: Worst song ever, and why?

Jesda
02-11-10, 03:18 PM
I nominate Third Eye Blind's "Non-Dairy Creamer"

Banal lyrics are commonplace among pop songs, but you get the unfortunate feeling that Non-Dairy Creamer is trying to take itself seriously. Its not like Third Eye Blind is incapable of tackling serious subjects with pop glitter like they did in "Semi Charmed Life" or "Jumper".

At least its catchy.
_iZl2ItTEmE

They call it KFC
'Cause it's not really chicken
Hot chettos for breakfast
Make a young student sick and
Did you ever think someone's trickin' you... you, you, you?

And the guy in the pulpit
Is a bigot and a liar
Some kid walks into my school and opens fire
Heard any good jokes lately?
'Cause we sure do need 'em
My punk band's called Operation Iraqi Freedom

What's it gonna be?
Are you real to me?
Or are you non dairy... creamer?

The best comparison they could make between dishonesty and the truth is milk versus non-dairy coffee creamer?

I like mindless pop, but when mindless pop tries to be thoughtful and clever beyond its ability, it loses its appeal. This is why, despite being a foot-tapping little song, its awful for trying so hard but coming up so short.

I still have it in regular rotation on my playlist.

orconn
02-11-10, 04:16 PM
Anything by Hooty and the Blow Fish (AKA Boring and the Monotoneers)! Reason: Boring and monotonous lyrics and melodies.

sven914
02-11-10, 04:16 PM
But non-dairy creamer is real... A real blend of radiated milk derivatives, enhanced corn syrup, boiled horse hooves, partially hydrogenated oil, potassium, benzene, sodium hydrogenate, phosphoric acid, feldspar, dipotassium phosphate, and chemically derived flavoring. What's fake about that?

But the stuff about the "young g@y republicans"... If anything is going to be the down fall of society, it will be them. You can just picture how they'll do it to. Imagine; There's a group of g@y banditos who travel from village to dell. And as night falls, they travel to that cul-de-sac, where only one house stands. And in the window, you see a family, just setting down to their evening meal. And these queers... these queers... don their black hoods, and matching pumps. Sneak up to the house ever so slightly, open the door, and start... F**KING EACH OTHER IN THE ASS! And another American family is destroyed. :nono:

Thats when the song just got ignorant.

gdwriter
02-11-10, 04:58 PM
Tub Thumper immediately comes to mind. God help me if the actual music and lyrics do.

gdwriter
02-11-10, 04:59 PM
Afternoon Delight was so bad it's good.

Jesda
02-11-10, 05:10 PM
Afternoon Delight was so bad it's good.

Arrested Development elevated it to iconic

gdwriter
02-11-10, 06:08 PM
Arrested Development elevated it to iconicOMG, that scene (http://www.movieweb.com/tv/TEs3ksvxhtQ1vv/HUt2rBxyVf8ewy) was so effin' funny.

Night Wolf
02-11-10, 06:17 PM
Tub Thumper immediately comes to mind. God help me if the actual music and lyrics do.

I've got the album. I've heard a lot worse too.

thebigjimsho
02-11-10, 06:56 PM
Arrested Development elevated it to iconic
Amsome!

thebigjimsho
02-11-10, 06:57 PM
I still say Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares to You.

Awful song by an awful human who looks just awful...

Gristle Boy
02-11-10, 07:01 PM
"Rock & Roll Girls" by John Fogherty. Like nails on a chalkboard, only worse. :thepan:

Eric Kahn
02-11-10, 08:00 PM
I still say Sinead O'Connor's Nothing Compares to You.

Awful song by an awful human who looks just awful...

her only hit and she did not write it or want to sing it

Prince wrote it and the record company pretty much forced her to sing it

HAZZARDJOHN
02-11-10, 08:22 PM
With The exception of anything rap, I would say Dancing Queen by Abba. The reason is, I am a Classic rocker, I love Zeppelin and the allman brothers, stuff like that. Well when you listen to Classic rock stations some Idiot will play something hard hitting by Zeppelin or even the beatles and then follow it up with dancing queen! Then it gets stuck in your head, a week later your ears will bleed, and on the 2nd week you'll find yourself strangely attracted to Leif Garret, you don't even want to know what happens when you hit week three *shudders*

~HJ

Stingroo
02-11-10, 08:31 PM
Dancing Queen is really, really annoying.

