: Water pump to head gaskets?

malibuandryan
02-11-10, 11:09 PM
Got another question here! Should I replace the 4 (water pump to heads) gaskets? Are they reusable? Thanks again!!! Ryan

1997 Deville Concours

97EldoCoupe
02-11-10, 11:40 PM
Unless they've been replaced in the last year they're not re-useable. And even then - I wouldn't. Install new and be done with it. They're about $30 for all four at Rockauto (or less) and it's four hours worth of work when they fail.

malibuandryan
02-12-10, 12:22 PM
Hey Jake, so I need to purchase two lower and two upper gaskets (total of 4)...What would you recommend, Felpro or ACdelco?? Im going to purchase the studs this Saturday....How long would it take to get to Vincennes, IN 47591 with just regular shipping...Just curious, so I can plan out somethings........Thanks again.

1997 Deville Concours

tateos
02-12-10, 01:00 PM
Hey Jake, so I need to purchase two lower and two upper gaskets (total of 4)...What would you recommend, Felpro or ACdelco?? Im going to purchase the studs this Saturday....How long would it take to get to Vincennes, IN 47591 with just regular shipping...Just curious, so I can plan out somethings........Thanks again.

1997 Deville Concours

All of those gaskets, as well as every other gasket and seal on the top half of the engine, come in the FelPro cylinder head gasket set; get the conversion set for the bottom half. That is what I used when I did my HG job.