: Finally another exhaust..

Cub Cadet
02-05-10, 10:28 AM
Stainless Works would like to start building a full exhaust for our cars. They are interested in making a complete system (headers back), high flow converters, or just regular cat back. I am going to provide them with a car to create this but would love to know if there are any other people interested in it. Take a look at their site:
http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/index.php

I have had their exhaust on my Trailblazer SS that I had and it was phenomenal. High quality and great sound. Go to youtube and search Stainless Works... you will hear the sound and see power increases. Also, if you want to hear what it might sound like on our cars, just search for the new Camaro since it also has the 6.2L. If there is more interest than just me, we can do it.

1-2-N-V
02-05-10, 11:20 AM
Not really likin' the sound of those. I did like those MAC performance mufflers someone put on recently and they were cheap.

Cub Cadet
02-05-10, 11:28 AM
Make sure that you take a look at youtube and see all of the videos that show their exhaust. They have different types of mufflers... either a straight through (LMF style) or they have a chambered muffler (non-LMF). The cat back itself would be a nice addition to this car. I absolutely loved it on my Trailblazer SS (6.0L engine) and it had ZERO DRONE. I was absolutely amazed with it and its quality. The only thing they needed to improve on was the actual directions of how to install... I had to figure it out for myself. This one will not be that way - I will make sure of that.
Would there be any interest in a group buy? I was going to have them do the R&D on my car and then it would be available for people to buy.

Razorecko
02-05-10, 11:47 AM
I do if they can make it deep and queit and local driving and a beast at wot

dqw1
02-05-10, 11:48 AM
I'd like a full catback for the right price. No way I'm paying what Corsa charges for just mufflers. Glad to see someone trying to step up. I can't see the V getting a whole lot of aftermarket support for a while, if ever.
Oh yeah, it needs a deep sound

Cub Cadet
02-05-10, 11:51 AM
It does sound as you stated. If you have time, listen to the youtube video's of Trailblazer SS's with it on. Make sure it is just the cat back and not headers / high flow cats / no cats. I LOVED how mine sounded and miss that aspect of what I had before. I am sure that pricing will be decent. My entire stainless cat back for the Trailblazer was less than $500 through Maryland Speed. This exhaust will definitely be cheaper than a Corsa in the end and NOT sound like a boat.

richeic77
02-05-10, 12:32 PM
I've always liked their proucts. Very well made. Fitment was pretty good on the F-bodies and Vette's. I'd be down for a catback exhaust. Car is just a tad quiet to me at times. And there's no way I'm paying for Corsa mufflers. Plus they sounded like ass on my Camaro and others. SW sounds good.

thebigjimsho
02-05-10, 01:27 PM
SW did a full exhaust for the V1, too, you goobers...

dqw1
02-05-10, 02:36 PM
I don't think anyone's debating what they did for the V1. The idea that SW may be planning a full cat-back again is good news all-around.:)

thebigjimsho
02-05-10, 04:41 PM
It just sounds like many here didn't realize they do work for Cadillacs...

Q8 6.2
02-05-10, 05:28 PM
wake me up when Borla or magnaflow catbacks come out. :drool:

thebigjimsho
02-05-10, 05:59 PM
Maybe you can afford overpriced Borla but I don't care if it farts panties, I'll look elsewhere...

Razorecko
02-05-10, 09:44 PM

borla makes some badass sounding exhausts....problem is those fawkers p'd me off. They don't reply to my cts-v messages and now they have a bunch of new stuff for like '10 camaro's and such.

Q8 6.2
02-06-10, 06:45 AM
aaahhhh yes rich deep mellow big block sound of borla just toooooooo sexy.

i WANT IT :want: .

aceofblitz
02-06-10, 09:07 AM
I prefer the magnaflow myself, but did you hear the CTS-V with headers + corsa? It was way too damn loud. louder than race-spec vipers and corvettes on the track. it attracted A LOT of attention. I'm happy with my kooks + stock mufflers combo; not too obscene.

Prof
02-06-10, 09:15 AM
I long for the deep throbbing sound of an All American V8 muscle car...I don't have it in my Viper V10 (and no V10 sounds good!)...and I was close with a special exhaust system on my 850R Wagon...so now the CTS V is my platform to achieve the sound...so far I have not found it...but it will be manufactured I am certain...maybe SW will do it...but most aftermarket sounds are still too shrill and European sounding...not that that is bad, just not to my particular tastes especially for my beloved modern American Muscle/Luxury/Sports Sedan.