I had never heard of Sinead O'Connor (sue me, I'm young), and I seriously thought "That's a chick, what?"

My pick for "worst song ever" is anything off of Metallica's St. Anger album. It's so bad, they seriously never play anything off it at shows, and most of us fans refuse to acknowledge its existence.

Saint what?

Jesda
02-11-10, 08:31 PM
I have Abba Gold (with sprinkles of other Swedish songs) burned to a CD for playback in the Saab. :cool2:

Stingroo
02-11-10, 08:37 PM
For some reason, I can totally see Jesda... sunglasses on, top down... "...young and sweet only seventeen ooooh yeeeah!"

I am disturbed. Please allow me to go flush my eyes.

Jesda
02-11-10, 08:42 PM
Tonight the Super Trouper lights are gonna find me
Shining like the sun
Smiling, having fun
Feeling like a number one

Tonight the Super Trouper beams are gonna blind me
But I won't feel blue
Like I always do
'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

orconn
02-11-10, 09:12 PM
I have Abba Gold (with sprinkles of other Swedish songs) burned to a CD for playback in the Saab. :cool2:

Hey, just because you have bought a SAAb doesn't mean you have to listen to Abba! One bit of Swedish deviation doesn't mean you have to go the whole nine yards, Jesda! If you don't stop now we may find you out on a snowy field eating pickled herring and quoting Ibsen to Bergman-esque crows and thinking Ingrid Thulin is your mother!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-11-10, 09:22 PM
Never Let You Go- Rick Astley. Without a doubt the worse song to come across my ears in a long time. It was annoying before they started rick rolling it.

Angry Matt
02-11-10, 09:34 PM
Man, people have old me I like crappy music, I guess this helps confirm it. But I can't stand anything from Third Eye Blind. Stuff like Tubthumper and Right Said Fred definitely suck ass, but they're cool in moderation just to bring back old memories. I had that stupid song stuck in my head all day after watching that youtube video. Thanks.

Stingroo
02-11-10, 09:39 PM
I'm too Sexy is epic. 'Tis a rare musical treat, IMO.

Night Wolf
02-11-10, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I am just going to put myself in the "likes quirky music" category.

I like music. A lot of it. All types. One hit wonders too.

I've got M/A/R/R/S - Pump up the volume, Men without hats - Safety Dance and Falco - Rock me Amadeus - all on vinyl to spin on the turntable.

So, Right Said Fred, Chumbawamba and Third Eye Blind appeal to me, heck I'll even listen to Rick Astley too!

Most people tell me, sooner, rather then later, that I listen to weird music once they start to hear what I listen to. No death metal stuff tho. Among my favorite types of music is my own personally created "FRESSSSSSHHH" category.

Then again I've had guys with neon mohawks or covered nearly head to toe in tatoos and piercings say "you know..... you are just one strange dude" - I like it lots.

As for the question itself... I'm trying to think. Lots of bad songs come to mind, but worst ever? I dunno. I'd have to break it down to worst lyrics, worst beat, worst meaning etc... Can't think of a simple "worst" right now.

Stingroo
02-11-10, 10:26 PM
Honestly, I like all of those songs you just listed there. lol

Can't do Rick Astley though. Just doesn't compute. I have the most varied music taste of almost anyone I know... from rock, to pop, to old school rap... I pretty much do it all.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-11-10, 10:43 PM
I never thought of Third Eye Blind as weird music. I always thought of them as the essential late '90s band, the sound track to growing up during the end of the Clinton years.

Other noteable songs that come to mind as the "worst ever", atleast the worst in the last few years.

Katy Perry's "Hot & Cold". Just hate that song, so annoying, won't come out of my head

Anything by Soulja Boy.

gdwriter
02-11-10, 11:12 PM
I have Abba Gold (with sprinkles of other Swedish songs) burned to a CD for playback in the Saab. :cool2::histeric:

The idea of a guy who's the antithesis of a Swede in terms of looks blasting ABBA (and likely singing along) while driving a Saab is just too freakin' funny.

Stingroo
02-11-10, 11:17 PM
^ See? I'm not alone in my thinking.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-11-10, 11:23 PM
As long as he doesn't play Karma Chameleon, I think we'll be OK.

Destroyer
02-12-10, 12:23 AM
Anything by Hannah Montana, my daughter made me play it in the truck when we go out and it is the worst crap I ever heard. I understand the whole teeny bopper crap but I don't remember Debbie Gibson and others from the 80's and 90's being that bad. Ok, there were the New Kids............................

Destroyer
02-12-10, 12:28 AM
Hey, just because you have bought a SAAb doesn't mean you have to listen to Abba! I wonder if the members of Abba are driving Chevy's and blasting Bruce Springsteen in Sweden? Doubt it. :alchi:

greencadillacmatt
02-12-10, 12:28 AM
You can just picture how they'll do it to. Imagine; There's a group of g@y banditos who travel from village to dell. And as night falls, they travel to that cul-de-sac, where only one house stands. And in the window, you see a family, just setting down to their evening meal. And these queers... these queers... don their black hoods, and matching pumps. Sneak up to the house ever so slightly, open the door, and start... F**KING EACH OTHER IN THE ASS! And another American family is destroyed. :nono:

Best Lewis Black Quote Ever... (I can't believe no-one else saw that.) :worship:

One of my nominations is "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder. It's not a horrible song, but almost every radio station around my area played this song, and played this song, and played it, and then played it some more. You turn on the radio, and there it is. You wanted to yank the radio out of the dash and feed it into a wood chipper. Sometimes turning the channel didn't even help, it would be on another station. I didn't hate the song to begin with (I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it) but they overplayed it so much that to this day I can't stand to listen to it. And don't even get me started on how much they played "When September Ends".

Aron9000
02-12-10, 02:01 AM
Wild Boys-Duran Duran Lyrically its not a bad song, but the execution is just horrible. Super cheesy 80's synth, check. Electronic drum machine, check. Amazingly repetitive, check. Ridiculusy over the top singing, check. The worst part is that its so repetitive and catchy you can't get it out of your head.

I also nominate anything by Nickelback.

ga_etc
02-12-10, 05:21 AM
Best Lewis Black Quote Ever... (I can't believe no-one else saw that.) :worship:

I caught it right away, just not getting there now though lol. Lewis Black FTW, without a doubt. His book is really good too.

On subject though, I nominate something that no one has thought about but everyone remembers. Just think about Barney :ack: and you will know exactly what I'm referring to...

gdwriter
02-12-10, 02:42 PM
Don't Worry, Be Happy. Every time I hear that stupid song, I want to punch somebody. :want:

http://www.q45.org/gdwriter/blm890118.gif

Stingroo
02-12-10, 02:52 PM
Oh, I agree there. That one's up there too. And then when people who CLEARLY cannot whistle, try and whistle along with the background music... ergh. I cringe just thinking about it.

hardrockcamaro@mac.c
02-12-10, 03:11 PM

You could not be more wrong. You could try. But you would not be successful... :thepan:

Same goes to all you TubThumping haters! Reminds me of when I used to go clubbing every night back wen I had my first real job. An anthem for that year of my life... :alchi:

Worst song ever?

CrazyFrog.

MacMuse
02-12-10, 03:40 PM
I refuse to even read this thread for fear of activating the song-stuck-in-my-head gene.

Debbie Boone - You Light Up......(won't even finish that)

:barf:

Aron9000
02-12-10, 04:11 PM
Its an awesome song, but I will nominate it for most ****ed up/disturbing lyrics ever . . . .

Cannibal Corpse- Necropedophile

DopeStar 156
02-13-10, 12:07 AM
"Ten Million Fireflies" or whatever the **** it's called..... That song makes me homicidal......

