: Boys blowin up my phone

Jesda
02-12-10, 04:28 PM
Out of boredom I listed the Mustang for $1500 thinking no one would want it and because I had no need for a third car. Thats enough to break even on transportation and parts costs. I was willing to go as low as $1100. Anything below that and I'd offer it to friends and family. In less than an hour I had to delete the ad because of the massive influx of calls and text messages, literally just under 100 contacts.

Offers quickly exceeded my asking price even though I made it really clear that it needed brake pads and a tie rod to pass inspection and that the paint was awful. I threw in a close-up photo of my ugly bondo patch job too, but that didn't reduce interest.

So, I started narrowing calls down first by offer amount, then by order of caller, then by how smart they sounded on the phone. It ended up going to a nice kid who was mechanically inclined and had the resources to care for it. He wasn't the highest offer, but he seemed like he'd be the happiest with it.

http://www.all4humor.com/images/files/High%20Five.jpg

I guess I'm going to Olive Garden tonight!

gdwriter
02-12-10, 04:33 PM
So, I started narrowing calls down first by offer amount, then by order of caller, then by how smart they sounded on the phone. It ended up going to a nice kid who was mechanically inclined and had the resources to care for it. He wasn't the highest offer, but he seemed like he'd be the happiest with it.Nice going, Jesda. I like that you sold it to the best buyer.

It's on a slightly different scale, but I know the guy I bought Betty from was happy she was going to somebody who clearly loved the car, would restore her and not turn her into a lowrider. When I stopped by on my way to Oregon in 2003, he was very happy to see what I had done with her; his friends were surprised that it was the same car (not that she looked bad back in 1999).

ryannel2003
02-12-10, 05:25 PM
This song just came on the radio. How ironic.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-13-10, 09:29 AM
Good thing you got rid of it. Now you've got some more moolah to spend next weekend. Are you taking ducky or the STS?

Jesda
02-13-10, 11:14 AM
The right front strut on the Caddy is clanging around pretty badly. Its not fatal but it could be terribly loud and annoying on Chicago roads. I need to make an appointment to fix that once I get the Saab back, which will hopefully be tomorrow.

ryannel2003
02-13-10, 01:07 PM
Are the struts original? If so, that's really good service life for a strut. Mine are making some noise and I've got only 85k on my STS.

Jesda
02-13-10, 04:48 PM
Good question. The car's been with us for only three years and I dont have any previous record of replacement so I'm not sure.