Cadillac Owners Forum banner

air ride problem

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  sk7 
#1 ·
I have an 04 EXT and yesterday afternoon the rear air suspension decided to lift way up in the air. Probably 6" over normal height. Any ideas on what the problem may be, any easy solution?

#3 ·
This is the second time I see a thread about this issue, weird problem... The compressor will shut off after a set pressure output, level is proper according to the level indicators, or the preset runtime has expired. The latter will trigger the SRC light. Is it on? How long does the compressor runs to have the back end so high? Give us more details we can help you out.

#4 ·
this is the second time i see a thread about this issue, weird problem... The compressor will shut off after a set pressure output, level is proper according to the level indicators, or the preset runtime has expired. The latter will trigger the src light. Is it on? How long does the compressor runs to have the back end so high? Give us more details we can help you out.
where are the level indicators located?

#6 ·
So the truck was this way for about 3 days then went back to normal. It is now doing it again. No light on dash just ass way up in the air. The compressor runs for a bit then stops then starts again within 30 seconds or so. Could this be a pressure sensor problem?

#7 ·
I'm still not sure exactly which sensor has priority over compressor run time. I would try the easy test first, undo the level sensors on each side and secure them in the "ass up in the air position." See if this prevents the compressor from running. You can check the output of the sensors at the SCM (0-5 volts) make sure they match. Maybe one of them has a dead spot? The pressure sensor in my case has a very narrow margin of operation, from 0.8volts at zero pressure to 1.1 volts fully inflated (manually). But it works good. Lmk if you need any more info from the service manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.