: Which one of you traitors told my SA about my mods?

cbloveday
02-11-10, 04:50 PM
So, I called my dealer today to see if they have some sort of magical chemical that works better than Plastix, cerium oxide, etc. etc. to clean and polish the black obsidian trim. After we discussed their Pep Boys polish/glaze and 3m cloth solution, my SA say's ....... "So I understand you did alot to your car." I was taken back for a moment and then laughed. I mean, like I could hide it when I pull up and shake the garage and bust some eardrums. When I pressed him, He said a little birdy told him.

Maybe, if I was concerned I shouldn't have posted my mods in my sig huh? LOL :banghead:

Time to turtle.

perfect
02-11-10, 05:24 PM
A good SA is probably on this very forum...

neuronbob
02-11-10, 05:36 PM
I have to say, your mods are pretty obvious. As you say, there's no way you can hide them from the dealer. Good thing you are not concerned.....

I showed my Corsa exhaust to my SA. Luckily, they say it's an OK mod. Can't hide that.....when my car is in for an oil change, I can hear when they are done and they start up the car.....from inside the service area waiting room. That's just a little axleback exhaust, I can only imagine how loud your car is in the service area.....

Redxped1
02-11-10, 05:48 PM
What dealer do you deal with

CVP33
02-11-10, 06:13 PM

No trust me. The bad ones are on here too. :shhh:

thebigjimsho
02-11-10, 06:21 PM
I told your SA that you are a rat bastard...

dvandentop
02-11-10, 06:56 PM
wow friggen douche tattle tales

Htown09
02-11-10, 06:57 PM
So, I called my dealer today to see if they have some sort of magical chemical that works better than Plastix, cerium oxide, etc. etc. to clean and polish the black obsidian trim. After we discussed their Pep Boys polish/glaze and 3m cloth solution, my SA say's ....... "So I understand you did alot to your car." I was taken back for a moment and then laughed. I mean, like I could hide it when I pull up and shake the garage and bust some eardrums. When I pressed him, He said a little birdy told him.

Maybe, if I was concerned I shouldn't have posted my mods in my sig huh? LOL :banghead:

Time to turtle.

That is why forums have screen names. If you don't want people to know who you are then you can disguise your location or screen name so people can't figure it out.

I am sure the SA's will know anyway by the sound of your car there is no hiding your mods :duck:

Florian
02-11-10, 07:40 PM
wow friggen douche tattle tales

+1 (Dvandentop - bonus points for using douche in a sentence!)

F

cbloveday
02-11-10, 10:57 PM
I just read your replys and laughed my arse off.

When I go for an oil change, I'm gonna complain about the fumes and mufflers.:)

I'll then visit the parts dept and ask where I can get an oem rollcage.

Finally, yuck it up with the 80 something couples in the customer lounge gnawing on pastries.

T3323
02-12-10, 11:16 AM
On a related note, can the OnStar diagnostic system detect some mods, e.g., an engine tune? And does one's home dealer get the monthly results from OnStar?

Gary Wells
02-12-10, 11:23 AM
I am doubtful that On-Star is capable of detecting modification, and even if they can, I am very doubtful that they would get their hands dirty doing that due to what it would xost them in customers.

cbloveday
02-12-10, 05:14 PM
I do get a monthly updates but they just check the maint stuff like oil life and tire pressure etc.

CadV
02-12-10, 05:43 PM
Look in the mirror man there the traitor is lol.

T3323
02-13-10, 12:57 PM
I do get a monthly updates but they just check the maint stuff like oil life and tire pressure etc.

That's what makes me wonder. If OnStar can check tire pressure, etc., what else can it check? How deep into the V's systems can it get?

cbloveday
02-13-10, 01:37 PM
They can check all they want. I will not hide anything. I have bought alot of cars over the years and know alot of people at various dealerships. I am sure someone saw my mods in my signature and mentioned it to my SA. Probaby something like, "He's doing it again". My wife used to call my SA and give him crap about doing mod installs for me. He would call me and we would laugh about it. :). My SA and I have a good relationship. Good enough that, we can trust each other and not be deceitful. I mean, if my car has trouble, they need to know what has been done to the car so they can do the right diagnostics and reduce labor to fix the vehicle. Make sense? I will not try to warranty a failure if the mod caused a failure. I trust they will do all they can for me within their limits. They have always been fair to me.

wfo
02-13-10, 01:41 PM
Why ask why?

Luna.
02-14-10, 01:36 AM

:yeah:

dmp
02-16-10, 10:14 AM
I have to say, your mods are pretty obvious. As you say, there's no way you can hide them from the dealer. Good thing you are not concerned.....

I showed my Corsa exhaust to my SA. Luckily, they say it's an OK mod. Can't hide that.....when my car is in for an oil change, I can hear when they are done and they start up the car.....from inside the service area waiting room.

Are you going to Central for your maintenance? And do you have a preferred SA? I bought from Central, have been in Classic with the Saab (and was not impressed) and my office is around the corner from Crestmont, so I'm interested who other Cleveland owners like.