until your next meeting. Remember, she's expressed interest, so take that as a good sign

gary88
02-15-10, 01:25 AM
Sounds to me like she just hasn't been on the computer :shifty

dkozloski
02-15-10, 02:12 AM
This subtle crap is for the birds. The next time you see her give her a whack with your club, grab her by the hair, and drag her into the bushes. They all understand old school.

molotovman
02-15-10, 02:48 AM
thanks for the responses,
I shall wait till Wednesday, if she doesn't text what should i text her? again i have been out of the game for almost 4 years so im very rusty when it comes to this

70eldo
02-15-10, 06:05 AM
Oh man, advise on dating on a car forum?
Dang! Cadillac must be something special....

My advise: get out more in the real world for some fresh air. Get away from the computer. ;)

Just be yourself! Good luck!

gdwriter
02-15-10, 03:56 PM
It has been my experience from when I was in my 20s that women in their 20s tend to be flaky. They can run hot and cold back and forth multiple times in a day. I agree with the others; hold off texting her for a couple of days and keep it casual.

I am so past playing games like this. I don't have the slightest interest in woman who play games, either. My last girlfriend always played it straight with me, and we got along terrifically. When she decided to end it, she was honest; she simply didn't have romantic feelings toward me. It hurt like hell since I was just about to tell her I loved her (something I had felt for a couple of months but didn't want to rush), but I appreciated her honesty and that she didn't play any games with me. She handled the break-up as gracefully as possible, and while I'm sorry it didn't last, I sure enjoyed it while it lasted.

orconn
02-15-10, 04:37 PM
I don't know about wise ones, but some of us have been reading "Dear Abby" and her sister "Ann Landers" over cofffee for forty years!

While I understand that Dkoz's relationship techniques may be justified by Alaska's hard climate and limited access to the opposite sex, it may not be suitable to your unique environment. Give the lady a few days and give her a follow up call. Any number of unforeseen things could have kept her from getting back in touch with you. If her silence was intentional, then consider yourself lucky to have found out so soon and continued on your merry way!

thebigjimsho
02-15-10, 06:49 PM
You've been on a date so some sort of relationship has been established. You've has established correspondence with a reliable medium. But you haven't had an extensive time together so DO NOT sweat it.

Give a few days and text or call her again. If she doesn't respond, wait or forget it. Things change a lot from the start of your last relationship to now. Groveling for her attention is not a good way to continue a relationship...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-10, 07:05 PM
Desperation right now, in these early stages will kill it. Been there, done that. You've got to play it casual!

I like the 48 hour rule, only text her once every other day or so. By doing so, it'll show her that you're interested, but only casually. Something like "boy, he's got a lot going on, but atleast he takes time to text me and see how I'm doing. Nice guy!" If you become her whipping boy, she'll either go running or you'll get "friend zoned". And I don't know what's worse.

Remember, text her, don't call her. Texting is much more casual and easy, calling shows more importance & it could make for an awkward conversation, especially if it's unexpected. Or you could playfully write on her myspace page, just keep it casual. When she texts back, wait a little bit to respond. Once again, that shows her you've got more important things to attend to, but you'll politely return her text at your whim.

Women at our age are pretty flaky, not as bad as they were when we were teenagers, but not something to rely 100% on, especially in the early stages. If plans change, don't sweat it. She's just playing hard to get and you should follow suit.

Best of luck! It's a tough game, mentally numbing, but when it plays out it's SO worth it!

V-Eight
02-15-10, 07:30 PM
Groveling for her attention is not a good way to continue a relationship...

In fact its the worst way, you should NEVER have to qualify yourself, as it puts them in the power seat. You've gotta to work to make them feel lucky that they got you.

RightTurn
02-15-10, 07:43 PM
I'd like to know how many responders to this thread have a GF. :lol:

thebigjimsho
02-15-10, 07:44 PM
Well, you are my imaginary girlfriend...

molotovman
02-15-10, 07:45 PM
lots of good advice thanks guys,
If I was to text her something like "I noticed you have not logged in to (forum name here) just making sure you are alright"
will that be a bad move?

gdwriter
02-15-10, 07:52 PM
I'd like to know how many responders to this thread have a GF. :lol:Good point.

I myself have a stellar record in the relationship department. :lawl:

If I was to text her something like "I noticed you have not logged in to (forum name here) just making sure you are alright"
will that be a bad move?Yes.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-10, 08:01 PM

I was married but she died in a horrific train incident.

