: 07 Backup Camera doesn't work

Psycho_ESV
02-08-10, 12:52 PM
I purchased an '07 ESV over the weekend and the backup camera was working. I get home and now I get a black screen with an error message that states the camera needs to be serviced. Is there something I need to check for it to work again or does it really need a dealer to service it?

PreachRR
02-08-10, 01:04 PM
yea when I got my 07 the camera did not work and I had to take it to the dealer. they replaced a module and then the backup sensors did not work. then they replaced another module now all is up and running!

2007ext26
08-13-13, 05:57 PM
yea when I got my 07 the camera did not work and I had to take it to the dealer. they replaced a module and then the backup sensors did not work. then they replaced another module now all is up and running!

How much did it cost or did it fall under factory Warrenty?

wwceaton
08-13-13, 08:49 PM
The two most common problems would be, first the rear camera needs to be replaced {most likely this}and from GM it is over $400 but you can get it much cheaper on E-bay new for under $100 or the module for it witch is under the passengers seat and you can get that from a GM seller on line for under $100