: mp3 connection

torched10
02-03-10, 02:08 PM
ive got a 2008 STS V and would like to connect my Zune player, which is an MP3 made by MS.I have a cable with three connectors for theconnectiion in the glove box a wh,yel,red set of connections.But when i hook them up i hear lots of noise,and a very low soundtrack.Can an MP3 be connected a,d if so, what am i doing wrong--thanks alot

jedhead
02-03-10, 02:13 PM
White and red is the audio and yellow is video. My daughters connect their I-Pod using the red and white connection then I go to the AUX setting to hear the music IIRC.

Bob

Florian
02-03-10, 04:26 PM
^^^^ what he said.....

F

torched10
02-03-10, 08:36 PM
thanks--whats IIRC--and is ther a setting on aux--thanks

jedhead
02-03-10, 08:40 PM
IIRC - If I Recall Correctly... I found that I need to add that disclaimer more often :)

Bob

torched10
02-04-10, 06:28 PM
i tried it,and no good.Im wondering maybe the cable isnt any good--so im getting another cable.But yours worked on a 2008 right:confused::confused:

jedhead
02-04-10, 07:06 PM
Purchase a cable from radio shack that has a mini-phono jack on one end and two RCA plugs on the other. I pluged the RCA jacks into the plugs in the armrest and the mini-phono to the I-Pod. Set the Aux to video and the music was played from the i-pod.

Bob

nlharter
02-04-10, 07:14 PM
I need to try this now. How is the sound quality? Is it as bad as XM? Don't get me wrong, XM was clear, but the lows are not that low and the highs are not that high.

jedhead
02-05-10, 04:07 AM
Hate to sound like a parent, but I can't tell the sound quality of the stuff my kids listen too. I expect the sound quality to be much better than the radios and just short of a CD.

Bob

torched10
02-05-10, 10:46 AM
ok ill go to RS today and try it again.BTW, listening to concert DVDs on th Bose stereo is incredible,much,much better than CDs.And its so cool when you park it, the video pops up--my 6 year old gandson was very impressed, as awas my wife

Bee iLL
02-05-10, 11:03 AM
Did you turn up the volume on the Zune player itself? I usually have to set my little generic samsung mp3 player volume to about 75% to get a decent signal. After adjusting the Zune's volume, you can then adjust the radio's volume. You might even have to add a Gound Loop Isolater to cancel out the electrical noise.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062214

bobs-sts-v
02-05-10, 02:38 PM
Does the Zune only have a mini-jack for output? For my iPod, I use the cable with the plug that goes into the BOTTOM of the device. Quality is limited thru the ear phone jack. 100X better through the interface port. You can buy a cable like this from Apple. Don't know about the Zune.

Bob

torched10
02-08-10, 03:36 PM
OK everything works now.Te issue was i had left in the USB cable,,AND the volume was too low.Everything works well now--thanks for the help