Q8 6.2
02-06-10, 09:36 AM
I prefer the magnaflow myself, but did you hear the CTS-V with headers + corsa? It was way too damn loud. louder than race-spec vipers and corvettes on the track. it attracted A LOT of attention. I'm happy with my kooks + stock mufflers combo; not too obscene.

to be honest i dont know how Corsa is still in business it sounds like $heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet i can make that same empty metal sound if a made a small hole in my stock mufflers.

i love Magnaflow i still have my old catback from my old srt i am getting nightmares of chopping the mufflers from that system and just welding them to the V.. i am desperate this V is so quiet

Gary Wells
02-06-10, 11:42 AM
It's a Cadillac.

dqw1
02-06-10, 12:25 PM
It's a V8.

Gary Wells
02-06-10, 12:42 PM
So far, the best sounding exhaust with headers has been Kooks headers, X-tube, axle-back coupled to the Macs that are on the sound-clip a couple of weeks ago. Next like-able to me is Urial's set-up composed of Kooks & factory muffs. Probably wouldn't sound any different with SW's or AR's headers.

thebigjimsho
02-06-10, 01:38 PM
Maybe B&B is working on something...

Jpjr
02-06-10, 02:19 PM
borla makes some badass sounding exhausts....problem is those fawkers p'd me off. They don't reply to my cts-v messages and now they have a bunch of new stuff for like '10 camaro's and such.

They need a test car in the LA area for about two weeks. They asked me for mine but I live in SF and simply couldn't give her up for that amount of time. If someone is willing to step up they will build it, but otherwise they aren't going to go out of their way due to the low volume sales of the V. Camaros and Mustangs are obviously bread and butter products for them = no brainers.

GMX322V S/C
02-06-10, 02:58 PM
to be honest i dont know how Corsa is still in business it sounds like i can make that same empty metal sound if a made a small hole in my stock mufflers.

i love Magnaflow i still have my old catback from my old srt i am getting nightmares of chopping the mufflers from that system and just welding them to the V.. i am desperate this V is so quietQuality of sound is subjective--to each their own, but performance and durability are real, quantifiable characteristics. I compared Corsa to Magnaflow, Borla, Flowmaster, Walker, Bassani, and Maremont. None combined the build quality (lifetime warranty) and straight-through design (for flow performance) of the Corsas. All of the others were either reverse-flow or perforated tube with packing or a combination of both. Reverse-flow is more restrictive and packing wears out, cheaper materials rust out...

OldRoadDawg
02-06-10, 06:31 PM
Maybe B&B is working on something...
I've been told they already have something. Supposed to be a cat-back system similar to what they offered on the 1st gen Vs, 3" with X-pipe. I was quoted a price of $1205 shipped to my door by a vendor on this forum.

Nothing shown at their web site. They'll build on request.

After I get the 20" of snow out my driveway and the temps warm up, I'll start thinking about exhaust mods.

Q8 6.2
02-06-10, 06:54 PM
Quality of sound is subjective--to each their own, but performance and durability are real, quantifiable characteristics. I compared Corsa to Magnaflow, Borla, Flowmaster, Walker, Bassani, and Maremont. None combined the build quality (lifetime warranty) and straight-through design (for flow performance) of the Corsas. All of the others were either reverse-flow or perforated tube with packing or a combination of both. Reverse-flow is more restrictive and packing wears out, cheaper materials rust out...

well if you dyno each exhaust you would see they all about the same.. straight through dose not mean better design cos its just straight thru. :hmm:

also dont forget back pressure to increase your low end torque.

thebigjimsho
02-06-10, 09:57 PM
I've been told they already have something. Supposed to be a cat-back system similar to what they offered on the 1st gen Vs, 3" with X-pipe. I was quoted a price of $1205 shipped to my door by a vendor on this forum.

Nothing shown at their web site. They'll build on request.

After I get the 20" of snow out my driveway and the temps warm up, I'll start thinking about exhaust mods.
Nice! I wonder if they'll do a resonator catback as well? They must on such a swanky car. I'll make a decision after Behe gets my headers installed in the spring...

SlvrBullIT
02-06-10, 10:08 PM
I've been told by my local shop as I was getting a quote on AR headers that AR is preparing a full end to end exhaust system for the V, Headers, Mid & x-pipe, mufflers.......