: CORSA Touring

tbss08
02-13-10, 05:40 PM
Received my CORSA touring mufflers today. I might tackle putting them on tomorrow in the garage. It is suppose to snow again tonight and tomorrow so what better way to spend the day? I've thought about a local muffler shop putting these on but the procedure doesn't look all that bad and our one shop in town, the owner got busted for dealing drugs and closed down.
Has anyone put these on themselves?
I don't have a lift so it will be on the floor.

cbloveday
02-13-10, 07:14 PM
As long as you make the cut proper it is a breeze. I assume they arrived with instructions, right? If not, I have a copy and can email them. I had the corsa sport.

RemoWilliams
02-13-10, 09:39 PM
So what is the difference between the Corsa sport and touring? I think I have only heard sound clips of the Sport and they sounded to loud at idle. Really truck like. I would be curious to hear the touring.

GMX322V S/C
02-13-10, 09:53 PM
^^^
Just the sound levels. Same flow, same performance, the Tourings are just quieter. Corsas utilize destructive interference noise cancellation technology to reduce certain noise components. The Sports and Extremes let proportionally more of the original noise components through vs. the Tourings.

RemoWilliams
02-13-10, 11:06 PM
tbss08 please post up some sound clips when you get it installed. The touring maybe what I am looking for. Good luck with the install.

neuronbob
02-14-10, 12:23 AM
So what is the difference between the Corsa sport and touring? I think I have only heard sound clips of the Sport and they sounded to loud at idle. Really truck like. I would be curious to hear the touring.

Click the videos in my sig. I have the Touring. Touring is perfect for me as it's stock-sounding without a drone when you're not WOT, but at WOT it sounds absolutely godly. I plan to re-record my sound clips soon....I have better video/sound equipment now that will hopefully capture the exhaust sound better.

lbenoit
02-14-10, 07:59 AM
anonfrank -- when you say "without the drone" are you referring to the characteristic drone (resonance) of the stock exhaust system at 65-75 mph highway cruising speeds? The Touring mufflers solve this annoyance?

neuronbob
02-14-10, 10:55 AM
YES. :thumbsup:

RogersV
02-14-10, 11:14 AM
tbss08 please post up some sound clips when you get it installed. The touring maybe what I am looking for. Good luck with the install.

I'm also interested in hearing the touring. I'd like a good low rumble at idle and tapering off as the revs come up. I'm not asking for much. :bigroll:

GMX322V S/C
02-14-10, 09:05 PM
Corsa Tourings, custom 2.5" mandrel-bent cat-back/x-pipe, all 4 stock catalytic converters retained:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Ji9b5Od-bQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Ji9b5Od-bQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

sirjames
02-15-10, 10:44 AM
Sweet! Can't wait 'till my birthday to get a set. (It's April 25th if you would like to send me a set...)

Thanks for posting!

GM-4-LIFE
02-15-10, 06:39 PM
We have both Corsa touring and Corsa sport muffler kits available.

Feel free to email or call us for further information or to place an order.

$1299.95 shipped for your choice of either touring or sport.

Thanks!

SG

ronzride
02-16-10, 05:39 PM
Received my CORSA touring mufflers today. I might tackle putting them on tomorrow in the garage. It is suppose to snow again tonight and tomorrow so what better way to spend the day? I've thought about a local muffler shop putting these on but the procedure doesn't look all that bad and our one shop in town, the owner got busted for dealing drugs and closed down.
Has anyone put these on themselves?
I don't have a lift so it will be on the floor.

Did you ever install your mufflers yet??If you did the job yourself,did you have any problems with the install??I just receiver my Corsa Tourings and was thinking about installing them myself,any hints would be appreciated...thnx

tbss08
02-16-10, 05:51 PM
I was going to install them myself but a local shop will do the install for $60.00. By the time I bought the cutter and laid on my back on the concrete it wouldn't be worth it. I will have them installed either tomorrow or for sure on Saturday. It depends on the crazy weather around here on which day.

cbloveday
02-16-10, 06:43 PM
Did you ever install your mufflers yet??If you did the job yourself,did you have any problems with the install??I just receiver my Corsa Tourings and was thinking about installing them myself,any hints would be appreciated...thnx

Majctsv just did his own install pm him with questions. :thumbsup:

tbss08
02-17-10, 09:52 PM
A quick sound clip of the Corsa's on the V. Nice install and a great shop who put them on.

YouTube- Corsa Touring

2k9RedV
02-17-10, 10:03 PM
Oh, very nice!!! I really like the way those sound. Great job and thanks for posting the sound clip

tbss08
02-17-10, 10:07 PM
Thanks, the car sounds much better on the road and really good when you hit the go pedal a little harder. Too cold for playing but I can wait till spring.

neuronbob
02-17-10, 10:16 PM
Since everyone is posting their Touring videos I'll repost my old ones, linked in my sig:

YouTube- 2009 CTS-V with Corsa Touring axleback exhaust on dyno
YouTube- 2009 CTS-V stock exhaust vs. Corsa axleback exhaust

Better video coming in the spring when it's warmer. Just settling on type of exterior camera mount to get moving exhaust sounds.

RemoWilliams
02-17-10, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the vids! They touring sounds great. I am leaning toward the kooks headers and exhaust with stock mufflers. My hesitation is that my SA said I might have an issue if I need warranty work if I have headers.

cbloveday
02-18-10, 09:03 AM
You may have seen this but this is a vid of my American Racing Headers, 3 inch pipes with no cats to the OEM mufflers. Sorry about vid quality but it was cold and windy the day I shot the video.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/wait4meinstall/th_DSC_0191.jpg (http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/wait4meinstall/?action=view&current=DSC_0191.flv)

RogersV
02-18-10, 03:08 PM
I've heard both sound bites, the sport and touring. At idle the bites sound the same. Which one is quieter at 75 MPH? TIA

GMX322V S/C
02-19-10, 02:05 PM
I've not heard both at 75 MPH, but the Tourings are designed to be quieter than the Sports all around. I can't explain why the clips sound similar at idle, other than variables that might have to do with the recordings--such as AGC (auto gain ctrl), etc, but I have heard Tourings and Sports in person; both had Kooks setups, so they only ran a pair of high-flow cats (no close-coupled cats because they'd go right where the collectors are). With this setup, even the Tourings were too loud to my tastes for this car--but the Sports were even louder--as in race car loud, even at idle. Just my opinion, but I hope this helps.

tbss08
02-19-10, 06:03 PM
I took the car up to 75 and it purrs. I didn't have a way to record this AM but if I've got the car and camera out together and have the opportunity I'll tape it and post up.