I'm still recovering. :crying:

will that be a bad move?

Bad move. Just text her asking her how she's doing or if she had a good weekend or something like that.

thebigjimsho
02-15-10, 08:39 PM
Yeah, just text hw R u

Or however you youngins type it up these days...

iowasevillests
02-15-10, 09:25 PM
+1 on the others calling it a bad move, find something else to do till at least Tuesday night then text her, its tough I know but you'll manage

itschrome
02-15-10, 09:43 PM

2 1/2 years and going strong.

will that be a bad move?

bad move on so many levels. 1st desperation like I and other have said, this will kill it cold. @nd kind of makes you seems like you have little to no life out side of your home. Not a huge turn on for girls. they don't want a man who sits around the house on internet forums. rather they would prefer a guy whos got shit going on. makes you seems more importants or something. even if you do both frequent forums.. so to some it up asking that would kind of make you seems like a desperate loser, not to mention stalkerish so if you would like to ever see her again, dont send her that msg.

itschrome
02-15-10, 09:44 PM
hey, also you dont use the same user name there and here do you? just wondering cause what if she did a google search and came by this forum. awkward..

V-Eight
02-15-10, 09:57 PM
Yeah, lol, that would be bad...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-10, 10:19 PM
bad move on so many levels. 1st desperation like I and other have said, this will kill it cold. @nd kind of makes you seems like you have little to no life out side of your home. Not a huge turn on for girls. they don't want a man who sits around the house on internet forums. rather they would prefer a guy whos got shit going on. makes you seems more importants or something. even if you do both frequent forums.. so to some it up asking that would kind of make you seems like a desperate loser, not to mention stalkerish so if you would like to ever see her again, dont send her that msg.

The worst experience I had with a woman sounds just like that. I was 19, she was 16, and she was OBSESSED with me. At first, it wasn't so bad, but after 20 texts a day, every day, and numerous phone calls (and that was within a week of meeting her) I saw it wasn't as good as I'd hoped. I mean I like attention, but christ lady, back off.

I told a friend the story (the only friend of mine that's married) and he told me I'd better get out of it before she dragged me down. That I did.

It's like .38 Special said:

"Hold on loosely, but don't let go. If you cling too tightly, you're gonna lose control"

molotovman
02-15-10, 10:49 PM
hey, also you dont use the same user name there and here do you? just wondering cause what if she did a google search and came by this forum. awkward..

lol nah i was banned with this user name on that forum about 3 years ago....
ohh snaps but i did tell her this used to be my user name, but i doubt she will search if she is indeed still interested, and if she does she will find pics of my caddy before she finds this page lol

V-Eight
02-15-10, 11:03 PM
"Hold on loosely, but don't let go. If you cling too tightly, you're gonna lose control"

Absolutely, this is the key!

CadillacCastle
02-16-10, 12:30 AM
good luck molotovman

70eldo
02-16-10, 06:10 AM

4 years +kid :cool:

molotovman
02-16-10, 08:00 PM
chick is still MIA on forum and myspace, but honestly think i lost interest in this chick. lol it could had been that i just had got out of a long term relation, and was looking for someone to take the pain away. but I will text her tomorrow "We are gonna get ice cream wanna come with" see how it goes. Unless someone gives me a better line to pitch lol

ben.gators
02-16-10, 08:20 PM

7 months in AZ and still no girlfriend! :crying: BTW, is there any single girl around, please ASL me....:D

Damn, this forum is great, it gives us help and consultation in all aspects of our life!:histeric:

ben.gators
02-16-10, 08:22 PM
I was married but she died in a horrific train incident.

I'm still recovering. :crying:

Sorry to hear that dude:(

ben.gators
02-16-10, 08:30 PM
chick is still MIA on forum and myspace, but honestly think i lost interest in this chick. lol it could had been that i just had got out of a long term relation, and was looking for someone to take the pain away. but I will text her tomorrow "We are gonna get ice cream wanna come with" see how it goes. Unless someone gives me a better line to pitch lol

let us to know how it goes, all prays of cadillac owners for you!:D

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-16-10, 08:35 PM
"We are gonna get ice cream wanna come with" see how it goes. Unless someone gives me a better line to pitch lol

Just text her and ask her how she's doing or how her week is going. See where that gets you.

orconn
02-16-10, 08:42 PM
If you text her "We gonna get some ice cream wanna come with?" She will quite legitimately ask "Who's WE? You and your little friend?"