Runner Ups:
"Newwww Yorrrrk. Concrete jungle where dreams are maaaaade offff."
"I wanna make love right na-na-na."

All make me want to start ripping organs out with my fingers.......

orconn
02-13-10, 12:22 AM
"Tiptoe through the Tulips" by Tiny Tim

"Granma Got Run Over by a Raindeer" by whoever

77CDV
02-13-10, 03:37 AM
"Tiptoe through the Tulips" by Tiny Tim

I think we have a winner!:p

C0RSA1R
02-14-10, 02:38 AM
That song by Beyonce that goes, "If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it" over and over again, and then features her doing a Santa Claus impression, and failing miserably at it.

Whoa hoh hoh,
Whoa hoh hoh, ho ho ho

Currently listening to "Where Did You Sleep Last Night", the cover version by Nirvana done at MTV Unplugged, to get the other crap mentioned in this post outta my head . . .

thebigjimsho
02-14-10, 02:50 AM
"Ten Million Fireflies" or whatever the **** it's called..... That song makes me homicidal......

Runner Ups:
"Newwww Yorrrrk. Concrete jungle where dreams are maaaaade offff."
"I wanna make love right na-na-na."

All make me want to start ripping organs out with my fingers.......
I enjoy both of those songs...

Stingroo
02-14-10, 03:00 AM
Gonna have to agree with DopeStar here. I can't STAND Fireflies. Every time I hear it, I think I die a bit inside. It's a song about NOTHING, but somehow, it's awesomez0rz@#@##!#$!!!@!!

Bleh. I need music to cleanse my ears now.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-10, 10:58 AM
Currently listening to "Where Did You Sleep Last Night", the cover version by Nirvana done at MTV Unplugged, to get the other crap mentioned in this post outta my head . . .

That song is amazing. It might have the best, most bone chillingly awesome vocals I've ever heard.

ryannel2003
02-14-10, 11:22 AM
That song by Beyonce that goes, "If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it" over and over again, and then features her doing a Santa Claus impression, and failing miserably at it.

Whoa hoh hoh,
Whoa hoh hoh, ho ho ho

Really? Have you heard this?

YouTube- Beyoncé - Video Phone ft. Lady Gaga

Eric Kahn
02-14-10, 03:51 PM
I will date myself now, I have actual ABBA albums that I got when they were new ;D

Angry Matt
02-14-10, 06:51 PM
That new Brittney song "three" just gets to me. It's blatantly about a threesome, and that is what it is, but Brittney is an idol to young girls. It's one thing to market it to the adult community, but I couldn't stomach a young daughter of mine listening to that filth.

On a lighter note, anybody have this in their collection?

gdwriter
02-14-10, 10:05 PM
I actually like this song — a lot — but I saw today that Doug Fieger, lead singer of The Knack died this morning from cancer. He was 57. They were a one-hit wonder, but it was #1 for six weeks in 1979:

YouTube- My Sharona - The Knack Official Video

LS1Mike
02-14-10, 10:30 PM
Mmmm Bop...Hanson, there are many other I can't stomach, like the 10,000 fireflies, but Mmmm Bop takes the cake for me.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-10, 10:31 PM
Oh shit yeah. The '90s had a lot of really great music, but there was a lot of garbage too. Hanson tops that list.

billc83
02-14-10, 10:47 PM
From when those boy bands were still roaming free:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHuGG_FsC20&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHuGG_FsC20&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-10, 10:54 PM
oh yeah, possibly the worst trend in modern (white) music in the last 20 years.....boy bands.

V-Eight
02-14-10, 11:26 PM
That new Brittney song "three" just gets to me. It's blatantly about a threesome, and that is what it is, but Brittney is an idol to young girls.

Still, its a great club song, but that's probably where it should stay.

