: STS Commercials

Slick V
08-13-04, 06:29 PM
I was watching some tv earlier and saw two STS commercials. Anyone else seen any yet?

Brett
08-13-04, 06:37 PM
i saw one with it breaking thru glass....pretty cool

Slick V
08-13-04, 06:43 PM
Yea, i saw two of those each with something different on the glass.

gothicaleigh
08-13-04, 06:43 PM
No comercials, but the magazine ads are very attractive.

My favorite thus far is the one that shows a simple front shot of the new STS on a black background with the Webster's definition of Cadillac:

Cadillac\'kad e l,ak\ n, usu cap [fr. Cadillac, a trademark]:
Something that is the most outstanding or prestigious of it's kind

If we still had signatures, that would be mine. :)

gothicaleigh
08-13-04, 06:51 PM
Others following the same design and layout include:

A great side view next to
Silence The Stereotypes
...which is followed by the STS' impressive performance specs.

There's another one with a front shot that reads
"SHARP ELBOWS FOR A CROWDED ROOM"
I assume they refer to the overcrowded mid-size luxury class. :)

c5 rv
08-13-04, 08:34 PM
GM is supposed to be rolling out a lot of new commercials during the Olympics.

Caddy Man
08-14-04, 12:28 PM
one of the commericals i saw it says ''American can't build a world class sedan'' (something like that, i dont kno if its word for word that exactly) then all of a sudden the STS breaks through the glass that has that written on it. and they start playin the Led Zepplin song. pretty tite

capn
08-14-04, 04:23 PM
yeah i jsut saw one where it broke through the glass and it said that all wheel drive is only good for snow.... whats its trying to say the STS will be AWD?!?!?

CaddyFan2004
08-14-04, 05:23 PM
yeah i jsut saw one where it broke through the glass and it said that all wheel drive is only good for snow.... whats its trying to say the STS will be AWD?!?!?

No, the commercial says "who said all wheel drive is only good for snow..."
:)

diamond in the back
08-14-04, 05:40 PM
I saw the STS commercial(front end breaking glass) twice in less then 1 minute last night during the olympic ceremonies. that front end did look sweet and kinda mean.

capn
08-14-04, 09:50 PM
No, the commercial says "who said all wheel drive is only good for snow..."
:)

...so does that mean the STS is AWD?

Slick V
08-14-04, 09:54 PM
You can get it in AWD with the Northstar engine.

STS 310
08-14-04, 10:57 PM
I havent seen a damn thing!!!

capn
08-15-04, 12:43 AM
You can get it in AWD with the Northstar engine.

:jawdrop: :woohoo:

M STaR 013
08-15-04, 12:51 AM
the one i saw had the glass say "luxury and performance don't mix" or something like that. then the STS breaks through the glass. pretty bad anus! it's gonna be a sweet ride...

gothicaleigh
08-15-04, 07:20 PM
Just a thought, but they could put something different on the glass each time. They probably don't, but it would be cool. Definately a way to get people to watch your commercial each time...

So how many different versions have we seen now? 3?

Slick V
08-15-04, 11:35 PM
Just a thought, but they could put something different on the glass each time. They probably don't, but it would be cool. Definately a way to get people to watch your commercial each time...

So how many different versions have we seen now? 3?

They have maybe 4 different things on the glass that I have seen so far. Probably seen about 15 of the comercials today while watching the PGA.

majax
09-04-04, 06:29 PM
In my popular science magazine there was a add for it and said "sharp elbows for a crowded room" then you opend the pages up and inside was a 4 page wide timeline of automotive inovations and waht not over the past 100 years. Of course a lot of the things on there were cadillac technologies. they had the Magnetic suspension on it. For some reason thought the northstar wasnt there when they talked about high output good milage engines it showed a bmw from '96 :rolleyes2.

Slick V
09-17-04, 08:04 PM
Any of you guys see the new STS commercial? The one with about 4 black benz 300's and 4 black bmw 500's danceing in this big ball room. A really upper class fancy kind of dance, then the double doors open up and this silver STS is in the door way, then jets out and starts doing fishtales to the new caddie theme song. Pretty cool stuff

gothicaleigh
09-17-04, 08:26 PM
Any of you guys see the new STS commercial? The one with about 4 black benz 300's and 4 black bmw 500's danceing in this big ball room. A really upper class fancy kind of dance, then the double doors open up and this silver STS is in the door way, then jets out and starts doing fishtales to the new caddie theme song. Pretty cool stuff

Just saw it tonight.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

majax
09-17-04, 08:35 PM
I saw it on GMdrivetime it was cool! Best STS commercial yet and i love the music! :thumbsup: :D :D

siread
09-18-04, 07:12 PM
anyone now what that led zepplin song is called on the STS commercial?

thanks

majax
09-18-04, 07:19 PM
Led Zeplin, Rock n' Roll

Chuck C
09-18-04, 11:54 PM
ya, that ball room STS commercial was PIMP!!

ktills45
09-19-04, 05:07 PM
Let's Dance!! :histeric: :histeric:

1caddy96
09-19-04, 07:52 PM
yeah i just saw the first one tonight watching the patriots game on CBS, that was an awesome comercial, i want to see more!!!! :bouncy:

siread
09-19-04, 09:57 PM
thanks 'Majax'

CADDYDEN
09-21-04, 09:54 AM
Good marketing for the new STS. I also viewed it on television. :thumbsup:

Shantanu
10-02-04, 06:54 PM
Where can I see these commercials? Are they online?

golfkt
10-02-04, 07:35 PM
I saw one today on the Golf Channel. Today during the American Express Championship-ABC Network.

gothicaleigh
10-03-04, 12:43 PM
Where can I see these commercials? Are they online?

Go here:
http://gm.feedroom.com

Enter the site and look through the DriveTime archives. It's in there (for some reason it isn't loading for me right now, so I can't get you an exact link).

DMC-12
10-04-04, 03:52 PM
I saw a new one last night on the Travel Channel...

First they showed a CTS... then lightning struck the pavement and the VO went... "Lighting strikes twice..... the all new Cadillac STS....." and they showed the STS.

Pretty neat! :thumbsup: