: Dyno 643 tq & 625 HP Thanks Jesse!

cbloveday
02-08-10, 12:05 AM
Well this weekend I drove 165 miles to Wait4me and had the following install:

(I already had the 2.55 sc pulley with snout ported by Lingenfelter)

Heads & Springs
Mild Cam
American Racing Headers
Cattless Pipes to OEM Mufflers
8.5 Lower Pulley
Heat Exchanger
160 Tstat
Full Length CAI
Ported Throttle Body
Tune

First let me say Jesse and Hannah were by far the best modding experience I've ever had. You know what I'm talking about. :ill:

His skill and service should be commended.
I have heavily modded an SRT8 and an M6, so this was not my first rodeo.

His labor prices were the lowest I have ever experienced and his knowledge was the highest.

Thanks again Jesse & Hannah for the everything. I will be back soon for more power :)

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/wait4meinstall/dyno.jpg

Htown09
02-08-10, 12:25 AM
nice numbers! So heads/cam adds about ~45 hp? I think another member did 582 with pulley, intake, exhaust, tune.

Would love to see what it can do at the strip with that power and a good hook. Is your car 6speed or auto? :D

cbloveday
02-08-10, 12:38 AM
Auto.

I had 533 hp and 524 tq pre W4Me mods.

Q8 6.2
02-08-10, 04:55 AM
wow very nice numbers congrats the drive home must of been fun. i am amazed at how much power these motors can make with minor mods... what about your injectors are they still stock:bonkers:?? or what about your fuel pressure how is your intank pump copping with all the extra demand???

i think when your this much HP then a fuel pressure / air fuel gauges is a must.. good luck

Gary Wells
02-08-10, 05:56 AM
Impressive #'s to be sure.

cbloveday
02-08-10, 07:43 AM
Sorry, I forgot the injectors updated as well.
In response to the people running 585 with less mods, I can only say we are only 13 boost.
Jesse pointed this out to me. We could easily swap to a 9. And see where the boost level is.
We were around 12 and then ported the throttle body which gave us alot more power and another 1 PSI.

I would call Jesse with questions. I am not knowledgable enough to field tech questions.

Nutz
02-08-10, 09:37 AM
Hey Nitto, BFGoodrich, Hoosier, and Mickey Thompson, yo are you getting this?! GM has built a sensational car that can be scary fast easily, now start making us a set of direct fit drag radials already!

Congrats loveday on the experience and the result!

Got video?
Especially with headers and stock muffs.

zr1vet
02-08-10, 09:56 AM
Nice! What a blast it must be to drive, especially once the roads heat up. Thanks for sharing.

gnxs
02-08-10, 10:16 AM
Glad to hear Curtis. I told ya Jesse rocks.

cbloveday
02-08-10, 10:50 AM
Hey Nitto, BFGoodrich, Hoosier, and Mickey Thompson, yo are you getting this?! GM has built a sensational car that can be scary fast easily, now start making us a set of direct fit drag radials already!

Congrats loveday on the experience and the result!

Got video?
Especially with headers and stock muffs.I got some install photos and a dyno pull vid. Jess did some videoing too, which should be up on youtube at some point.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/wait4meinstall/th_DSC_0188.jpg (http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/wait4meinstall/?action=view&current=DSC_0188.flv)

demorgan59
02-08-10, 11:49 AM
Did you get all the mods installed in one day, including headers?

How does the cam idle?

I'm taking mine to Jess sometime in the next month and I'm concerned that it can all be done, without rushing, in one day.

cbloveday
02-08-10, 12:08 PM
Did you get all the mods installed in one day, including headers?

How does the cam idle?

I'm taking mine to Jess sometime in the next month and I'm concerned that it can all be done, without rushing, in one day.

It was close. Jesse charged me a flat rate on labor.

To be smart and strees free allow yourself time for the unexpected.

The cam is mild so you don't even notice it at idle.

demorgan59
02-08-10, 12:18 PM
I just checked out your pics - thanks for putting those up. I'm a little freaked about taking all the bodywork off and getting it reinstalled with no issues (scratches, etc.) My exhaust is going to be identical to yours. It looks like they did an awesome job of fitting the pipes to make it appear totally stock which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Did Jess port your blower in addition to the heads/cam?

cbloveday
02-08-10, 01:13 PM
I just checked out your pics - thanks for putting those up. I'm a little freaked about taking all the bodywork off and getting it reinstalled with no issues (scratches, etc.) My exhaust is going to be identical to yours. It looks like they did an awesome job of fitting the pipes to make it appear totally stock which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Did Jess port your blower in addition to the heads/cam?

