: SunRoof Re-alignment

Zhariak
02-04-10, 11:04 AM
Hey guys,

Just looking for some input...

A while ago, my sunroof was making banging and snapping noises when closing/opening... Took it in for an alignment...

Anyways,

First time in, they re-align it, however the sunroof now sinks into the car, and there was a SHITLOAD of water coming in through the back line of the sunroof... Went to open it to see if it would open, and something snapped, and the rubber side ventalator thingies snapped off and smudged grease all over my roof.

Anyways, the part was pooched, brought it back, they ordered the part.

Second time in, they put the peice back on. And re-align the sunroof. I go to pick it up, the sunroof is sunkin further into the vehicle and you can see a couple millimeter gap between the back of the sunroof, and the roof of the car. I don't even drive it, just leave it at the dealership.

Picked it up a 3rd time, looks WAY better, I'm not longer getting the water inside, or the "mist" that was hitting my neck after the first time picking it up. The sunroof looks like it's not sitting as well as it was from the factory, but meh, it works now, and im not getting wet...

HOWEVER...

I noticed that the drop plate (the plastic thing that sits under the back line of the sunroof) is collecting quite a bit of water when it rains, or when I was the vehicle... This is with the sunroof closed. I guess it's dripping through the sunroof and collecting on that peice.

Is this normal, or should NO water be coming in.

during the whole thing, someone at the dealership mentioned that a little bit of water coming in is normal, and that's what the drip collector is for. However I stick my fingures up there and they get wet to the point where when i bring my hand back down I have water dripping from my fingures...

The dealership is great, and I know this is just a stupid little issue (I actually loved the dealerships service department). I don't blame anyone there. But I'm thinking about taking it to another dealership just to see if the the dude that works at the other dealership is any better at alligning the sunroofs...

Zhariak
02-06-10, 11:57 AM
Anyone have any advice?

Big Windy Ext
02-07-10, 09:26 AM
All the sunroofs I have ever had never leaked or held water . There is an area that has a drain , but yours may be plugged or reassembled improperly . Take it somewhere else if you don't feel its right . , Gut feelings are usually right.

Zhariak
02-08-10, 12:43 PM
All the sunroofs I have ever had never leaked or held water . There is an area that has a drain , but yours may be plugged or reassembled improperly . Take it somewhere else if you don't feel its right . , Gut feelings are usually right.

Thanks for the advice...

I wish I never had to get it alligned in the first place, but unfortunately it started making banging sounds when opening/closing...

I've gotta get an oil change sometime in the next few months... Going to take it in to a different dealership. There's only two in my city, and unfortunately the other dealership I plan on taking it to, crashed my vehicle the last time I took it there for an oil change, lol.

Zhariak
04-28-10, 12:07 PM
So after 3 total alignments I finally gave up.

Washed the car after the 3rd alignment and couldn't feel any water inside of the "collector" thats underneath the sunroof towards the back...

Anyways, today we are getting rain here. I was driving out and about for 15 minutes, then decided randomly to check...

Turns out that "collector" was filed 25% with water.

Can someone confirm if this is normal? Before all these issues I drove for 2 years without any water coming in whatsoever, it was actually gross how much dust was in the collector...

Now I just notice water (and lately after car washes it's been collecting water also).

Zhariak
04-29-10, 04:11 PM
Bump?