Jesda
02-14-10, 11:27 PM
Boy bands aren't bad. They're an extension of doo wop groups from the first half of the last century that turned into massive Motown groups like The Temptations. That formula was copied by Menudo, Boyz II Men, The Backstreet Boys, and several others. The whole point is that a few guys can sing a decent harmony, maybe dance, and put on a decent show. They deserve credit for vocalizing well, using traditional song structure, and putting on a good presentation.

pm27gOYAvaQ

TSui_TzrE_c

I hate this new trend where everyone, including musical performers, tries to be as extreme and on the edge as possible. Its not out of artistic angst, frustration, or real emotion; its a game of screaming louder to get more media attention. There's nothing wrong with an innocent pop song. I don't always need someone screaming in my ear, so softer songs from Boyz II Men and James Taylor occupy a part of my music collection.

93DevilleUSMC
02-14-10, 11:36 PM
Bitchin` Camaro by the Dead Milkmen. The "song" doesn't start until about two minutes into the track, and before that, all you hear is a monologue by two whiny punks.

billc83
02-14-10, 11:43 PM
Fair enough.

I was really refering to the wave of the late-90s where a few boy bands sprouted up from no where - after the execs figured there's big money in that trend. Mix that with the fact my sister listened to every single one of them (and as a teen you must hate everything your sister is into) and my boy band hatred was complete.

Time has eased a bit of my hatred of boy bands. Some did have some credible vocal chops, I'll give them that. And some of their songs are...ahem...listenable.

But that LFO song I posted? Rubbish...

Destroyer
02-14-10, 11:44 PM
Wild Boys-Duran Duran Lyrically its not a bad song, but the execution is just horrible. Super cheesy 80's synth, check. Electronic drum machine, check. Amazingly repetitive, check. Ridiculusy over the top singing, check. The worst part is that its so repetitive and catchy you can't get it out of your head.

I liked that song. I liked a lot of Duran Duran songs. Haven't listened to them in years. I'll have to download some. ;)

DopeStar 156
02-14-10, 11:53 PM
"Call me Mr. Flintstone, cause I can make your bed rock." Also makes me homicidal...... Since when does Fred Flintstone melt panties?

77CDV
02-15-10, 12:21 AM
Why do you think Wilma's always wearing that mini-dress? ;)

V-Eight
02-15-10, 12:34 AM
Not a Lil Wayne fan I take it?

Stingroo
02-15-10, 12:43 AM
Nobody should be a Lil Wayne fan. That creature should have its vocal cords stripped so it is never reproduced. Ever.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-10, 12:52 AM
I heard the DEA hired him to smoke all the pot in Mexico.

V-Eight
02-15-10, 12:57 AM
Nobody should be a Lil Wayne fan. That creature should have its vocal cords stripped so it is never reproduced. Ever.

Gah, you disappoint me. I'm still a rock and metal guy at heart, but Wayne helped me look at that genre of music in a new light.

Stingroo
02-15-10, 01:48 AM
No. He tore me away from the rap/hip hop genre more than anyone. I refuse to acknowledge anything post 1995, except for some Ludacris songs. He's FTW.

V-Eight
02-15-10, 02:12 AM
See, I guess I'm just a person who doesn't care about the message behind songs. To each his own though

Stingroo
02-15-10, 02:16 AM
I don't, in some respects, but in MOST it drives me crazy.

Jesda
02-15-10, 03:16 AM
Fair enough.But that LFO song I posted? Rubbish...

First clue that a song might be terrible: Celebrity name-dropping. Makes me think of Miley: "And a Jay-Z song was on"

Justin Timberlake, I have to say, puts on a pretty incredible live show. Him, the piano, and a stage of dancers. I dont like how he sounds like he's singing through his nose, but he's really good, like a heterosexual Michael Jackson.

The worst of the late 90s boy band hype:
Mhv6gipA3dc
YouTube- B4-4 Get Down (The Video!)

EcSTSatic
02-15-10, 01:34 PM
Anything by Tiny Tim. You guys probably don't know who I'm talking about.

skU-jBFzXl0

thebigjimsho
02-15-10, 06:39 PM
From when those boy bands were still roaming free:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHuGG_FsC20&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHuGG_FsC20&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
You don't get it. It was a brilliant song with a very catchy beat, a seasonal fondness and over the top non sequiturs. They may have been serious, but the song wasn't totally. Much like these guys. Make no mistake, I'm NOT nominating them for worst song, these guys were amsome...

