: Any ipod adapters that works w/ nav screen

jwall09
02-04-10, 11:28 PM
I have searched and havent found any. You?

Bee iLL
02-05-10, 11:32 AM
You may want to give Coastal Electronic Technologies, Inc. a call. They have an IPOD adapter that allows control through the screen but it does not list the STS.

http://www.coastaletech.com/CADILLAC_APPLICATIONS.htm

cad08stsv
02-05-10, 08:38 PM
jwall09
PM sent check your mail box

jwall09
02-05-10, 11:38 PM
jwall09
PM sent check your mail box

No PM yet. =(

cad08stsv
02-06-10, 01:16 PM
Take another look. Last one showed it went through
Russell :)

Cataract
02-08-10, 12:12 PM
So what works for this?

CQQL_STS-V
02-12-10, 05:29 PM
So what works for this?

I think it's a secret.:D

The link in post #2 works and I did find the unit for the STS listed although it didn't say STS-V.
It does say you need the mute button on the steering wheel which our STS-V's have so it should work.

Cataract
02-12-10, 06:40 PM
I think it's a secret.:D

The link in post #2 works and I did find the unit for the STS listed although it didn't say STS-V.
It does say you need the mute button on the steering wheel which our STS-V's have so it should work.

Haha yea it does look like a secret! I want in!

I guess I could give Costaletech a ring.. :p

CQQL_STS-V
02-16-10, 12:10 PM
I bought the inexpensive cable from Radio Shack.
It has the red and white RCA jacks to the mini plug for the IPod.
It works great for audio.

I did see the Apple IPod cable at WalMart the other day but it is like $50.00.
It has the flat IPod connector with both audio and video RCA plugs on it.
There is no power connection on it so the IPod will not charge.
I don't know if anything will display on the nav screen when you are driving.

I had a local shop install an IPod adapter in my GMC Crew Cab pickup.
It works directly through the antenna. It is not one of those FM adapter modules. They don't work worth a crap.
It actually cuts the signal from the antenna when the IPOd is connected.
It charges the IPod also.
I had to go this route on the GMC because the AUX button on the radio is used for the rear DVD system.

rglenn828
02-16-10, 11:34 PM
I bought an Apple IPOD cable from Radio Shack with the Flat IPOD adapter, RCA jacks and USB. I connect to the car through the 3 RCA jacks in the storage area between the front seats. The car will play video on the NAV display while the car is in park and Audio while driving. The sounds is nice. It cost around $50 and included a plug you can use to charge the IPOD using the USB cable. I assume I can use the cable on my home TV but have not tried it yet. Not sure if you can charge the IPOD through the USB and play through the RCA inputs at the same time.

Regards,

Bob

bobs-sts-v
02-17-10, 09:58 AM
Apple used to sell a cable that attaches to the dock side WITH a car power jack and the 3 RCA plugs so that you can charge your iPod while listening. I use it on long trips. Had mine for 3 years now, so not sure if they are still selling it.

Bob