: Bluetooth for '07 EXT: Ego Flash, Parrot or something else?

mgm32
02-03-10, 03:46 PM
I'm really new to the site but have enjoyed what I've read over the past few days and gotten lots of good info out of it.

I bought a '07 Esalade EXT on Monday and it's fully loaded but I'm looking to start making some mods.

I previously had been driving a '06 Dodge Charger and I had a Pioneer Z1 installed in it that had the bluetooth and ipod integration built in to it.

I really like the screen in my EXT so I don't want to replace the entire unit but I'm trying to decide how to go about adding bluetooth.

Personally, I'd prefer not to have to install an external unit and would like to be able to see numbers through my factory av/nav screen, have it do the automatic mute when I answer calls, etc. If that is possible what do I need to do so?

If not...I had a guy up here in the Dallas area suggest a Ego Flash bluetooth device but I've read a lot about Parrot's on here as well....just so many options I'm trying to make an informed decision. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks for obliging a newb like myself. :thumbsup:

roccos_van
02-03-10, 06:38 PM
google scosche blue fusion or bluestar 2010 or GM VCIM Bluetooth retrofit. Those are the three best options in order from worst to best for you. I have the bluefusion and am looking for a bluetooth vcim upgrade with no luck so far.

mgm32
02-03-10, 10:21 PM
Excuse the additional questions but what do you mean by VCIM upgrade?

roccos_van
02-04-10, 01:31 PM
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23068

ttforcefed
02-14-10, 10:26 AM
i use the parrot in a few of my cars and its perfect. works great and not expesnive.

vfjdesign
02-17-10, 05:07 PM
Hi,
I have just gone through a 2 month ordeal on finding the right bluetooth! SUCCESS at last! I got the parrot MKI9100 and had it custom installed where the clock is (I can't read the clock anyway) had the controller mouted in the ash tray so lid still closes. It works great but 1 warning MUST USE the Quick Connect brand of harness if you have a bose system!!!!! My stereo shop used another brand first and the volume was so low on phone calls I couldn't hear it and the ipod was very distorted. They just put the new harness in today and WOW what a difference...It wasn't cheap (about $700 when all done with install etc) but to me it was worth keeping the clean factory look and having the features. I will post a new thread with pictures in a few days.
Mike

mgm32
02-18-10, 05:03 PM
I'd love to see the pics. Sounds like a pretty cool setup.

Escapade
02-19-10, 02:07 AM
Ordered Bluestar from Costartech and will update once installed.

vfjdesign
02-19-10, 02:36 PM
Here are the pics (not great pics, just took with my phone)....I will post a review titled "Bluetooth success" in a day or two. But the short is...Awesome, a few bugs to work out but all in all a great system.

mgm32
02-21-10, 12:05 PM
That looks great! I'd love to do that same setup. What kind of bugs have you experienced so far?

vfjdesign
02-21-10, 06:21 PM
mgm32,
The only bug I have now from the unit itself is the voice recognition says contacts a little odd, just takes some getting used to. Once we got the right harness (quick connect) it has been great. I have an old ipod that crackles like a scratched record sometimes, thought it was the unit, but put my iphone on the connection and it not only sounded better it did not have any strange sounds. The main thing that bothers me is the hole where the "stick" was to adjust the clock(gets dust in there) they claim they can't bend a new piece of plexi to fit, the only other thing is the blue led that I had the stereo shop put in is a little too bright. I posted a review titled Bluetooth success that pretty much tells the same things but tells you about the features.