If you have cooled already on this young lady, she and you both are better going on to new adventures.

V-Eight
02-17-10, 01:32 AM
Just text her and ask her how she's doing or how her week is going. See where that gets you.

That, or ask her what she's up to this weekend.

Sandy
02-17-10, 07:48 PM
Listen up

She sences that you are warmer to her - than she is to you. She's scared
Leave her alone for 8 days & then contact her and talk about anything other than the two of you. Sports, cars, movies, computers, news on TV, whatever. Keep the lines of communation open. Do not ask her out.
A friendly no srtress no decession call.

Then wait for a call or e-mail from her. If it does not happen, she is not interested any longer. Girls have no clue what they want until they hit 28.

molotovman
02-17-10, 08:02 PM
Thanks for all your help guys,

Well looks like I have failed, I text her about an hour ago asking here how her week has gone.... so far no reply. F@ck it time to move on. BTW she has now started posting on the other forum again.

Listen up

Leave her alone for 8 days & then contact her and talk about anything other than the two of you. Sports, cars, movies, computers, news on TV, whatever. Keep the lines of communation open. Do not ask her out.
A friendly no srtress no decession call.

Then wait for a call or e-mail from her. If it does not happen, she is not interested any longer. Girls have no clue what they want until they hit 28.

Will keep that in mind for the next one, looks like i will grow some balls and start talking to chicks again.

Stingroo
02-17-10, 08:05 PM
Sandy - 28? lol Why 28?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-17-10, 09:24 PM
Listen up

Leave her alone for 8 days & then contact her and talk about anything other than the two of you. A friendly no srtress no decession call.

Exactly.

Sandy, being in sales has taught me a lot, and I'm sure you've seen the same thing in all your experience. It's so easy to lose a sale by talking too much. As I've been told by so many of my coworkers thoughout the years, sometimes it's best to shut the **** up and let the customer finish the sale.

It's funny how much selling is like dating.

Sandy
02-17-10, 11:03 PM
LET ME TELL YA ALL A GREAT STORY
It's 1976, and per usual, I am selling Dodge.
A very nice looking girl, about my age comes in. She is a typical "No Nothing" shopper. She actually does not know enough to MAKE a decession on any car, or what to do. (We are in 1st grade, now). So, I show her around and grow to kinda like her. She is a nice person, I can see that - but I can't see myself selling her a car. I think she will buy - probably in a year! We go to the used car lot. All the new stuff is way too much money for her. On the used car lot, she warms up ALOT to a AMC PACER "X" . We own it cheap, maybe I can sell her. It took 3 hours, but I got a deal AND a deposit.
On delivery day (DD) everythng went great. Down the road she went.

Couple days later, I called her to see if she was happy with the Pacer. She was! Good!!! Since I had gotten to know her pretty good, and I liked her & knew she, like me, was single, I asked her out.
Her reply was "NOT ON YOUR LIFE"
I felt like a phool.
Then the Pacer had a problem! Steering squeek and "funny wipers" ~ so she brought it in for service. I greeted her
and went about my business. She left & thanked me.

That night, just before closing, she calls the dealership & asks for me. I get on and she announces herself and asks me if I'd like to meet her for coffee.
I meet her. She is terribly shy, and she is 28 ! She says she is sorry for her reply to me, and wanted to say so......in person.
We go out that Saturday night, and began going out 2 weeks later.

:thumbsup:

We have been sleeping together, now for only 26 years !
A quarter of a century later, we are still like kids! Our 25 year old
son, says we act like a couple of kids.

Moral: Ya never know, when the right one is gonna walk thru the door, (and buy a Pacer!!)
But, they don't really become "adult-like" 'til they hit 28 !! Up to then, they are "giddy" "giggly"
and "silly" & don't know what they wantThey are only really comfortable with other GIRLS.
Boys / Guys make them NeRvOuS.

For our 1st Anniversary, I bought her a Cadillac Sedan deVille. 1982,
from the local Mary Kay lady, a PINK '82 SDV.
(She is STILL shy - and says I embaress her sometimes - but is used to me.)

iowasevillests
02-17-10, 11:27 PM
Good story Sandy and congrats on 26 years! I'm impressed though that she married you after you sold her a Pacer! But at least you made it up by buying her a Caddy...even if it was pink.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-18-10, 01:29 AM
Great story Sandy! I can only hope someday I'll have a story like that to tell.

ben.gators
02-18-10, 04:08 AM
Great story Sandy, thanks for sharing it with us.

