: Got the V!

Cataract
02-03-10, 04:43 PM
Purchased it this afternoon!
During the test drives I was a little nervous because the back end kept getting squirrely due to cold tires and a little wetness.. Today, I had no problems at all.. it is quite a wonderful car! I love the whine of the supercharger!

Lord Cadillac
02-03-10, 06:26 PM
Congratulations! You're going to love it!

jedhead
02-03-10, 07:42 PM
Congratulations! I put about 3000 miles a month the first few months I owned mine and I work from home...no commuting.

Bob

PGA2B
02-03-10, 08:46 PM
Congrats!!! I LOVE everytime I get in mine.

Redxped1
02-03-10, 09:10 PM
nice another v in IL im in bloomingdale

ondale
02-03-10, 10:46 PM
Cataract congratulations! Did you buy the eBay one?!?!?!?! I saw it closed without the reserve being met. My apologies about being intrusive, but what did they sell it to you for? Curious how much lower from their "buy-it" now price you got it for. I'll admit it.....I'm a bit jealous... :)

silverws6ta
02-04-10, 12:55 AM
Another big thumbs up and congratulations - again glad to see our family expanding!!

CIWS
02-04-10, 08:24 AM
Congrats on getting your car :thumbsup:

Be careful with the TQ on this car and her fat ass. It will swing around for you when the conditions are right and she breaks traction. Fun if expecting, scary if not. :yup:

siannas
02-04-10, 08:53 AM
Congratulations. You'll love it! What town are you in? We should have a Suburb of Chicago V-Meet

cad08stsv
02-04-10, 11:37 AM
What a gret day this must be for you. Congratulations. Use it in good health. Watch that right foot, sometimes I think it has a mind of it's own.
Best of luck
Russell

Cataract
02-04-10, 11:52 AM
Thanks all! I am super pumped! I just brought it into the Cadillac dealer to take care of a couple little things under warranty (that they found during my independent inspection).. its killing me not to be playing with my new toy!

I live in Lincoln Park, but work out near Woodfield. I am definitely down for a meet sometime.

Ondale- Yes, I got that one! The dealer is a few blocks from my office so I just went there to deal in person. They also gave me a great price on my trade-in.. then they bumped up the trade-in value even more to make the difference+trade-in near equal to the list price. Kinda shady dealers though, I am glad to be done with them.

bobs-sts-v
02-04-10, 01:42 PM
I am out in Naperville. Don't have a problem driving in winter as long as you have the right tires and a bit of patience!

Bob

Cataract
02-04-10, 02:00 PM
I am out in Naperville. Don't have a problem driving in winter as long as you have the right tires and a bit of patience!

Bob

I was hoping I could hold out till fall to buy snow tires. We probably have a month of possible snow left, I have a back up car to use if I really need it for my commute. Do you think would be able to manage with the summer tires this month? Or should I invest in some Blizzaks (as well as mounting)?

Gusteve
02-04-10, 03:09 PM
The factory Pirelli run flats are frightening in the snow, but a set of dedicated snows are going to set you back $1k+. (As much as $1500 if you stick with run-flats). If you only have a month to go, and have a back-up ride, I'd just wait it out.

Congrats on your purchase.

I'm in Flint, MI and have been driving my '08 all winter on a set of Blizzak LM-60's. They are awesome.

Florian
02-04-10, 03:51 PM
change your profile... :>

F