: San Antonio Dyno Day???

09V
02-05-10, 10:35 PM
Everyone, my name is Matt and I live in San Antonio and would like to get a meet together. I have already looked into specifics for a Dyno Day for a Saturday in late March, the dates are not set in stone, but if there is enough interest we can push forward and get some cars out there to compare #s, mods, and just bs for a spring afternoon. I want to initially open it up to V2's and then depending on interest, go to the V1 guys. I am sure there is interest, but the schedule may not work for everyone. If interested PM me and if unable just show interest in a post and I will reply by PM to you.
\
Thanks Matt

whisler151
02-05-10, 10:52 PM
Everyone, my name is Matt and I live in San Antonio and would like to get a meet together. I have already looked into specifics for a Dyno Day for a Saturday in late March, the dates are not set in stone, but if there is enough interest we can push forward and get some cars out there to compare #s, mods, and just bs for a spring afternoon. I want to initially open it up to V2's and then depending on interest, go to the V1 guys. I am sure there is interest, but the schedule may not work for everyone. If interested PM me and if unable just show interest in a post and I will reply by PM to you.

Thanks Matt

You can come to Dallas tomorrow morning for our V meet. :thumbsup:

09V
02-06-10, 12:30 AM
I appreciate it, but no can do. Family day! Between work and school I have been busier than a one legged man in an ass kickin' contest. Thanks though.

09V
02-09-10, 04:56 PM
San Antonio area would sure make a good setting for a group pic after a day of checking out each others rides or we could just get together and scratch the dyno if that seems too over the top for a first meet! This area seems to have quite a few cars to not be able to draw a decent #.

whisler151
02-09-10, 07:47 PM
Crickets...

Should have moved to Dallas. At the drop of a hat we can accumulate a minimum of 7-10 Vs for a meet.

Just messing with you...good luck with the meet.

09V
02-12-10, 06:15 PM
You're not lying man. I was always told by my brothers that I had a face even my mother couldn't love so maybe that has something to do with it. Oh well. Just trying to see if there was some interest in this area. I would be more than willing to travel to Houston or Austin, but Dallas is a little far. I would have to be in a damn good mood to want to drive 5 hours to hang out for a day.

Silver -V-
02-12-10, 06:22 PM
5 hours is a drop in the bucket if you get to see whisler151 in his '70s era John McEnroe shorts and shirt.

09V
02-13-10, 01:45 AM
When I was growing up and my mom forced my brothers and I to wear those shorts with the goofy tank tops and the multi-colored over the calf socks I wanted to kick my own ass. That is hiliarious to bring the throwbacks out of the archives and display their timeless appeal. LMAO!

hunterkiller
02-15-10, 01:16 PM
I am defenitly interested in meeting. May I suggest Henderson performance in Gruene Tx for a dyno meet. Their are some great drives their and the location would probably intrest some Austin Vs Call me at 210 601-5313

M-1028
02-15-10, 03:09 PM
I'm in, depending on the date.

SlvrBullIT
02-15-10, 09:55 PM
4 hours to the cars and coffee in Plano from SA, went there to meet the N Texas V guys. Henderson is a good place to go but space is an issue, he doesn't have a whole lot of room. I'm in since I live up the street from him on Loop 337 in New Braunfels.

hunterkiller
02-16-10, 10:52 AM
Matt I count 7 Lets do it. A good place to meet to start might be Bachelor Cadillac. Im sure they would give us the red carpet.

09V
02-17-10, 12:05 AM
Now we have some interest. Awesome! We could start anywhere in the morning and then head to the shop. Dyno some cars and I am pretty sure I could work some grilling out and we could do lunch. The shop I looked at initially was Fuel Injection Specialties in San Antonio. They have a Mustang Dyno. I had already spoken to their owner and they can do $50 a car for 2 pulls each with a printout. They were hoping for 8 car minimum, but if we can't fill it with V's I may be able to get some Camaros or even some Challenger guys out there I would prefer to keep it Cadillac though! Let me know what you guys think about this shop and I can start locking down dates if you guys are all good with this shop or i will shop around elsewhere. By the way this shop does have the room to accomodate plenty of vehicles.

Looking forward to making this happen!

richeic77
02-17-10, 02:09 AM
I'm down depending on the date. This week starting Thruday I'll be in DFW, then Chicago and won't be back in San Antonio until next week Wednesday. I leave for Iraq again on Sunday the 28th so Saturday would be the only day on the weekend I'ld be able to make it.

SlvrBullIT
02-17-10, 08:16 AM
$50 x2 pulls with printout...DEAL!!! I'm still in for whatever, whenever except this saturday.... some asian festival in SA me and the wife are attending, but no other plans.

MajCTS-V
02-17-10, 09:59 AM
Dam, another great meet I am missing! Fuel Injection Specialities are top notch, they tuned my Charger SRT8 along with the dyno...great group of folks...have fun all!

M-1028
02-17-10, 10:28 AM
I can't do it the weekends of feb. 26th, March 13th or March 20th (Tx 2k10)

hunterkiller
02-17-10, 11:57 AM
count me in I Know the owner she has worked on my jeep srt 8 in the past and have a great shop and plenty of room. let me know the date and time. Ps it sounds like sunday the 28th of Feb will be a drive day in the hill country for v,s keep this in mind. See Texas drive thread..

09V
02-17-10, 06:03 PM
Just got with Fuel Injection and realized that the end of March is the Infamous Texas Mile so they will be busy with work. April 3rd looks like our date to give everyone ample time to plan for the gathering. By my count here is who we have as of now let me know if I am speaking out of turn. Price is confirmed at $50 for 2 pulls per vehicle and a sheet. I will coordinate some food even if I have to ask for donations at the gathering. I am going to post on the V1 forum and ask for any takers over there in about a week if we don't get any additional members to show interest. Thanks you guys hope to see you on the Texas Drive!

1. SlvrBullIt
2. hunterkiller
3. M-1028
4. 09V

SlvrBullIT
02-17-10, 11:15 PM
Apr 3rd..... Calendar booked~!

M-1028
02-17-10, 11:25 PM
I'm in for sure, Thanks!!

09V
02-18-10, 12:38 AM
Any more members looking for a spring meet? We have 4 committed right now and plenty of time to get some more on board. I would love to see 12-15 cars show. They don't all have to dyno, but we have 4 already looking to hit the rollers!

richeic77
02-18-10, 06:38 AM
I'll be a no-show. You might want to throw out a Carrot to a couple of the other forums with like cars: M3's, E63's. Might be more fun to shoot the shit and do some comparisons and dyno bragging.

hunterkiller
02-18-10, 11:54 AM
I like Richeic77 Idea Make that m5's e63's

09V
02-18-10, 08:59 PM
That is a good idea thanks for the thought! I saw a guy today that drives a black V2 driving today going to work and was able to meet up with him getting out of his car. I told him I had been stalking him because I had seen his car parked there before and initially he thought I was serious, but we may have another. The European cars and some V1s would be a great addition. I will throw the bone out this weekend and see what kind of response we can get. Thanks guys.

SlvrBullIT
02-18-10, 09:46 PM
Funny I saw a Black V2 on the way to work last night I35S, sounded awesome with exhaust work done. To bad I had to make it to work like fast, otherwise I would have stopped and chatted.

09V
02-18-10, 11:34 PM
Next time I stop and talk to someone I will choose my words more wisely. Telling someone they have been stalked is probably not a good line to open a conversation with these days huh?? Oh well, I hope he doesn't think I am a friggin' fruit loop! I think his car is stock, but I may be wrong.

GPat599
02-20-10, 02:26 PM
Funny I saw a Black V2 on the way to work last night I35S, sounded awesome with exhaust work done. To bad I had to make it to work like fast, otherwise I would have stopped and chatted.

I bet that was me. I was on 35S the evening of the 17th and I haven't ever seen another black V2 with exhaust work except mine.

GPat599
02-20-10, 02:30 PM
I'm trying to get an Austin Cars & Coffee going. Any of you guys interested? One Saturday morning a month. I have a V2 but I also have a few extoics & classics and I know there is a bunch of awesome cars around the area. I would love to get them all together.

SlvrBullIT
02-20-10, 08:14 PM
Were you in San Antonio??? I know a Doctor has a black one, Corry at Henderson said he came in to get a dyno tune and had headers, x-pipe and exhaust with no mufflers!!!! Apparently it shook the building, he has since ordered the Corsa sport exhaust to be put on. Their is a black V2 here in New Braunfels that a guy owns and we have talked to each other a few times, he apparently owns a race team and the V is his company car.... must be nice, he's asked about mods etc etc.

09V
02-21-10, 02:23 PM
I would be interested for sure. Depending on which Saturdays they happen to fall on because my boys have stuff going on that I wouldn't miss. It isn't every Saturday though! Sounds like a good opportunity to get up that way and check out Austin.

hunterkiller
02-22-10, 12:05 PM
I believe that was me you saw. I was headed to run my car out at the drag strip out on I 10 PS ran a 12.30 on the stock ps2 tires. I have a set of m/t radials on order. should help my 60 foots alot. Ps hope to see you guys next week at the hill country drive

hunterkiller
02-22-10, 12:11 PM
Were you in San Antonio??? I know a Doctor has a black one, Corry at Henderson said he came in to get a dyno tune and had headers, x-pipe and exhaust with no mufflers!!!! Apparently it shook the building, he has since ordered the Corsa sport exhaust to be put on. Their is a black V2 here in New Braunfels that a guy owns and we have talked to each other a few times, he apparently owns a race team and the V is his company car.... must be nice, he's asked about mods etc etc.

That is definetly my car, I will be picking it up today from Coreys shop, My wife hated riding in the car, to loud hence the corsa exhaust but I added a set of electronic cut outs. I love the sound of straight pipes on it.

09V
02-22-10, 09:16 PM
That thing had to sound sick with no mufflers. My wife can barely stand mine and it is hardly louder than stock with the Kooks exhaust. Women:mad2: I hope to make it out next weekend. Still trying to work on the April meet too.

SlvrBullIT
02-23-10, 12:39 AM
The wife is wanting to go on the three sisters trip, the dyno day is still a non-commital by her but commited by me. Hoping the first mod I get is the AMR headers... From what Corey has said, AMR might do a whole exhaust system, headers to tail pipe, so it should be cheaper than the piece meal system of headers, mid-pipes and axle back. I have to hear the exhaust now Hunterkiller.

hunterkiller
02-23-10, 04:59 PM
I like the exhaust even better it has a deeper sound and has no drone. The placement of the electronic cut outs must have changed the harmonics. AMR headers x pipe DMH electronic cut outs and Corsa touring Mufflers, and one ather piece of exhaust left off on purpose. SlvrBullit I will be on the three sisters trip. see you there.

09V
02-24-10, 12:59 AM
With it being Sunday will Batchelor be open? I don't think I will be able to do the whole route but I still want to meet up prior to you guys hitting the road. I have a butt load of school work for some exams next week. I am a student again and trying to balance everything.

09V
03-04-10, 07:57 PM
Any more interest for April 3rd and our Dyno Day? We have 4 V2s and possibly one V1 at this point. Looking for some more.

09V
03-05-10, 04:22 PM
We now have a V1 in on the meet. And still another a possible. We should have a good meet!

darkman
03-06-10, 11:09 PM
What time does this thing start?

09V
03-07-10, 01:39 AM
We just picked up another V1 so that makes 4 V2s and 2 V1s with several possibles. Starting to sound like a game of spades! Fuel Injection told me they would like to get the first car on the dyno around 930 or so and go from there. I need to start establishing a schedule so everyone has an idea. That way if you need to show up a little late we know in advance or if we have to front load you because you can't be the last one on the dyno that would be good to know in advance if at all possible. I will be coordinating some kind of food. To make sure we have an adequate amount just pm me with a number of total people attending in each car. This will give me an idea to plan that aspect. Donations will gladly be accepted! Unless it sucks of course...
Thanks,
09V

Gary Wells
03-07-10, 06:35 PM
If any of you guys are dynoing bone stock '09 or newer CTS-V regardless of auto or stick, regardless of what type of dyno you guys dyno on, regardless of how bad or good you do please post up charts. RWHP, RWTQ, auto or stick, '09 or '10, user name, type of dyno, & date of dyno. Bone stock only please. I am interested in charting these cars average RWHP & RWTQ, etc., etc.

GPat599
03-08-10, 01:25 AM
Any more interest for April 3rd and our Dyno Day? We have 4 V2s and possibly one V1 at this point. Looking for some more.

Count me in - 2009 V with tune and 3'' exhaust.

SlvrBullIT
03-08-10, 03:25 AM
If any of you guys are dynoing bone stock '09 or newer CTS-V regardless of auto or stick, regardless of what type of dyno you guys dyno on, regardless of how bad or good you do please post up charts. RWHP, RWTQ, auto or stick, '09 or '10, user name, type of dyno, & date of dyno. Bone stock only please. I am interested in charting these cars average RWHP & RWTQ, etc., etc.

Mine will be bone stock, I'll post my numbers, just hope it doesn't disappoint.
I need to make sure and whisper to her words of encouragement so she posts big numbers!

09V
03-13-10, 04:06 AM
We just added an 06 STS V to our list so we have 7 to be dynoed. Getting fairly close now. Just 3 weeks away!!! Any New Interest?

SlvrBullIT
03-13-10, 09:15 AM
I got a friend with a 09 370Z that would like to join us if possible.

GPat599
03-21-10, 08:57 PM
We just added an 06 STS V to our list so we have 7 to be dynoed. Getting fairly close now. Just 3 weeks away!!! Any New Interest?

What time and what is the address?

09V
03-21-10, 10:19 PM
What time and what is the address?

PM sent to provide the link. We intend to start around 930 for everyone who may be wondering the same thing. Any new interest??? Only 2 weeks away now.
09V

SlvrBullIT
03-24-10, 05:53 PM
Friend with 370z will "possibly" make it. He says he "will" come but sometimes he just flakes out

09V
03-28-10, 09:49 PM
OK here is the list of attendees:
09V- 09 CTS V
hunterkiller- 09 CTS V
M 1028-10 CTS V
SlvrBullIT- 09 CTS V
GPat599- 09 CTS V

Stinkpalm-04 CTS V
Gidish- 05 CTS V
Darkman-05 CTS V

Tinmanx-06 STS V

As of right now we still plan on starting at 930 and we should be done by 1230. We will coordinate who goes when everyone gets there. There is no food planned as of yet, but I am still working the issue. If anyone would rather wait until afterwards and grab lunch elsewhere let me know and we can scratch the food there. If I listed anyone who can no longer make it please notify me. Fuel Injection Specialties is at, 11051 Wye Drive, San Antonio, TX 78217. If for any reason I forgot something or you need additional info please pm me. Looking forward to a good event.

09V

09V
03-31-10, 10:43 PM
Almost there-- any new interest? We still have plenty of space. If all else fails show up to hang out. Hope to see everyone there.

09V

SlvrBullIT
03-31-10, 10:57 PM
I'm still going

M-1028
03-31-10, 11:33 PM
I'm still in, couple friends are riding with me. We will get a bite to eat on the way home, so no lunch for us.

09V
04-02-10, 04:31 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

09V

SlvrBullIT
04-03-10, 12:20 AM
W0rd

09V
04-03-10, 12:31 AM
Do you know if your friend is going to make it or are you still up in the air?

Gary Wells
04-03-10, 07:32 AM
Good luck, have fun, & please post up the results of all bone stock CTS-V,s.

SlvrBullIT
04-03-10, 09:49 PM
Bone Stock CTS-v
Max power 413.4hp @ 6028 RPM / 125.1 mph
413.2 weather corrected
Max torque 397.9 @ 3725 / 74.5 mph
397.8 weather corrected

09V's V is a monster!!!!!

mine was only totally stock gen 2, 10 V out of Sealy had corsa axelback

The dyno was a Mustang Dyno

M-1028
04-03-10, 10:10 PM
My car is stock other than Corsa Sports
401 hp
393 tq

I was disapointed at first, but I drove 2 hrs to get there and was the second on the dyno. So it was heat soaked bad.

The last V that ran was big pimpin, I officially want a cam, BAAD!!!

Had fun guys and nice meeting you, I hope we can do it again in the future. I'm working on vids now.

09V
04-03-10, 11:06 PM
M 1028 shouldnt be disappointed, I wish we could have worked you in at the end to get a better result. I wasnt even thinking about the drives to get there.

I had a good time and real glad we had a chance to meet up. Next time someone else gets to pick the event.

M-1028
04-03-10, 11:37 PM
M 1028 shouldnt be disappointed, I wish we could have worked you in at the end to get a better result. I wasnt even thinking about the drives to get there.

I had a good time and real glad we had a chance to meet up. Next time someone else gets to pick the event.

No worries man, I had to leave. Besides, I have been around alot of dynos and have seen really fast cars put down crapy numbers and slow cars put a whoopin on the rollers.

I had a blast and hope we can all meet up again.

Your car is a beast, I'm jealous. Oh yea, I REALLY REALLY want a cam now.

M-1028
04-04-10, 11:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddhB79GIEzg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddhB79GIEzg

stinkpalm
04-04-10, 12:59 PM
Nice job on the vid, thanks man! It was great meeting all ya'll and a good time...except I have some serious V2 envy now! :worship:

09V
04-04-10, 07:31 PM
I was hoping to keep my plate out of the video. I won't be able to surprise anyone now.

Do you think I will be able to pass it for really wild mufflers???