: dead battery, things staying on when truck is off?

trashguy
02-14-10, 12:28 AM
the other day i parked the truck at 10pm went to start it at 7am and it was stone dead. it gave no sign of a weak battery prior ,like hard starts or dim lights. called roadside got a jump and it was fine and used it all day ,next nite it was parked again for 8 hrs and stone dead in the morning again. had roadside tow it to the dealer , they said they checked everything and there was no draw probably a bad battery, they installed a new battery and sent me on my way.
now it seems fine but i think something has to be running the battery down.so i sat in the truck and locked the doors with the remote to see if theres anything not shutting down. after a few minutes the light on the power mirror switch on the drivers door lights up, theres a clicking noise coming from the pass door and it sounds like a disc in the radio starts spinning. this last for a few seconds everything turns off and it repeats this every minute or so.anyone ever have a problem like this?

JRocscalade
02-14-10, 02:38 PM
first, you may want to try and reset the system by disconnecting the batt for 20-30 mins, reconnect, start the car and let the batt recharge, turn off the truck and see if the problem still persists with the dvd player. I think theres a recall for the batteries on the 07 Escalades. There are also problems with the dvd player staying on. You may need to have your dealer check out the dvd player...Good luck.

Escapade
02-16-10, 07:02 AM
I thought this was just the bad battery problem.... but if things in your truck are powered on every minute or so, there's definitely something wrong.....reseting could help but you should let the dealer know about this.......

Gigantor
02-16-10, 01:35 PM
I here of dead battery complaints, it must be a isolated problem,
I have a 2008 AWD with 12,000 miles. . .no battery issues

trashguy
02-16-10, 05:55 PM
Its back at the dealer now, will update this when I hear something.