Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Re-installing Running Boards

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  sk7 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, first post.

I bought a 2002 escalade the other day as a tow vehicle for my boat (though I've pretty much driven it non-stop sense I picked it up).

The originial owner had the dealer remove the running boards, but I got them with the car, along with all the bolts. I'd like to put them back on, but am having some issues with getting them to line up right.

Is there some trick to getting that bracket to go on correctly? Do I need to hang the brackets first? If anyone out there can help, I'd apreciate it. I seem to be getting hung up on that lip on the bottom ege of the body. I'm thinking it must slide partially under the bracket? There also seems to be some tabs there, do bolts go through those?

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum! I had to remove the running boards a few times to get the truck to fit on a tandem tow trailer. I would take em off with the brakets still attached to the board itself. It was easier to reinstall if someone could hold it in place while putting the first few screws on. They are heavy! I can have a look at the service manual and post pics if available. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.