: 2007 cadillac escalade ext heated seats dont work PLEASE help!

bfranklin74
02-13-10, 10:18 AM
Hello, my name is Brent im new here. I just purchased an 07 EXT black on black fully loaded with 75k..I wholesale cars so i bought it at an auction for my personal use and I noticed the othernight that the seat warmers never get warm. The seat light with the wave of heat on the dash comes on when you press the button but it never warms up..Ive looked for a fuse and cant seem to locate one. Also I dont have the owners manual... Anybody have any advice for me? It will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Brent

bfranklin74
02-14-10, 09:33 AM
ANYBODY have ANY ideas it sure is cold here in bama

alb0zf1n3st
02-14-10, 02:13 PM
I have the same issue I'm going to the dealer tomorrow about it... It's been annoying me but I searched forums and they say it's the control module that needs to be replaced

bfranklin74
02-14-10, 05:22 PM
Please let me know what they say...ive been looking for a fuse and cant find one sometimes when i turn themon I can hear a minute click but they never heat...anyway please let me know..thanks

rhyno
02-15-10, 11:45 AM
it should just be the fuse for the front cigarette lighter/12v outlet. probly blown change it and you should have toasty seats again.

cadmanchris
02-15-10, 10:27 PM
Under the passenger seat is the CCSM. (climate control seat module) There are three connectors. 2 are smaller and 1 is bigger. Disconnect the bigger connector and inspect the terminals for any burned terminals. Also check the CCSM for the terminals burned or melted. If they are, the terminals and/or CCSM must be replaced.

SouthernCaddy
02-16-10, 06:51 PM
Chris is 100% correct, I had to replace my plug on one of my connector because it was melted. This alos cause me to replace the module soon after. It is under the front passenger seat. Does the A/c part of the seat work?

bfranklin74
02-16-10, 11:51 PM
this may sound crazy but it has been too cold to even check and see if the ac seats are working....i can turn them on but the leather is cold anyway so i cant tell...i checked alot of fuses(not all) and found that my front lighter fuse was blown and i replaced it now the lighter works but still no heated seats....do you have to take the passenger seat out to check the connectors? is there a fuse labeled heated seats? thanks for any help

cadmanchris
02-17-10, 10:30 PM
Trust me, I don't think it would be a fuse. You don't have to take the seat out-just put it all the way up. The module is a gray box with three connectors on it. It is more toward the outboard of the seat. Concentrate on the bigger coonector. If you are in NJ, I could help you. I've been seeing many of these at work and even had it on my truck.

SouthernCaddy
02-21-10, 01:51 PM
It has been 19 degrees here and I can feel the heat as soon as I turn it on.

bfranklin74
02-22-10, 11:38 AM
I replaced the lighter fuse and that didnt work..now i moved the seat all the way forward and cant seem to find anything melted...i still hear the clicking noise when i turn on the heated seats but no heat...it must be the module?

steffy628
12-18-11, 11:19 AM
Both seats stopped working suddenly. I pulled the large plug to the module and can see where the plug started to melt. I cleaned the connection and put it back together. Now the seats are heating fine...my question is this. Would this be covered under the CPO warranty? I am outside the limits of the manufacturer warranty, but still under the CPO warranty. My thought is to get this fixed properly with a new connector and module before the CPO warranty is up and it completely quits.

RickRack
12-19-11, 10:03 AM
So does this module also control the AC seats as well?

Both my heated and cooled seats aren't currently working.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-20-11, 02:19 PM
Steffy628,
I don't see why it would not be covered under the CPO…I would just double check with your local dealer to make sure 100%. Let us know what you find out. Good luck!
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

miketedeschi
01-03-12, 03:58 PM
I believe I have discovered the cause of them problem, but would also like to point out some important findings.

1. The factory remote start function turns on both front heated seats, then turns them off when you put the key in the ignition. (you can actually see the heated seat icons turn off if you watch quickly when you turn key to ON while engine is running after a remote start. This can cause the harness to melt while no one is in the vehicle. If you experience the problem and use remote start, i recommend disconnecting the harness until the problem is resolved.

2. The posts on the internet are confusing about where the module is located. Most posts say "under" the seat, but there is like 9 similar looking modules under the passanger seat. It is actually mounted to the underside of the seat, right under the passengers left knee. It is not mounted on the floor, it is screwed TO THE SEAT underside. (This is root of the problem)

3. The problem occurs because the wiring harness is too short, and tension is placed on the connector when the (front passenger) forward part of the seat is lifted all the way up (think raises knees up, not butt)

I have not figured a good solution yet, but at least the safety concern can be addressed by unplugging the connector in the image below.

http://www.miketedeschi.com/ccsm.jpg

I can now use the remote start without wondering if I am starting a fire. Maybe someone with Molex part number experience can make a 3 inch extension available? Just an idea. The problem will happen again with a replaced connected when the passanger moves the knees part of his seat all the way UP.

