: Magnetic ride suspension.... is this normal?

V-LEDS
02-02-10, 12:37 PM
We just purchased an 09 Escalade and when we left the dealership noticed a weird shaking or shimmy as soon as we got above 40 mph. We took it in to a tire center where we have some hook ups and through it up on the rack, ran all 4 tires to check if one was out of round. All 4 tires had a bit of movement but not too terrible.

So we brought it back and had the service tech drive it. He felt the same thing and thought it was not normal. Then we we going to Costco and when over their hellasious speed bumps and felt and heard a fairly loud clunk at the top of the speed bump. We were not driving over it fast, took it at a totally normal speed.

Made an appointment to have the dealer look at it for us and they were stumped. We just came from an 07 Denali and it never drove like this. If this new suspension is "just like that" then it's crap because this is a far worse ride than should be on a Caddy.

vfjdesign
02-02-10, 12:43 PM
I don't know about the 09 but my 08 is not like that at all!! it is smooth and fabulous, I did have that same issue briefly when there was snow and ice packed in under one of the tires, once the snow was gone so was the shimmy. Take it to a different Cadillac dealer? Good Luck!

evois
02-02-10, 02:00 PM
is it a "new" 09 or a "used" 09. there is a difference. if it is a used one, check the VIN for any accidents.

V-LEDS
02-02-10, 04:55 PM
It is a NEW 09

steve841
02-02-10, 05:55 PM
I have an 09 with the magnetic ride and the only complaint I have is a slight vibe in the steering wheel above 70mph. I know all the wheels are balanced.. but it's still there.

I can only chalk it up to either all wheel drive or 22" rims... but other than that the ride is no different from my 07 Avalanche.

JHC828
02-02-10, 06:46 PM
I have a new 09 AWD with 22's and there is no noise or shaking at all whatsoever. I'd get another opinion and if they couldn't fix it, another caddy.

evois
02-02-10, 09:15 PM
that's unusual for new caddy. have it checked at another dealer.

V-LEDS
02-02-10, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the recommendations and input guys, really appreciate it. As inconveniencing as it is we will probably have to make the drive to another dealership and see what they can do for us.

steve841
02-02-10, 10:02 PM
Just a PS .. call the 800 line (Chevy Customer Service) and start a case. They at least get a dealer motivated to look a little closer at the problem.

Big Windy Ext
02-02-10, 10:26 PM
Why call Chebee ?