Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Are you happy with the sound of your horn?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  shore 
#1 ·
I don't know about you guys, but every time I use the horn in my Escalade it feels like it has been somewhat "castrated" lol. Seriously, regular cars and other SUVs have decent tunes, but this one is too "soft" and frankly ridiculous.
Have you ever considered swapping/changing?

#2 ·
Have you checked to make sure BOTH horns are working? Mine sounded the same way and the passenger side horn wasn't working, and causing the driver side to sound funny. I went to a friends house to check his Deanli, and his pass horn wasn't working either.

I went to the Chevy dealership to get 2 new horns (because the driver side sounded soft) and they said for some reason the pass side is common to go out, swapped just the pass out, both horns sounded alive again, and then took back the drivers side.

#3 ·
They make a cheap($30 or less) air horn kit.It has a small compressor and two horns and works VERY well for what it is.

One of the MODS here has a write-up about it.

FWIW, my Gf's little SLK gets water in the horn when washing it real well.....takes a few days for it dry out.It sounds hilarious when wet.

#4 ·
Hey just a train horn kit and start blowing at :

1. Old people in 32V Northstar's doing 30 mph on the highway
2. People driving 20 mph while on their cellphone
3. Those hybrids that have a certain "difficulty" up that long hill
4. People who "sleep" at the green light.

HAHAHA. Oh not to forget those unsuspecting chicks walking their dogs in the summertime lolol.

#6 ·
The Fiamm air horns in my vid are 137 dB and ~~$45 installed. They're a big improvement over stock horns. I had them on my 03' Lade and the last 3 vehicles I've owned. Now the Whelen horn and especially the Grover horns will run you much more $$$. :)

Amazon.com: FIAMM 66040 "Big Boss" 2 Long Trumpet Horns w/ Hvy Duty 12 V Compressor Kit: Automotive

You can order the Fiamm big boss horns or if you have an O'Reiley parts store near you they probably carry them. If you have a decent grasp on automotive wiring and use of a relay you can install them yourself in an hour.....or maybe 2-3 hours if it's your first time. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.