Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Make sure you buy a ls2 thermostat for your LS6

5K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  SkullV 
#1 ·
If anyone plans on upgrading to a 160* thermostat.

Make sure you buy the LS2 style, I just found out the hard way. I figured i have a LS6 so I orderd a LS6 stat = Wrong.

I guess the newer ls6 has the LS2 stlye waterpump and housing.. :mad2:

Im bummed cause I realy wanted to start the car with the new cam setup, now I have to wait since I want the 160 stat in and dont want to put it all together just to take it apart..... :banghead:

#2 ·
If anyone plans on upgrading to a 160* thermostat.
Make sure you buy the LS2 style, I just found out the hard way. I figured i have a LS6 so I orderd a LS6 stat = Wrong.
I guess the newer ls6 has the LS2 stlye waterpump and housing.
:
Wha? I am planning on this. Pleez esplain!

#3 ·
I am as well. I think Shady has an LS6 160 degree stat in his V and his seems fine. Any more details?

#4 ·
#5 ·
I recently had Twenty First Century Muscle Cars (a lingenfelter shop) do a few things to my car, including the Lingenfelter 160. $19.95 (32 after install) and my OT is consistently 176.

Just go with the one shown in the previous post from their website. Works like a charm.

#7 ·
I bought this one, texas speed said it was for the ls1/ ls6
But its for early ls1's and maybe 02 LS6 vettes.
-Does not fit.

(Comes with housing)

The 05 V uses a newer LS6 and uses the LS2 waterpump design.

For the stat we need this one- (LS2 ) ( pops into the housing)

- what the 04-07 CTS-V uses

a pain in the ass if you ask me....

#18 ·
Its just much better for the engine for starters.

And heat robs lots of power from the LSx engines, I remember when I was doing some highway racing I had temps around 210, and When I was on the dyno it was climbing up to 215. :eek:

That = major power loss.

For 25$ a 160 stat is a no brainer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.