TEKWZk16N_w

thebigjimsho
02-15-10, 06:42 PM
oc9Xyvvfm4I

V-Eight
02-15-10, 07:27 PM
I think part of what makes these songs SOOOO bad is all the HUGE flamers in the band making themselves look like idiots in the videos.

thebigjimsho
02-15-10, 07:35 PM
I think part of what makes these songs SOOOO bad is all the HUGE flamers in the band making themselves look like idiots in the videos.
Like Jersey Shore? Eh, they were from Fall River so it's expected...

How about OMC?

TfJe8hQ8ha0

thebigjimsho
02-15-10, 07:38 PM
How about OMC?

TfJe8hQ8ha0
Actually, I take that back. We were mocking it last Saturday night whilst at dinner. But now I kinda like it...the beat, anyway...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-10, 07:39 PM
^ Oh man, do I remember THAT song. Takes me back to the summer between 4th & 5th grade ('97)!

Another one of those songs that I hated then, but like now.

77CDV
02-16-10, 12:06 AM
Not I. I still change channels to avoid subjecting myself to it.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-16-10, 12:14 AM
pokerface!!!!

oh my god do i hate that song.

Stingroo
02-16-10, 12:20 AM
How about we just generalize anything by Sir Lady Gaga and leave it at that?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-16-10, 12:23 AM
Yes, she can go the way of Amelia Earhart anytime now.

Stingroo
02-16-10, 12:27 AM
Nah. She can go the way of the Hindenburg. She wears enough flammable shit anyway. :lol:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-16-10, 12:42 AM
I hope she drops like a Lead Zeppelin. Is she a dude or a chick or what??

orconn
02-16-10, 12:57 AM
Well at least she's not Tiny Tim!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-16-10, 09:05 PM
Well at least she's not Tiny Tim!

She's probably got one...

Angry Matt
02-16-10, 09:40 PM
I've been trying to tell my wife, but she won't believe me. As if Lady Gaga's face isn't bad enough!

http://www.burninginfo.com/story/lady-gaga-has-a-disco-stick

gary88
02-17-10, 01:29 AM
Call me absolutely crazy but I think lady gaga is one of the people who has actual talent today :hide: She shocks people into paying attention to her with her stupid outfits but she has actual talent behind all that.

YouTube- Lady Gaga Live at NYU - Captivated &amp; Electric Kiss 2005

ryannel2003
02-17-10, 01:35 AM
I like Lady Gaga. She isn't manufactured like other pop stars and has a unique style all her own. Strange? Absolutely, but I like that about her. She doesn't give a damn what anybody else thinks and just goes out and does what she wants. I appreciate that.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-17-10, 08:59 PM
Call me absolutely crazy but I think lady gaga is one of the people who has actual talent today :hide: She shocks people into paying attention to her with her stupid outfits but she has actual talent behind all that.

I like Lady Gaga. She isn't manufactured like other pop stars and has a unique style all her own. Strange? Absolutely, but I like that about her. She doesn't give a damn what anybody else thinks and just goes out and does what she wants. I appreciate that.

Remind you of anyone else???

http://www.limelightagency.com/robert-knight/images/press/Las-vegase-life/elton-john.jpg

http://radiocristiandad.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/elton.jpg

And to quote one of Reginald Dwight's best known songs:

"Say, Candy and Ronnie, have you seen them yet
Oooh but they're so spaced out, Bennie and the Jets
Oh but they're weird and they're wonderful
Oh Bennie she's really keen
She's got electric boots a mohair suit
You know I read it in a magazine no-ho
Bennie and the Jets"

It's like looking into a crystal ball.

Now don't get me wrong, I like Elton John. His combination of over the top costumes, with a wide variety of radio friendly hits made him one of the '70s biggest stars, not to mention the fact he had massive talent, but Lady GaGa is plain bizarre compared to him, or anyone else we've seen before.

