: malfunction of throttle injection system

pdiddymobile
02-04-10, 08:25 AM
hi everyone
just picked up my new to me (pre-owned) esv last tuesday. since then, the engine light has been coming on and off. onstar is telling me that it is a malfunction in the throttle injection. originally thought it was due to getting a car wash, and the carpet under the gas pedal being manipulated, but i took it to cadillac and by that time, the light had gone off and they sent me on my merry way.
it's come on again twice since then. usually after a bunch of errands, so the car is "warm started". also, could this have something to do with that wiper recall? it does seem to somehow be correlating to when i use my wipers to clean off the winter muck.
i've got six kids in this truck and the dealership is great, but once the light goes off, they say it's a guessing game as to what's wrong. they are an hour away, and it's like the kids and the doctor. once i get there, the symptoms disappear.
any advice greatly appreciated.

snubdeville
02-05-10, 06:02 PM
Do you have access to a serial port scanner, Predator, superchips, etc..? If so, next time the light comes on, stop and plug in to the port under the dash. Perhaps this can help you. I had the same problem with a Chevy diesel recently, light came on and I pulled of the road with the light staying on.

buckeyefan007
02-05-10, 07:50 PM
I was always under the impression that these trucks stored any codes that come up for a certain amount of time.

SouthernCaddy
02-09-10, 06:28 PM
They do, if it lights the service engine light there is a code stored. They need to check the codes....simple!!