: Keyless Ignition

corvette00
02-07-10, 11:05 AM
I have an STS and the wife has a CTS. I have been looking at an Escalade for for quite some time now (waiting for some better lease deals). I really like the keyless ignition in both of our present vehicles. Any ideas why Cadillac chose not to have this in the Escalade?

Merc
02-07-10, 11:48 AM
No clue, but I wish they had thought of it.

evil0ne
02-07-10, 02:03 PM
I have an STS and the wife has a CTS. I have been looking at an Escalade for for quite some time now (waiting for some better lease deals). I really like the keyless ignition in both of our present vehicles. Any ideas why Cadillac chose not to have this in the Escalade?

Because the yukon, tahoe, suburban, silverado, etc don't have it. It's not a true Cadillac, it's a rebadged Chevy. That's also why they don't have auto up windows, etc. Sucks, but it is true. It is also why these are some of the most stolen trucks out there.

Robert (GA)
02-08-10, 12:20 AM
My 09 ESV has the express up windows, driver and front passenger.

Merc
02-08-10, 11:21 AM
...It's not a true Cadillac, it's a rebadged Chevy..... Sucks, but it is true....

I think our Cadillac Escalades are a little more than just a rebadged Chevy.

LeftLane
02-08-10, 11:41 AM
I think our Cadillac Escalades are a little more than just a rebadged Chevy.

built on the same platform they are the same.plus or minus a few toys,lights,grilles, chrome package,wood grain,etc.Gm needs to get away from the platform deal and give there cars there own identity.

PreachRR
02-09-10, 11:46 AM
built on the same platform they are the same.plus or minus a few toys,lights,grilles, chrome package,wood grain,etc.Gm needs to get away from the platform deal and give there cars there own identity.

lets not forget one of the most important upgrades that 6.2L :cool2:

evil0ne
02-09-10, 10:43 PM
lets not forget one of the most important upgrades that 6.2L :cool2:

And that is no longer an exclusive either.

sj1400
02-10-10, 12:03 AM
I hope keyless ignition makes it on the 2011 - most of my pet peeves were addressed with the 09's.