-Mike

StevieT
01-03-12, 04:29 PM
wow informative post

steffy628
01-04-12, 11:06 PM
UPDATE...

The heated seats went back out a few days later...so I had the Lady at the dealer to have it looked at under the CPO warranty.

Of course we initially got the run around with he service department :thehand: stating that if it wasn't electrical or a computerized problem, then it wouldn't be covered under the CPO warranty and I'd have to pay an $80 fee to get it diagnosed....God I hate that dealer. :rant2:

Anyways, thanks to this thread, I had done my homework and knew it was electrical in nature w/ the melted plug, I knew it would be covered. :thumbsup: Of course they came up with the same conclusion...the parts (two separate parts) are on order and it goes back in on Friday for the CPO warranty work to be completed.

Now if only the dealer could invest some time in service excellence training, :thepan:, and treat the customer better...they'd be all set! I gurantee that I'd have to be :alchi: before I'd ever purchase a vehicle at Northpointe Cadillac of Seneca, PA!

Spencer

nick lewis
02-01-12, 12:54 PM
Hi - had same issue on my 07 - I called GM and but came up short - I had it looked at by the dealer and the said it had melted connector, module and programming + labor $610. I bought a connector (15326110) and set out to inspect the module. As indicated its under the passenger seat mounted under the seat cushion (Grey Motorola box) it has 2 small Connectors and a large black connector, pop the blue retainers back on the small con and insert a flat head into the large by the snap feature on top. It took me a lot of prying as the connector had melted to the module. I unscrewed the module (2 x 10mm Deep socket) and pulled it in front of the seat and got 2 screwdrivers and wedged out the black connector. (Unhook the Neg on the Battery) First I cleaned the Seat module and opened it up (snap off lid) there was no signs of damage or burned circuits so I set it aside. Now the tricky bit, (TAKE A PICTURE OF THE CONNECTOR UPPER AND LOWER TRACKS OR DRAW A PICTURE SO YOU KNOW WHICH WIRES GO IN WHICH TERMINAL) the black wire was melted hard so I could not find any information of the Delphi 280 GT series apart from a data sheet for installation, so the trick here is the Grey snap in retainer hold the connector terminal in place and you need either a tool for remove this but I just used a small hacksaw blade and carefully cut around the pins. Finally for the con apart and you now have the terminal pins locked in for this I took a staple and opened it up and hit the end with a hammer to make a very small flat head screwdriver (my watch repair tools were too big) then you can slip this under the terminal and it unlocks the terminal it took about 1.5 hrs to hack away. Now check the burned terminal and replace if need be (I do not have the number to hand as there are 2 sizes for either the thick or thin wire) Caution - the new connector has a side lock mechanism so do not snap this before you are happy with where the cables are, click the terminal pins into the new connector make sure you have them with the flat edge closest to the center separation on the upper and lower pins. Once all the pins are in ensure they make a small snap and are temporary locked - check the picture or diagram you made earlier (if you goof one up use the staple trick to unhook) then press the Grey side lock (triangular shape) snap and it clamps the whole cable connector assembly tight.
I then connected it back to the module and reconnected the battery - turned on the ignition and let it run through the lights an fired up the engine and turned on the heated seat - got a click and 5 sec later it clicked off (no joy) devastated I went inside for a cold beer....looked in the manual and went through all the fuses that could be related and found a cooled seat fuse (refer to owners or I can post a picture) in the side fuse box (open drivers door and it’s the panel to the left of the light switch on the side (click it off from bottom) get a long nose pliers or if you have small hand and removed the 30A fuse – it was blown - slipped a new green fuse in and fired it up - seats now operate hot and cold - job Done. Should be covered for vehicles outside Warrantee in my view and it appears a lot have this issue. I own a 04 Envoy and never had anywhere near as many problems this 07 Esco’

Beardare2002
02-08-12, 11:56 PM
Does the 2007 DTS have the same module set up? I have the same problem with my heated/cooled seats. I hear a click when I turn them on, the switch lights work, but nothing happens. Both front seats acted up at the same time. My car in out of warranty and the dealer wants 250 bucks just to check it out.

quattrotman
02-09-12, 02:57 AM
My heated seats just stopped working too. I guess I can expect to have to crawl under the seat and find a burned out connector. Seems to be related to using the remote start (which I use all the time). This seems to be a very common issue with 3 threads going on it right now. I don't understand why this is not a recall but the heated washer thingy was??
Cadillac cust serv...care to help out us escalade owners with fire hazards under our passenger seats?

