: A few issues

2000Cat
02-02-10, 03:31 PM
2000 Cat. The guy who owned it was a liar and screwed me on this thing from the get go. I fixed a few issues already. CAS was bad and had to be replaced two days after I bought it. He told me the car had a Bose radio and it was stolen so he bought one from a Catera @ the yard and it just needed to be unlocked with the Tech 2. My buddy at Chevy says the Tech 2 wouldnt let him do anything because the radio came out of an Eldorado. Now I wonder if this thing had a Bose system to begin with. Also I need to purchase FOB's and was wondering if they were Catera specific because I have seen people listing them as working with not only this vehicle but the Seville, Eldo and Deville of the same years.

So in a nutshell I need to know if the last eight of the VIN can tell me what I had as far as a radio from the factory or if someone here knows if the 2000-2001 all came with the Bose system. Also I need to know if anyone has had luck using the Op Com and a laptop to program the FOB's and transponder keys. Thanks ahead of time, this forum has answered quite a few of my questions already. You guys are great :worship:

AHazzardToAll
02-02-10, 10:00 PM
Your rear deck speaker covers should have the bose name on them if it was a bose system. I HIGHLY doubt anyone would have/could have stolen the original bose head unit. it take a lot of work and the know how to get them out if you're in a rush. Plus it's not a huge valued product. Best way to know if it's wired for bose is to look under the rear deck from the trunk. I believe the base (non-bose) didn't even come with rear deck speakers. I know for a fact though that if it was bose it will have one grey and one black amp mounted on the bottom side of the deck. Let me know if this is clear or not. I believe the FOBS are interchangeable, but you will have to have the dealership tell you the code you need and have them program it for you.

Daniel B
02-03-10, 03:53 PM
I have a 2000 Catera Sport model.

The 8 speaker Bose system was standard on the 2000 Sport. For base models it was an option,

Bose AM/FM/cassette/CD/weather band/RDS 8-speaker sound
system $ 973

(info from Automotive.com)

I do not know what the standard Audio option was.

Like the person before me mentioned, it will say Bose on the speaker grills in the rear window speakers.

Respecfully,

Daniel

2000Cat
02-04-10, 11:38 AM
Gave the dealer the last 8, found out it has a AM/FM Tape Deck with a "Quad Amp" and upgraded speakers. The head unit also controls a 12 disc AC Delco CD changer in the trunk. For future reference the part number and radio code for non Bose is #9361896 and the radio code will be U1L. Thanks for the help guys.

AHazzardToAll
02-04-10, 02:30 PM
I thought the "quad-amp" was standard on all models. It's the black "4-channel" (or quad-amp as i guess Cadillac calls it) amp mounted under the deck. also all the head units can control the trunk mounted disc changer. Or do you actually have the disc changer unit?

2000Cat
02-04-10, 05:18 PM
I do have the changer and I do not see an amp in the trunk under the rear deck at all. I am gonna hope that this radio I ordered from Ebay works and go from there.

AHazzardToAll
02-04-10, 07:01 PM
the amp is very hard to see unless you know where to look for it. There is a "lower deck" for lack of better terms mounted to the rear deck. It is like a black shelf. You should be able to look through about a 1" crack between it and the deck and see the amp, i'll try to get a picture tonight before the powder blows in tomorrow.

AHazzardToAll
02-08-10, 02:40 AM
Hope this helps!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2711/4339443315_036128ec06_o.jpg