He only ported my throttle body in about 15 minutes
The SC snout was ported by Lingenfelter.
Jesse said He would have ported the blower but it takes 2 days and he charges something like $600 to do it. I was worried about the paint as well but i stood there all day and they were very careful. I do my own detailing so I know every imperfection, if any, and they did not scratch the body panels in the least. One of the guys who disassembles is a body/paint guy who judges paint at car shows. Subsequently, he is very conscious of the
paint etc.

Here is the exhaust note, sorry about the poor quality. It is cold here in Chicago. Hope it helps.

Warm Start
Idles @ 700
I took it up to 6,000 rpm. Cutout is 6800.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/wait4meinstall/th_DSC_0191.jpg (http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/wait4meinstall/?action=view&current=DSC_0191.flv)

GMX322V S/C
02-08-10, 02:06 PM
NICE, CB. You should replace the wreath and crest on your front grille with a big red "S". :D

demorgan59
02-08-10, 02:53 PM
That exhaust note is a thing of beauty!

How do you like the tranny tune?

cbloveday
02-08-10, 03:18 PM
I like the tranny tune most of all!!!! Makes the car very fun!

brent eb02
02-09-10, 12:56 PM
how do you pick up 1 lb of boost and alot of power from a ported TB??

GMX322V S/C
02-09-10, 02:14 PM
Must be reducing the intake pumping losses by enough to pick up that 1 lb. Snout was already ported, so maybe TB was a bottleneck?

wait4me
02-09-10, 03:11 PM
That is true, the restriction became the throttlebody. I ported the stock one, as the car was only making 12psi, but i could see a vacume on the pressure sensor that is between the rotors and the throttlebody, it was reporting 8in Vac, porting the tb made it 1in vac, on the intake side, so it helped alot. As a result, the charger was able to get more air into the engine to make more boost.

wait4me
02-09-10, 03:11 PM
Next restriction to get past that hp level would be to get rid of the stock mufflers, They are the restriction now.

wait4me
02-09-10, 03:16 PM
Another note, The camshaft used was mild, but larger than a zr1 camshaft. It is 560 lift, 220, 232 duration on a 118ls aproximate specs. The cam allows for 2 steps of performance. It is smooth idle, full torque gains all thru the entire power rev range, and can then be made a 600+ lift cam if you dump on a set of 1.85 rocker arms. Then idle is only slightly noticeable, with even more power all thre the rpm range. It will pull to 6600 rpms no problem with the correct springs, and add substantial gains with a Completely hidden personality.

Tuan_CTSV
02-09-10, 03:20 PM
NICE! The stock mufflers and AR headers sounds great together. Not too loud and also has a deep note. I like that!

demorgan59
02-09-10, 04:19 PM
Next restriction to get past that hp level would be to get rid of the stock mufflers, They are the restriction now.
At what point does the stock automatic transmission become the restriction? Or maybe the rear tires are the drivetrain fuse.

CadV
02-09-10, 05:19 PM
how do you pick up 1 lb of boost and alot of power from a ported TB??

Sup Brent, sent ya a pm gimme a ring. Curious how your car is going.

dvandentop
02-09-10, 06:47 PM
awesome car sounds amazing makes me damn tempted to do some mods but must hold back!!!! :lol:

what is the easiest way to install headers on this beast? from the bottom i am guessing.

also what all needed to be dropped in front to get the cam out? front bumper i am guessing?

cbloveday
02-09-10, 10:54 PM
D,

You are correct on all accounts. I watched the whole process and these guys were good!

I believe they dropped the radiator and air conditioner condensor as well. They certainly knew what they were doing.

Jess has done 16 or so heads, cam, and header installs on the 09 V. If you have a moment, take a look at my photobucket pics.

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/wait4meinstall/

CVP33
02-09-10, 11:53 PM
Congrats Curtis! Great numbers on an awesome looking car. :thumbsup:

cbloveday
02-10-10, 12:55 AM
Thanks Chris

Nutz
02-10-10, 01:11 AM
Very very cool. Great pics and video.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Razorecko
02-10-10, 01:11 PM
Hey Jesse, any idea on how much hp/tq the clutch will hold on the manual trans ? And if there are any solid aftermarket replacements for it that you know of ?

