: Stock Throttle Response

jwall09
02-02-10, 09:15 PM
For those of you who own a STSV, on a stock tune do you notice the gas pedal has a long range? Seems like mine has to be 25% engaged before i really get anything out of it, and really 75% is where it starts to respond like i would expect it to. Maybe its just a different car, but my 2005 CTSV seemed like it was much more responsive.

silverws6ta
02-03-10, 09:47 AM
For those of you who own a STSV, on a stock tune do you notice the gas pedal has a long range? Seems like mine has to be 25% engaged before i really get anything out of it, and really 75% is where it starts to respond like i would expect it to. Maybe its just a different car, but my 2005 CTSV seemed like it was much more responsive.

Its the stock tuning -- throttle is like a 'rubber band' Jesse Bubb @ Wait4Me can fix that right up --

Maybe Toyota/Lexus owners could look into it though -- If their throttles stick at 75% what does that get them up to?! 20mph?!? :D :suspect:

CIWS
02-04-10, 08:21 AM
Wait4Me's tune did improve throttle response over stock.

Cataract
02-04-10, 02:07 PM
Does anyone use Spirit Booster on these cars? I haven't heard much about Wait4Me, until threads on this forum. Would it void GM warranties?

jedhead
02-04-10, 02:19 PM
I have a PCM with a wait4me tune on it. I just swap the PCM with the stock one.

Bob

Cataract
02-04-10, 02:46 PM
I have a PCM with a wait4me tune on it. I just swap the PCM with the stock one.

Bob

Did you buy a PCM with the tune on it from wait4me, how much did that set you back? Is it just for throttle response or does it play with the supercharger (ignition timing, and air/fuel ratio, ect) as well?

cadillac94pimpin
02-04-10, 03:45 PM
I purchased a tuned PCM from someone on the forum and I was told in order for it to work I would need my VIN flashed onto it.

Can anyone confirm this needs to be done?

jedhead
02-04-10, 06:00 PM
Did you buy a PCM with the tune on it from wait4me, how much did that set you back? Is it just for throttle response or does it play with the supercharger (ignition timing, and air/fuel ratio, ect) as well?

I bought it from Florian used. The tune is suppose to have new fuel trim tables, timing changes and throttle changes. For the transmission shifting all the tq nannies are removed. The speed limiter is supposed to be removed. I have not installed the PCm because I want to have a before and after dyno run.

Bob