: BLS Elegance Navigation DVD

billynic
02-09-10, 12:59 PM
The DVD i got with my brand new BLS Estate was a 2007 disc. Surely not right.

Anyway, on gmnavdisc com what option do I select as I cant see BLS in the model field?

Thanks

S70RMP
02-09-10, 01:31 PM
I thought all production of the BLS has ceased, and that all the units out there now where what were left.

I'd guess that the "new" BLS are the ones that were stored and now being released for a lot less then when the BLS was first released, just my thoughts as I bet they didn't update sat nav's just left as they left the factory.

caddykev
02-10-10, 04:49 PM
Hey Stormp,
I would take a guess and say that the date of the dvd you have is probably the date of manufacture of your auto!!
We've just bought a ' brand new ' one. By the look of the green algae growing in the bottoms of the reversing/ fog light lenses, these babys have been lying around for a LONG time!! lol. Our dvd is the same!!
At the end of the day, we have bought a lot of car for not alot of money! For roughly the same price as our Caddy,we could've bought a VW Golf ( basic model ). I know what car I would prefer!! Leather, sat nav and all the other goodies etc. And the bonus of owning something a little bit different!
Jeremy Clarkson would probably disagree but Ho Hum, he can go boil his arrogant BMW biased head!!

billynic
02-11-10, 07:17 AM
Yes i fully understand . A lot of car for the money,do you know were i can get a fully up to date sat nav disc just for uk &ireland,as i am a private hire driver,and half the roads,streets are missing.not many caddy,s on the cabs i,ll bet....billy nic

S70RMP
02-11-10, 03:35 PM
a caddy cab now that cool !!!!!!

LORD ALVIS
02-11-10, 06:54 PM
Green algae........ oohh! nobody likes the green algae.........

I'm hoping to get my "new" bls wagon from motor point in the next couple of weeks,and I guess I'll have the same 07 problem with the satnav. I'm thinking that the saab 9-3 disc will work the same. Am I right?? If so, there has got to be a cheap update disc knocking around on ebay? Sorry about the spelling, just come home from a really good resturant in newcastle emlyn......... Yes! we have a life out here!!!! peace and love... lord alvis.

S70RMP
02-12-10, 08:06 AM
we're going to have to start a wave going when you see another BLS on the road. When I had a Subaru Impreza Turbo years ago it was like give a wave or flash the lights, this was when they weren't that popular just like the BLS.

I'm going to defo wash mine tomorrow it needs it !
Have to see about getting it detailed one weekend, I'm owed a full valet for fixing a pc for somebody.

caddykev
02-13-10, 02:07 PM
S70RMP,
Sparkle that baby!!!!!
As for the wave thing?????? Er, No! Lol.

S70RMP
02-13-10, 02:36 PM
well it got washed today for the 1st time in ages

need to book that valet !

caddykev
02-14-10, 09:19 AM
Washed mine today. Went to get the loved one some flowers. Looks worse now! Why do we bother?
We went to California last year. Went to lots of classic car shows. All the cars were mint. I was talking to one Guy who's car was spotless. I commented on how clean it looked, only to be told,he hadn't washed it for 12 months!!!!! He just knocked the dust off every time he used it! He doesn't know the half of it! Lol.

LORD ALVIS
02-16-10, 05:40 PM
Washing the car and cleaning the interior is where its at for me.
Best thing in the world.
Nearly as good as driving the things.
Possible better than sex - when you get as old as me,that is!
Just to see a clean, shining, cool looking car on the drive. yeah !!!

caddykev
02-16-10, 05:48 PM
He! He! He!,
I know what you mean about washing and cleaning your car!
Better than sex??
Can I have more time to make a decision on that? Maybe twenty years???? Lol.

vetguru
02-16-10, 06:40 PM
The NAV unit is the same as the Saab 9-3 so just order a new one for a SAAB and it will be the same. Ask Stratstone in Birmingham they sell Saab and Cadillac!!
can't belive the roads in the UK have changed that much in 2 years

Mazuk
02-17-10, 12:08 PM
I have just acquired a Motorpoint BLS.2007 disc for Navigation.I just checked with Saab dealer re latest disc.217 and could not confirm if camera info now included.I will stay with 2007 info.

LORD ALVIS
02-17-10, 04:51 PM
Hi Mazuk, was your motorpoint bls one of the 1.9 elegance diesel wagons at 13999 ?
I have ordered one of these, but heard nothing since they took my 300. To be fair,I havn't contacted them yet.

Mazuk
02-17-10, 05:03 PM
Hello L.A.Yes ,a black(is it jet black or the non metallic black?) with parchment seats 1.9d(180) wagon.I believe it is jet black.I originally agreed a 1.3.2010 reg. and was then told that all? had already been registered and I could have deposit back if required.I am glad I concluded purchase.