Vlakaz
02-18-10, 03:27 PM
Auto.

I had 533 hp and 524 tq pre W4Me mods.

Wow congrats! great results. How drivable do you find the car with that much power on public roads, stop light to stop light?

cbloveday
02-18-10, 03:35 PM
The cam is mild and the car drives like stock, until you give it some gas.

I coast around barely having to apply much use of the gas! It breathes so well, I get instantaneous MPG of 27 @ 65mph.

GMX322V S/C
02-18-10, 03:44 PM
^^^
Yeah, Jesse has said in the past, the more he built his cars, the better mileage they got. Pretty cool.

Vlakaz
02-18-10, 04:30 PM
Gas milage sucks on the car stock! I would be thrilled with 20mpg.... I think I've average 11 or 12mpg on the car.

So it sounds like cruising around the car performs pretty stock like, but on regular roads can you actually feel an acceleration difference from stock or is it impossible to take advantage of the power from a traffic light ;)

Basically, will you be able to pull away from a new E63 from a traffic light... or do you have to wait until you are already rolling to feel the advantage :)

cbloveday
02-18-10, 04:36 PM
I am very confident that I can best an e63 in any condition as long as I do not get too excited and over gas it. From a roll............ by by AMG. Of course we are talking modded V vs stock E63 right? The AMG guys don't say stock for long either.

My average is currently 17mpg because I love to hear the car idle in the garage and I can't keep from wanting to hear the SC whine. Alhough it whines now just from normal driving. Sounds sick

Vlakaz
02-18-10, 05:28 PM
lol its amazing the smiles this car causes on owners faces.. stock or modded.

It feels like an event everytime you go to the store with the V.

I only have about 6K miles on the car so far (it is stored for the winter), I think I will wait another year to hopefully get any manufacturer kinks out of the system before modding it. I need the car to stay relativley reliable as it is my everyday car for the summer months. So when the time comes I'll take a drive over to W4M and see what they recommend to gain performance without losing too much reliability on the auto. I don't plan to track the car, so realistically I just want to get up from Zero to speed limit as quick as possible...

ya i was referring to Stock 2010 E63

blwbyuii
02-19-10, 07:10 PM
cbloveday & wait4me

Congrats on an awesome job on the car. Trying to keep up with the thread, and Jesse mentioning the only restriction in the car was the exhaust. I found a somewhat solution for the that! Obviously, it needs to be adapted and I am just thinking outside the box.

YouTube- M2W switch NPP dual mode exhaust

Its a quad C6 NPP exhaust, which I think is less restrictive than the CTS-V OEM's and you can open and close the valve flaps, just in case you want more power and exhaust sound. Thought it would be interesting.

Enjoy your ride cbloveday!
Keep up the good work wait4me!

neuronbob
02-19-10, 09:19 PM
Finally looked at this thread.

Great build. I am pleased to see the potential for this car. I just got my handheld and am hoping to have time to try it this weekend.

cbloveday
02-19-10, 11:52 PM
cbloveday & wait4me

Congrats on an awesome job on the car. Trying to keep up with the thread, and Jesse mentioning the only restriction in the car was the exhaust. I found a somewhat solution for the that! Obviously, it needs to be adapted and I am just thinking outside the box.

YouTube- M2W switch NPP dual mode exhaust (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtbLaZtbnwI&feature=related)

Its a quad C6 NPP exhaust, which I think is less restrictive than the CTS-V OEM's and you can open and close the valve flaps, just in case you want more power and exhaust sound. Thought it would be interesting.

Enjoy your ride cbloveday!
Keep up the good work wait4me!

I'm loving it. Jesse got me the 100 Ocane Race tune today. I may load it up for the next tank and take the car to my local dyno. It is a dynajet, while Jes used a mustang. I'd be interested in seeing what his race tune with 100 octane on a dynajet will do.

Finally looked at this thread.

Great build. I am pleased to see the potential for this car. I just got my handheld and am hoping to have time to try it this weekend.

Did Jes send you some tunes yet? Mine arrived without tunes. Handheld had to be married to my car. I had to take the handheld to the car and upload the stock tune then send via email the vin.sul file to him and he created the tunes and emailed them back to me. I uploaded to handheld then to car and off you go.
Very simple.