Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  luxurylife33 
#1 · (Edited)
hello fellow enthusiats, I have put an introduction in on the new member section, but I know many people don't really check that area out. Heres my question I am sure many of you have seen this ebay add for an 04 ESV running on 24's. My question the auto check says major frame modification. Is the seller correct when he states that due to the 24's extra stabilzers had to be added. Or is he just blowing smoke? Any and all replies would be appreciatted.
Thank you
Rick

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-E...ewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item2c52e44ef9

#2 ·
I have found an 05 ESV platinum locally with 118,000 on the clicker. Corporate owned and in really nice condition almost "new" The seller is asking $17,500.00 is this vehicle worth considering with that kind of mileage? I do plan on owning for a very long time.
Again Thank you for any replies
Rick

#3 ·
There are NO special stabilizers needed to run 24's or 26's etc. I'd like to see pics of these "stabilizers" that "had" to be put on...

Just because there is no "paint work" doesn't mean he bought pieces to fix it from other wreck Esky's the same color...

That auction sounds VERY shady... I'd move on...

#5 ·
Come on guys, 52 looks at this thread and only Nathan replied. I just drove the 05 with 118,000k. Really nice truck, clean clean clean a couple of the nav push buttons are worn and the chrome luggage rack rail is slightly raised up on the front passenger side.
The "service ride suspension" light is on, the owner says he will have that taken care of unless we deduct it from the price of the truck. He mentioned that the hydraulic pump needs to be replaced, is that a simple procedure? The dealer estimated $625.00 and change. I would rather but the pump and replace myself what do you guys think?

If I purchase as is he would accept $17,000 I need your advise please.......
Thank you
Rick

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum. A new member intro area? Oops never mentioned it. Thats a great deal in my opinion! But prices for escalades are higher in our area it seems... 02's go for 14-17K this time of the year, I would price this 05 in the 22-24K. Air compressor is an easy fix, worst case scenario its under $200 for an arnott replacement. But its probably the exhaust solenoid that's faulty. There's a thread on this forum for a fix (solder corroded wires). As for the millage, my 02 has 132K miles now, drives as good as a new! Check for service (oil change) of the front diff, tranny, maybe a check of the VIN at your friendly caddy dealer to check the history of the repairs done to it? I say negotiate the lowest price as is and fix it by yourself as you go. Keep us posted.

#8 ·
Spittin, I kinda thought that as well but kbb is still listing the blue at $19,500.00 (good condition). Its a southern suv serviced exclusively at 1 dealer here locally since it rolled off their lot.

SK7 excellent point, I will go to the dealer tommorow (with a dozen donuts) and inquire about the service history (thank you) I forgot about this one. I really don't do much driving, less than 10k a year so the lower mileaged eskies will catch up in a few years. Thank you for your ideas, I did inquire aboout the tranny flush and filter, the owner said it was done before the 100k mark but did not have the paperwork with him. The diffs I negelected to ask about.

Thank you for the replies so far
Rick

#9 ·
I have an 04 ESV with 24's and have absolutely no problem. No stabilizers or anything extra added. No speedo work needed. It's up to you if you want to install your TPMS sensors or just deal with that message being on the dash every time you get in the car.

#11 ·
Thank you Luxury...
I guess I am leaning to the '05. I think for $17,000 gees, its a really nice vehicle. I have been around vehicles a long time so I do not think I am getting peeled like a bananna. As far as the mileage well..... I will live with it!
You guessed it Luxury, the owner had 'fessed up today: the code is C0660, rear ALC Comp.

#16 · (Edited)
I see both sides of the coin, get a '03/'04 with lower miles for somewhere where this '05 is price wise. We (wifey) and I really need to watch our spending as with many others in this crazy world. We could get my mother inlaws '02 Escalade for near nothing. The problem is my wife has a surprise in the oven and due in April to add to the kids we already have. We travel alot and just need the extra "people space". We do have a budget around 20k give or take. I am leaning on the high miler since it is a local and serviced at the premier caddy dealership here in town. The SUVs maintenance record is near spotless as well with the interior and exterior (exception of the nav and disc button). We have been down the ebay vehicle path and it works but I have a "good" feeling about this vehicle.

Thank you guys again for your input
Rick

#17 ·
Wow the 02 is not big enough? Damn how many kids you got man lol. Seriously thought, like others said - stay away from that Ebay deal and shady VIN checks too. Its a darn good thing to buy the vin check when shopping for a used car - I always have - always will - never fails me :)

#18 ·
Forget about space.... stay away from 02's at all costs. From what I hear, there are too many problems with the first year of the new body style. Besides, there's a lot of noticeable differences in the 02 and 03+. The 02 seats are ugly, no NAV option, no HID headlights, crappy old school diagnotic/data bus system, no 3rd row seating, etc....

I would get the lower mileage eBay Escalade. But thats me! I got my 03 Escalade EXT off Criagslist with 70k miles for only $14,000 (mint, nothing wrong and still nothing major wrong). I got a deal and a half, but the deals are out there. I would hang out for a bit and see if anything else pops up. I waited about 2 months looking for a short body Escalade or an EXT .... the EXT's are few and far between (not as much as the Platinum though) but the Escalade and ESV are a dime a dozen.... good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.