Cadillac Owners Forum banner

02 Escalade-New to Forum

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  nathanjax 
#1 ·
I got an 02 that I would like to learn more about..any common issues that anyone might have with there trucks...things to look out for..1st Caddy..ive searched for some info already on rough idle which is what im going through right now...so far the most common fix is to clean the TB... im not sure if its from the same thing but the truck turns off sometimes while coming to a brake or making a turn....I also have the service ride control light on......

truck has no modifications...stock with some 22's.....havent even calibrated the speedometer yet...

im part of NLOC for my Ford Lightning so I was hoping id get the same kinda help here with my Escalade...

#4 ·
i got new plugs, wires, fuel and air filter already.....getting ready to do the throttle body clean...

truck has 140k miles and pulls daily driver duties....about 60 miles mainly on the highway....during the weekend truck gets parked...trying to get my ligtning on the road now that gas went down...

#6 ·
Yea once the TB gets dirty they will idle ruff. I had the same issue with my 02. I have 132k. I didnt have the service air ride light on, but my air compressor wasnt turning on. After tons and tons of research, i just put all new air shocks and air compressor. Good as new now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.