Someone else compared it to Bowie from the early '70s. I'd say that's a pretty fair comparison as well, aside from the fact Bowie made very good music for a very long time.

I've been trying to tell my wife, but she won't believe me. As if Lady Gaga's face isn't bad enough!

http://www.burninginfo.com/story/lady-gaga-has-a-disco-stick

Way TMI! Thank you for that mental image. :bigroll: :mad: :ill:

93DevilleUSMC
02-17-10, 10:00 PM
IIRC, one of Lady Gaga's stated influences was Elton John. No wonder I hate her.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-17-10, 10:08 PM
Katy Perry rights all of Lady Gaga's wrongs.

http://thecount.com/wp-content/uploads/katy-perry40-copy.jpg
http://trendstoday.today.com/files/2009/07/katy_perry-hot-pic-showing-breasts-arent-fake.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/kilroyishear/KatyPerry-PhotobyScottNathanforTooF.jpg
http://www.thelatestnews.in/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/katy-perry1.jpg

I think she sings too or something. Beats me. Who's paying attention anyways?

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 12:39 AM
Katy Perry rights all of Lady Gaga's wrongs.

http://thecount.com/wp-content/uploads/katy-perry40-copy.jpg
http://trendstoday.today.com/files/2009/07/katy_perry-hot-pic-showing-breasts-arent-fake.jpg
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa117/kilroyishear/KatyPerry-PhotobyScottNathanforTooF.jpg
http://www.thelatestnews.in/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/katy-perry1.jpg

I think she sings too or something. Beats me. Who's paying attention anyways?
Give her looks to lady Gaga's performances and you've got a winner...

Lady Gaga has a ton of talent and is just as good live as on video.

Stingroo
02-18-10, 12:55 AM
Chest = Yay
Face = Nay.

Jesda
02-18-10, 01:07 AM
Katy Perry has epic bang-me eyes.

orconn
02-18-10, 01:15 AM
^^^ Yeah, I went back and checked .... yes, she does have eyes!

77CDV
02-18-10, 01:38 AM
Now don't get me wrong, I like Elton John. His combination of over the top costumes, with a wide variety of radio friendly hits made him one of the '70s biggest stars, not to mention the fact he had massive talent, but Lady GaGa is plain bizarre compared to him, or anyone else we've seen before.

Two words: Boy George.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-18-10, 01:41 AM
Nah, she's the complete package.

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 10:23 AM
Two words: Boy George.

Nah, she's the complete package.
hmm...

The Tony Show
02-18-10, 10:28 AM
I believe it's called "In da club", and I don't know who performs it, but it goes "Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah..........[/i]yaaaa-yuh[/i]"

Over and over. And over.

And over again.

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 10:59 AM
I believe it's called "In da club", and I don't know who performs it, but it goes "Yeah yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah..........[/i]yaaaa-yuh[/i]"

Over and over. And over.

And over again.
I forgot you hate LG as well...

gdwriter
02-18-10, 03:22 PM
Katy Perry rights all of Lady Gaga's wrongs.Too old for you, but perfect age for me:

Sheryl Crow:

http://allthesongs.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/sheryl-crow.jpg?w=500

Shelby Lynne:

http://www.the9513.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/shelby-lynne-lovin.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/01/08/magazine/13lynne600.1.jpg

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 04:15 PM
Sheryl Crow is nasty.

gdwriter
02-18-10, 04:21 PM
Sheryl Crow is nasty.Your opinion. Less competition for me.

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 04:30 PM
Your opinion. Less competition for me.
Too bad you've never had her in your car...

gdwriter
02-18-10, 04:41 PM
Figured. Kindly leave my celebrity fantasy be. Kthnx.

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 05:05 PM
Figured. Kindly leave my celebrity fantasy be. Kthnx.
She is a spinner. So you've got that going for you...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-18-10, 10:06 PM
hmm...

That was in response to someone's post saying that Katy Perry's face was meh.

Over and over. And over.

And over again.

I heard that song this morning at Bruegger's Bagels and cringed. It must be some sort of subconscious response. :lol: