Cadillac Owners Forum banner

EBCM and SSS light 02 escalade

9K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Daz00DHS 
#1 ·
anyway to just unplug the fuse for this? if so where is it located?

or do i have to go under the truck to unplug it? (its hard cause i just had knee surgery! lol)

#3 ·
I believe that you can disable it by pulling the large 30amp fuse under the hood (drivers side). I believe it's the one listed as "Air." Disconnect the battery, pull the fuse, then leave the battery for a few minutes after to make sure you've cleared the code for the light.

I'm not an expert, but it worked on mine. Do it at your own risk, etc etc.

Good luck.

#6 ·
After being unable to get the EBCM fixed, I unplugged the main power from it at the module. Do so while the battery is also unplugged, this will get rid of the SSS light (but the airbag light will now be on). That one is easily taken care of by removing cluster.

#8 ·
Looked at the wiring diagram, fuse #2 60 amps will disable the EBCM.

I also got knee problems thanxs to many years of kneeling on concrete all year round to install remote starters. I now have a lift in my garage to help with that situation. So unplug negative side of battery, remove fuse, replug battery. Keep us posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.