Let me say some thing too, indeed this is not my own words, this is the thing that my great ex-GF (and my current best friend) has said to me before about girls:

"If a girl detects a guy is suitable for her, she finally will let him in, no matter how the guy approaches and does (exclude foolish things that may ruin every thing), but if she does not like a guy, any good things that the guy does for her, the girl will finds something to hold against the guy!"

I can conclude from this that take it easy about what you sent, or when you sent, if she thinks you are the special person for her, will come to you, else there is no more work that you can do. In latter case just try other girls around, there are millions of them dude!

I am not saying this as a mature experienced guy, instead I myself need help and consultation in my relationship with girls!:( just wanted to share the idea that is coming from a girl!

ben.gators
02-18-10, 04:17 AM
By the way Sandy, you loved that girl and sold her a Pacer!:eek:, what kind of junk car you would sell if you hated her? :p

70eldo
02-18-10, 08:54 AM
By the way Sandy, you loved that girl and sold her a Pacer!:eek:, what kind of junk car you would sell if you hated her? :p

I like the Pacer! :thumbsup:

gdwriter
02-18-10, 02:50 PM
Great story, Sandy. It sounds like you and Karen were just made for each other. And to still have that thrill after 26 years, wow!

And I love the part about selling her a Pacer. That makes the story! Now, if you had sold her a Vega, you probably would have seen her again, soon. And she would have been very unhappy.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-18-10, 07:35 PM
And I love the part about selling her a Pacer. That makes the story! Now, if you had sold her a Vega, you probably would have seen her again, soon. And she would have been very unhappy.

Oh god, just think if you sold her a Pinto! :eek:

Stingroo
02-18-10, 07:41 PM
She probably wouldn't have made it back. Sandy made a good catch. :thumbsup:

Sandy
02-18-10, 09:44 PM

I didn't love her, when I sold her the Pacer, she was then just a attractive female customer.

Soon as I could, i sold the Pacer & got the Caddy - but, I had to wait until the M.K. Pink Caddy came off
Lease. It had only 20,000 miles on it & was mint - actually SUPER mint. I got rid of the standard
full hub caps and put on those gansta Appliance genuine wire wheels, and vogue WW tyres.
It was a really nice looking car -Wish I had a picture.

Today she drives a Jeep Cherokee Limited 4X4 wagon -Silver Met. Black Leather All Options.

Stingroo
02-18-10, 10:42 PM
How's this for irony, Sandy?

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/curbside-classic-1975-amc-pacer-x/

ben.gators
02-19-10, 12:58 AM
I didn't love her, when I sold her the Pacer, she was then just a attractive female customer.

Soon as I could, i sold the Pacer & got the Caddy - but, I had to wait until the M.K. Pink Caddy came off
Lease. It had only 20,000 miles on it & was mint - actually SUPER mint. I got rid of the standard
full hub caps and put on those gansta Appliance genuine wire wheels, and vogue WW tyres.
It was a really nice looking car -Wish I had a picture.

Today she drives a Jeep Cherokee Limited 4X4 wagon -Silver Met. Black Leather All Options.

All top and nice car!

ben.gators
02-19-10, 12:59 AM
Pacer on CNN website, today::D

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2010/autos/1002/gallery.cheap_collector_cars/2.html

Sandy
02-19-10, 05:57 PM
Those are all more "dressy" than the one I sold Karen. Her's was all dark red metallic, faded on the hood and wore hub caps, not even full wheel covers. It was basic but with A.C T/G P/S and Am radio. Price leader.

molotovman
03-04-10, 11:01 PM
thought i would update you... we ended up seeing each other again, she invited just me to go hang out with her again this Saturday, she is not the brightest and posted on the other forum something about her that i don't approve of so i think we shall stay in the friend zone.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-04-10, 11:40 PM
Oh....ouch. Well atleast you guys get to hang out. Shit, maybe you'll end up hooking up somewhere down the road, who knows.

dkozloski
03-05-10, 11:31 AM
If you're desperate use the James Carville method; tie a hundred dollar bill on a string and drag it behind you through the nearest trailer park.

thebigjimsho
03-05-10, 11:35 AM
If you're desperate use the James Carville method; tie a hundred dollar bill on a string and drag it behind you through the nearest trailer park.
James Carville is a former client of mine. Helluva nice d00d...