: STS Production Ramping Up

b4z
08-13-04, 07:58 PM
The biggest production week so far.
384 vehicles this week.
Cadillac is reporting that 745 have been produced so far but we know that
there several hundred preproduction vehicles built, then the
production numbers were zeroed out several weeks ago and started from scratch.
CTS had it's biggest production week evfer with 1879 vehicles produced so
it doesn't look like the STS is slowing things down.
SRX production has been slow for the last several weeks.

68CoupeDeVille
08-15-04, 11:00 AM
Where do you get the weekly production numbers? I'd love to monitor all that.

megeebee
08-16-04, 12:55 PM
If I'm not mistaken, CTS production is a bit higher than Deville. I wonder, in their wildest dreams, if Cadillac executives ever thought the CTS would be as successful as it has been.
I'm glad to see that STS's are rolling off the line in number now. I can't wait to see one.

rayainsw
08-16-04, 01:30 PM
Where do you get the weekly production numbers? I'd love to monitor all that.

http://www.autonews.com/files/prod.pdf

Update each week . . .
- Ray

miscreant
08-16-04, 07:21 PM
Our First 2 STSs will arrive the end of this week... :D

rayainsw
08-17-04, 10:28 AM

Are these 'demo' units?

Equipped how?

- Ray
Not even close to Oklahoma, but . . .

miscreant
08-17-04, 11:22 AM
Are these 'demo' units?

Equipped how?

- Ray
Not even close to Oklahoma, but . . .
Platinum on gray 1SB V6 and Black on Light Neutral 1SE V8. They are our two Demos.

rayainsw
08-17-04, 04:34 PM
Platinum on gray 1SB V6 and Black on Light Neutral 1SE V8. They are our two Demos.

Interesting - thanks.

http://www.arifleet.com/production.html

Indicates something I had not seen:

"Sunroof is only orderable with 1SC, 1SF and 1SG Pkgs. until further notice "

- Ray
Wondering when local (or any) dealers will actually have something close to what I'd buy . . .

msheri01
08-17-04, 09:39 PM
Has DBC confirmed they were shipped? Around here, we are being told they are still on batch and hold inspection. We have a couple that were due the 13th and still not shipped yet, with a total of five built, and more scheduled this week. Just curious about the event status on yours.

JLaws
08-18-04, 01:42 PM

Be sure to take alot of digital snapshots and post them. If you don't have a digital camera, we will all chip in and get you one :rolleyes:

STSgirl
08-24-04, 11:00 AM
Does anyone here have any "inside information" on the AWD V8's?
GM is not acknowledging the orders for these yet. :banghead:

I WANT MY STS! :bouncy:

STSgirl
08-28-04, 11:12 AM
Does anyone here have any "inside information" on the AWD V8's?
GM is not acknowledging the orders for these yet. :banghead:

I WANT MY STS! :bouncy:

My order was finally accepted Friday (8/27) :banana: I ordered Black Raven with Champaign interior; AWD V8 with all the "poop."
Unfortunatey, the estimated delivery date was N/A :rolleyes2

I WANT MY STS! :coolgleam

miscreant
08-28-04, 02:54 PM
My order was finally accepted Friday (8/27) :banana: I ordered Black Raven with Champaign interior; AWD V8 with all the "poop."
Unfortunatey, the estimated delivery date was N/A :rolleyes2

I WANT MY STS! :coolgleam
?????????
Have you CONFIRMED this? The only reason I ask is that the 1SG is still "Not Available Nationally" - will open around Beginning October, and the AWD system has been reported not available yet, which is why all the 1SG AWD demo models that dealerships put in back when the demo ordering was opened have been delayed until late October at the least. Also, orders are not accepted on Fridays, they are accepted on Tuesdays only (batch processed on Monday).

I'm not trying to throw water on your fire, just want to make sure you're being told exactly what is true.
Do you have an order number?

STSgirl
08-28-04, 05:07 PM
?????????
Have you CONFIRMED this? The only reason I ask is that the 1SG is still "Not Available Nationally" - will open around Beginning October, and the AWD system has been reported not available yet, which is why all the 1SG AWD demo models that dealerships put in back when the demo ordering was opened have been delayed until late October at the least. Also, orders are not accepted on Fridays, they are accepted on Tuesdays only (batch processed on Monday).

I'm not trying to throw water on your fire, just want to make sure you're being told exactly what is true.
Do you have an order number?

