: Porting our supercharger

coach123
02-12-10, 04:09 PM
Has anyone tried porting the supercharger on STS-V? If so what were the results? There are several companies out that port eaton superchargers and get great results.

PGA2B
02-12-10, 04:31 PM
The only one I know of is D3 and I do not know to what extent they port.

I ported the blower on my 99 Grand Prix GTP and had excellent results but I don't know enough about the Cadillac to attempt it.

Photos Here:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/294506
Just wish I could have gotten her back to the track after all the mods.... She ran the 13.65 with just rockers and a tune.

coach123
02-12-10, 07:10 PM
I have been talking with a company called Steigemeier that does a lot of porting on eaton superchargers primarily for Ford mustangs, lightning, and also GM cobalt, and Jags. I think their typical price for porting is around $500 with a 3 day turn around. I guess I will need to be the guinea pig.

Does anyone know why the supercharger pulley can not be reduced in size? Is it built onto the supercharger? Is there a company that produces different pulley sizes i.e. supercharger and crank?

I was also wondering if something like this would work on our cars http://www.killerchiller.com/. This product actually uses the A/C unit to help reduce IAT. You could actually build this setup very easily if you wanted.

PGA2B
02-12-10, 08:21 PM
I have been talking with a company called Steigemeier that does a lot of porting on eaton superchargers primarily for Ford mustangs, lightning, and also GM cobalt, and Jags. I think their typical price for porting is around $500 with a 3 day turn around. I guess I will need to be the guinea pig.

Does anyone know why the supercharger pulley can not be reduced in size? Is it built onto the supercharger? Is there a company that produces different pulley sizes i.e. supercharger and crank?

Steigie is darn near in my backyard. I it going to be hard to find a donor as the SC commands big $$$. As for pulley options.....again D3 is it. They do not do the SC pulley because it is pressed on and very difficult to remove. I contacted the owner of South Florida Pulley Headquarters who said he would make a DUB (Dial your Boost) system but needed a pulley for the CAD design. The pulley is not available from GM with out buying the entire SC unit and I don't have $5K laying around right now so I haven't bought one to get the pulley off. Too bad we could not find a shelled one to get the pulley off to SFPH and the SC to Steigie!!

D3 makes a crank pulley. I sent Dr. Design a PM with a link to this thread.:thumbsup: So maybe he will chime in.

P.S. Good to see another GEADHEAD!!

Dr. Design
02-12-10, 11:18 PM
Hello,
This is something that is included with our stage 2 setups. We have a blueprinting process that we do. As for the results, it really depends on what other modifications are done to the vehicle (i.e. if it has additional boost, headers, etc..) The gains are far more beneficial if you have increased boost levels. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Has anyone tried porting the supercharger on STS-V? If so what were the results? There are several companies out that port eaton superchargers and get great results.

Redxped1
02-13-10, 01:29 PM
Let me know if you get it ported ive always thought about doing this. I know the 03 04 cobra pick up a nice amount of power from that