LORD ALVIS
02-17-10, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the reply Mazuk. I was expecting a 1/3/10 reg as well. Sounds like I should speak to them. Thanks for the info. Has the spec been what you expected?

caddykev
02-18-10, 05:45 AM
L.A. Mazuk,
Sounds a bit unfair if you've only just secured one.
Maybe that's why they are cheap? Maybe they all had to be registered before the new 1/3/10 plates. When I bought mine ( 22/12/09 ) I was told that the batch that I bought from had to be registered for 09. Dunno why. Mine came from Truro diesels in Cornwall. I had a very smooth and efficient experience with them. They are Saab / Volvo dealers. I think they just bought a batch as a speculative purchase. I believe they have just bought some more. They had great success selling the last lot!!
I'll be interested to see if you have a spare wheel in yours as opposed to the fart can tyre fix and mini compressor I got in mine.

S70RMP
02-18-10, 07:20 AM
so we going to have a Uk BLS Owners meetup ?

If anybody is interested I can supply xxxx@cadillacbls.co.uk email address

for a small yearly fee :-)

Mazuk
02-18-10, 08:42 AM
L.A./CK
The spec was as expected (originally told seats were black but on delivery they were parchment.No problem as I preferred parchment anyway.)The can/compressor appears standard,Not opened mine yet.I had seen a reference to 11 speakers on the internet somewhere.I have found 7 so far.11 probably applies to the V6.All docs are dated 2007 and VIN confirms 2008 model.

ajp558
02-18-10, 11:38 AM
11 speakers probably includes the subwoofer in the spare wheel well. I haven't counted mine, I have just been enjoying the sound and playing with the options.

Checking the spec on mine, I didn't get the remote tyre pressure sensors. I think those were standard on the V6 only. I can live with it, I have put on some valve caps which show green and then go red if the pressure drops. A useful visual aid to save me from letting air out while trying to attach a pressure gauge every few weeks. I also didn't get a warning triangle in the boot which is mentioned in the user Guide, but may not be a standard thing anyway.

caddykev
02-18-10, 07:03 PM
Well,
It does seem that with the exception of a few minor niggles,we're all reasonably pleased with our babies. Things could be worse........ We could've bought a Toyota! Lol!

billynic
02-23-10, 07:15 AM
Green algae........ oohh! nobody likes the green algae.........

I'm hoping to get my "new" bls wagon from motor point in the next couple of weeks,and I guess I'll have the same 07 problem with the satnav. I'm thinking that the saab 9-3 disc will work the same. Am I right?? If so, there has got to be a cheap update disc knocking around on ebay? Sorry about the spelling, just come home from a really good resturant in newcastle emlyn......... Yes! we have a life out here!!!! peace and love... lord alvis.

:halo:Hi i dont think the saab 9-3 disc will work,saab is i think a kenwood system,and the bls is cadillacs own,my son downloaded one of the internet,but it would,nt read it,

ajp558
02-23-10, 09:21 AM
I would be surprised if the current Saab 9-3 Infotainment SAt Nav with touch screen is different from the Cadillac BLS Infotainment with touch screen as the user guides are identical apart from replacing the name Saab with Cadillac. Perhaps the Saab 9-3 disc your son downloaded was either for a different, older model, or it may be corrupt/ISO burnt incorrectly so that even a Saab 9-3 couldn't read it?

S70RMP
02-23-10, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't trust the ISO downloads for maps they are well known not to work

caddykev
02-23-10, 06:37 PM
Hey Guys,
Simple remedy for our out dated nat savs..............Stick to the old roads!!!! Lol!! OR, just go to places that have ' old ' sounding names. E.g. Hastings,or Chester. Avoid Milton Keynes though. Far too modern sounding! Happy motoring.

billynic
03-12-10, 09:01 AM
The NAV unit is the same as the Saab 9-3 so just order a new one for a SAAB and it will be the same. Ask Stratstone in Birmingham they sell Saab and Cadillac!!
can't belive the roads in the UK have changed that much in 2 years

When ur a cabby,you certainly notice these things.30%of the. Screen is just grey Lines,but I'm working on the problem..another problem I've sorted out is I've done away with costly tyre inflation system just take Bose woofers out with all the mouldings ,place a spare wheel in (upside. Down).insert Bose back in,screw down with original screw,snug as a bug

billynic
03-15-10, 07:12 AM
L.A. Mazuk,
Sounds a bit unfair if you've only just secured one.
Maybe that's why they are cheap? Maybe they all had to be registered before the new 1/3/10 plates. When I bought mine ( 22/12/09 ) I was told that the batch that I bought from had to be registered for 09. Dunno why. Mine came from Truro diesels in Cornwall. I had a very smooth and efficient experience with them. They are Saab / Volvo dealers. I think they just bought a batch as a speculative purchase. I believe they have just bought some more. They had great success selling the last lot!!
I'll be interested to see if you have a spare wheel in yours as opposed to the fart can tyre fix and mini compressor I got in mine.
Like i said in my other report,all you have to do is lift the round woofer out with all the padding, place a spare wheel in [upside down] put woofer insde wheel fasten down with original screw ,and bobs ur uncle...mines fine..[i will try and put a photo on]