: After market air intakes(Which one you like)

tonyretnypd
01-31-10, 07:57 PM
Got a 08 Lade
Want to upgrade the Air intake.

Was looking at the K&N the Volant and the Air ram system from Vararam

http://www.vararam.com/tri-power/tri-power.html <--- like the looks of this system
Like to know what you guys have installed.
How do you like them?
How was the install?
Performance?

ETC?

Thanks

T

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8586/ruby3.jpg
T

LeftLane
01-31-10, 08:20 PM
Volant :yup::yup:

silverws6ta
02-01-10, 11:33 AM
I like the GMPP; it also has a cotton filter as well - Very nice construction, and perfect fit all the way down to the foam gasket between the fender and airbox. And looks nice as you can see..

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk366/silverws6ta/IMG00860-20090813-1616.jpg

buckeyefan007
02-01-10, 04:25 PM
I like the GMPP; it also has a cotton filter as well - Very nice construction, and perfect fit all the way down to the foam gasket between the fender and airbox. And looks nice as you can see..

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk366/silverws6ta/IMG00860-20090813-1616.jpg

What was the cost on the GMPP? I like the looks of it. How hard was it to install?

silverws6ta
02-01-10, 06:53 PM
I paid $317 for it; Took about 30 minutes or so to install - it has detailed instructions but the install is very straight forward as well. Fit is perfect.

PreachRR
02-01-10, 08:43 PM
What did you notice as far as performance with it and any improvement on mileage?

monstermatt
02-01-10, 09:22 PM
IMHO it makes noise and not horsepower ever tape a playing card to ur spokes on the bike when u were a kid? lol/jk:D

silverws6ta
02-02-10, 01:27 PM
Throttle response was improved; after I went back to 'normal' driving I probably gained about 1-2mpg on the highway -- I'm definitely satisfied with it! 'monstermatt' made a good point; its hard to know about HP improvements; I noticed that it seemed to 'breathe' better and wasn't as excited about shifting so much.

Ollie5572
02-02-10, 09:53 PM
I just purchased and installed the Volant intake and ram air scoop. Fit perfect, looks great and the scoop brings more air to the box. I think I paid around $400 for both. As far as power... im not sure. I bought the intake system, corsa exhaust, Kooks headers and the predator at the same time. Im not sure which part contributed the most.

goldesky
02-03-10, 08:59 PM
hey Ollie - you put on EXACTLY what i had in mind except i was going to go with B&B vs Corsa. My list is Volante intake, kooks headers, B&B, predator.

how is the sound with the Kooks and Corsa? Crazy loud or ok? Any reason why you went with Corsa?

thanks a lot.. i was about to post this question and saw you did what i'm about to do

Ollie5572
02-04-10, 11:22 PM
hey Ollie - you put on EXACTLY what i had in mind except i was going to go with B&B vs Corsa. My list is Volante intake, kooks headers, B&B, predator.

how is the sound with the Kooks and Corsa? Crazy loud or ok? Any reason why you went with Corsa?

thanks a lot.. i was about to post this question and saw you did what i'm about to do

Hi Goldesky. It sounds really nice. You dont really hear it in the cabin until you step on it and then you get this nice throaty growl. I am happy with the choice of upgrades I chose. If you want a more aggresive sound... maybe getting the non-touring model? Im not sure, I didnt want the sound to be crazy until I gassed it... it is after all a luxury suv.
I chose Corsa because of the reviews from this forum. I did quite a bit of reading through old posts.
One thing with Kooks headers is when I installed it with the high flow cats, the check engine light came on very soon after. I had to install 18mm spark non-foulers with some steel wool on the rear 2 o2 sensors. I then cleared the code with my predator and it has not come back since.
With the predator I am soon going to do a custom tune. If you goto the diablosport forum and find a guy named Lew... he will (for a charge) write you a custom tune for your vehicle. You create logs and he analizes them and creates your tune. He works for diablosport and can adjust many more things than you can on your unit. I dont know if it will create a noticeable change... but worth a try.