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-09-12, 11:23 AM
If you send me your contact information (name, phone number, email address, address ) along with your VIN number, mileage and the name of your dealership, I can look into this for you.
Breanne

quattrotman
02-09-12, 11:22 PM
If you send me your contact information (name, phone number, email address, address ) along with your VIN number, mileage and the name of your dealership, I can look into this for you.
Breanne

Thank you,
Actually took a look and the connector is fine so I guess there is something else broken which is my own responsability. Maybe you could help ot these other fine gentlemen with getting their burnt connectors resolved?
This really should be a recall or at the very least a free fix if you bring it in.

pmanzell
02-11-12, 11:07 PM
Mike - Thank you for the excellent explanation and pictures. I had the exact problem today (seat heaters stopped working and my wife and I smelled burning). Your picture was identical to my burnt connector. Have you by chance identified how to repair this? I did see that ebay has the delphi pa6-gb20-gf10 connector which is what is stamped on the mine but I am not sure it is the exact connector and am unsure about unlocking and swapping all 12 wires between the two connectors? Thanks.

sinmiedo
12-12-12, 05:44 PM
i have the same problem and i fixed thanks to this forum, however I was only able to use the heated seats 4 times till the wire burned again.
So sick, to have a stupid issue with a $60000 truck, i belive Cadillac shuld have better designers for this.
Now i m trying to find another pin to connect the wire an would like to ask where i can buy them, since Cadillac do not sell them.

Mikeynator
12-20-13, 04:11 PM
This has happened to me as well, two times int he last 36 months. Of course, after 12 months, they will not warranty it - and both times it cost nearly $1500 to have done. I too am a little tired of buying a premium vehicle with a crappy setup for something so simple as heated seats. In my part of the world, I could care less about air conditioned seats! Just need some heat! -Mike

wadman
12-24-13, 01:45 AM
I'm having the same problem with my 2007 with 105,000 miles on it. dealer said they never heard of the problem but if i give him $105 he would take a look at it for me and tell me what i need.

i just bought this (ACDelco 15326110 Connector/Pigtail (Body Sw & Rly))

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACDelco-15326110-Connector-Pigtail-Body-Sw-Rly/171190730135?_trksid=p5713.m2062&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26 asc%3D360%26meid%3D3616779878827813070%26pid%3D100 042%26prg%3D1188%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D1711981 45429%26

and I'm hoping i can splice it in and put a fuse on that wire that is burning up so the truck does not catch on fire. I'm also going to get a small fire extinguisher to keep in the truck. I'm glad i did not buy this truck brand new $60,000 and it won't even heat the seats.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-24-13, 12:13 PM
This has happened to me as well, two times int he last 36 months. Of course, after 12 months, they will not warranty it - and both times it cost nearly $1500 to have done. I too am a little tired of buying a premium vehicle with a crappy setup for something so simple as heated seats. In my part of the world, I could care less about air conditioned seats! Just need some heat! -Mike
Hello Mikeynator,

I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your Escalade’s heated seats and that the parts warranty has expired on the part that was installed. I would be happy to look further into this concern, but I cannot guarantee any assistance would be available. Please feel free to private message me if you would like me to look further into this on your behalf. You can also reach out to me via email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care

Suzyrn89
05-05-14, 07:16 PM
85,000 miles and my seats are out also, has there been a recall on this, it seems ridiclious that this should be happening especailly with something that could possibly be a fire hazard.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Good evening, Your CF account is activated. Please use the Profile and Settings tabs to update your profile to reflect proper birth date, approximate location, car owned and time zone - or do you really live in London - GMT ?

PWGUNNY
05-07-14, 02:53 PM
Same issue with my seat module on my '08. At this point I wish it had caught fire, then GM would take notice(maybe).

Salo
05-11-14, 11:27 PM
I had the same problem with my 07. I got the parts online (the connector and pins, lucky I ordered an extra one) and did the job myself. The hardest part was breaking the melted connector from the pin. The rest was easy. I soldered the new pin to the wire and I have had no problem.

I also opened a safety hazard write up with NHTSA and wish everyone with this same problem would contact them. As far as the Cadillac Customer Service Rep, forget about them as they only give lip service.