: Brand spanking new member

Cbody
01-23-03, 04:28 PM
Howdy all, I was pleasantly surprised to find this site and figured I ought to jump on board.

To answer the first question, no, I don't own a cadillac at the moment.............however, I'm the sole mechanic at our family business (heavy equipment mostly) so I'm kept relatively abreast of the cad marquee by working on my parents two current Deville's, a '95 and a '96, both concours. Based on my experience with the northstars I work on I've become rather enamored of them, so I picked up 4 demo engines (2 are 4.0's)which I hopefully will find a use for at some point.

The other thing that led me here is an *amost* finalized decision to use a 472 or 500 cad in next seasons full mod/unlimited class muddragger. I currently run a 440 chrysler in one (lower class truck), and have finished a stroked 400 (mopar again, w/440 crank=450 cube) that was destined for the top truck, but I've got '69 and '75 deville's that I'm leaning towards using for the powerplant instead.
Jay

Katshot
01-23-03, 05:25 PM
Interesting project. So I take it you aren't using a rail. I had a couple freinds that did mud drags. Matter of fact, I had a VW-powered mud buggie myself years ago. I got rid of it when I got tired of towing it everywhere. When I first got it, I had a place to keep it that was right next to several hundred acres of open space so it was convenient to have fun with it.
Anyway, welcome aboard.

BeelzeBob
01-23-03, 07:40 PM
Welcome aboard! Thank you for signing up.. That's one heck of a list of cars you have there!! Jeez! :D

Cbody
01-23-03, 08:42 PM
Thanks guys,

and no Kat, I don't run rails..........my location (S.E. NE.) doesn't lend itself to rails. There's usually a drag or two within 100 miles every weekend through the summer, but only perhaps one or two a year actually have any competition which include rails. Granted, If I had more time or $$ I would build one, but that would mean driving considerable distances to really compete :(
So for the forseable future I'll continue with my full bodied rigs that I can usually shoehorn one into at least a couple classes per event. Not to mention that I live on 160 acres of land replete with trails/ponds/etc. that I "test" on......and rails aren't much fun to play with when you factor in the normal Nebraska weather during the off season ;)

It might be a heck of a list Sal, but keep in mind that the mileage on those trucks range from 150K, to 350K.........so there's nothing approaching "high dollar" in that list :)
Jay

Dead Sled
01-23-03, 10:11 PM
welcome aboard