:hmm: Hmmm...this is the info I got from my local dealership, and it came from the owner (not just a salesman). He said that he had not been able to submit an order for the AWD's until now as they're on constraint. But he told me Friday (when I was in for an oil change on hubby's '03 Escalade) that he would try to enter the order again. After a short time, he returned and said that my order WAS accepted, but the AWD's were still on hold.
I was under the impression that I some made progress since before Friday, GM wouldn't even acknowledge the order. He didn't give me an order number--should I request it from him? If I get it, is there anyway I can track it's progress?
Or is this guy kinda pulling my leg?? :hmm:

I've been waiting for this car as soon as I heard about it, last December. I am climbing the walls waiting for it...I even sold me '95 STS about 3 months ago.

jsf
08-29-04, 10:05 PM
I also want my STS :banghead: I have an order for a black on black 1SG AWD but Cadillac tells me the order has been received but it has not been scheduled for production yet.

miscreant
08-29-04, 10:26 PM
:hmm: Hmmm...this is the info I got from my local dealership, and it came from the owner (not just a salesman). He said that he had not been able to submit an order for the AWD's until now as they're on constraint. But he told me Friday (when I was in for an oil change on hubby's '03 Escalade) that he would try to enter the order again. After a short time, he returned and said that my order WAS accepted, but the AWD's were still on hold.
I was under the impression that I some made progress since before Friday, GM wouldn't even acknowledge the order. He didn't give me an order number--should I request it from him? If I get it, is there anyway I can track it's progress?
Or is this guy kinda pulling my leg?? :hmm:

I've been waiting for this car as soon as I heard about it, last December. I am climbing the walls waiting for it...I even sold me '95 STS about 3 months ago.

Well, two things could have happened:

1) They did submit the preliminary order, and it did not fail with "messages", but that still does not mean the order is "accepted" by GM. It just means that the order system is allowing the dealership to spec out future AWD orders for when the system starts accepting them. Much like our 6 speed 3.6L CTS's - we have several that were "accepted" by the order system, but they've been "accepted" for 4 months now :bonkers: . I do know that 1SG is still on complete constraint for "greater than 4 weeks" with estimated order acceptance early October. This is just 1SG, not AWD.

2) They had a 1SG AWD as a demo order, and now that the demo allowance has been canceled, they are willing to sell it to you instead of putting it into demo service :bighead: .

bigdaddycoats
08-30-04, 02:21 PM
The local dealer had a STS with no optons that stickered for $40995. I thought these were not going to be available at the start of production? From the outside it looked very nice. It looks like it was gone as of this morning. That would mean that this dealer has sold all three that they got since last Wed. or so.

msheri01
08-30-04, 06:31 PM
The base model 1SA package was available early, just not as a dealer demo. The cars are going through a batch inspection process, so the cars being released vary in equipment. There was some production shuffle due to interior shortages.

STSgirl
08-31-04, 12:39 AM
I knew the Tuscany leather was one hold up--is that all as for interior shortages?
I don't really want a demo and will continue to WAIT some more to get a reg. production AWD, V8. So I guess I'll be waiting a LONG time...like maybe 'til FRICKIN' December?!?!
But that's okay *wink-wink* -- I'm cool!

nbfc
08-31-04, 08:02 AM
My dealer called me to let me know that the lease on my Cadillac was part of the new pull ahead. I want to order the new STS with the luxury premium package w/ the cruise control and hud. he said they arent making them for quite some time and if i wanted a new STS i can have a v6 he has coming in this week. Does anybody know if i was to order the car the way i want it how long would it take for me to get it. Thank you for you help.

msheri01
08-31-04, 01:35 PM
I knew the Tuscany leather was one hold up--is that all as for interior shortages?
I don't really want a demo and will continue to WAIT some more to get a reg. production AWD, V8. So I guess I'll be waiting a LONG time...like maybe 'til FRICKIN' December?!?!
But that's okay *wink-wink* -- I'm cool!

The sunroofs are in short supply, that is why the higher content packages are on constrained order. The Tuscany is the other issue. As far as the dealer demo issue, these cars were to be 24 hour test drive demos, but the program was cancelled, so the cars will be dealer inventory, not a GM mandated dem. The cars can be sold, and as long as the dealer does not put it in demo service, it will not be a demo. We have a 1SF built with the adaptive cruise and HUD. Have not been invoiced, but the car has been built, so they are out there. The car is platinum, since the white diamond is still on constraint. They are out there, just not a huge number. Like the V-series, the concentration seems to be in the North Central Region at this point.