: Hoping to purchase a STS-V ASAP (questions)

Cataract
01-28-10, 04:50 PM
HI all, I hope to be joining more convos soon, but still need to purchase. I am located in the Chicago area.

I currently have '05 545i sport package, but am looking to upgrade to a STS-V in the next couple weeks. I have a couple questions I was hoping you could help me with. I have been on the forum searching/researching for the last few days now, and have learned a great deal already.

Were the Euro tail lights a factory option or just purchased through GM? I asked a Cadillac service rep about them, he said that wires probably needed to be spliced or modified some how; is this true?

I am strongly considering an '07 (can't post a link because I have no post count) with 26k miles. Looks like the original owner was from MI (one owner car). It has tints and the euro tail lights, possibly a different rear spoiler. What do you recommend concerning a very slightly modded car like this? I enjoy the tails and tints, but worry about the possibly performance mods that could void the factory warranty.. Should I be concerned about this??

I want to have my local dealer give me an independent inspection prior to my purchase. However, the service rep says they probably couldn't tell if there have been any ECU mods or other computer alterations.

Any info is greatly appreciated.
Alex

Cataract
01-28-10, 05:08 PM
Oh, one more question.
I noticed there was a small gap at the top of the windshield before the roof. Most other cars have a piece covering this gap, like flashing or a threshold piece. I am wondering if this is missing on this particular vehicle, or is it supposed to be this way? You have a clear view of the top edge of the windshield then drops down a 1/4 of an inch then the roof starts again.

PGA2B
01-28-10, 08:29 PM
I suggest you get the CPO warranty available. As for the windshield, mine is that way too. D3 sells the clear tails also.

LITTLEELVISDAN
01-28-10, 08:32 PM
F in

LITTLEELVISDAN
01-28-10, 08:35 PM
Florian ( a Member) lives up that way and could probably be persuaded out of his V. I heard a tale told he is in the market for a CTS-V Coupe. I am as well but am keeping my STS-V.

Florian
01-28-10, 11:25 PM
my V is ALWAYS for sale.... :> and it has CPO warranty!

F

Cataract
01-29-10, 11:47 AM
I suggest you get the CPO warranty available. As for the windshield, mine is that way too. D3 sells the clear tails also.

Thanks.
The one I was looking at has over a year left of the warranty. I also called my Cadillac dealer, he said that I could extend the warranty for another 3 years for about $2,200 next year(which isn't too shabby). Would there be any other benefits of buying CPO rather than just extending it myself when the time comes? I am also getting an inspection from Caddy..

I was inquiring about the tail lights coming from GM because I was wondering if this was more aftermarket, or a factory thing. Try to judge how the old owner was with the car.

PGA2B
01-29-10, 01:36 PM
Are these the lights it has?
https://www.gmpartszone.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=280580

Cataract
01-29-10, 02:25 PM
Are these the lights it has?

Yes, they are. Are they plug and play? Or did they require any new wiring?
I like them, just worries me about a modded car.

PGA2B
01-29-10, 03:22 PM
To my knowledge they are plug and play.

Florian
01-29-10, 05:42 PM
Thanks.
The one I was looking at has over a year left of the warranty. I also called my Cadillac dealer, he said that I could extend the warranty for another 3 years for about $2,200 next year(which isn't too shabby). Would there be any other benefits of buying CPO rather than just extending it myself when the time comes? I am also getting an inspection from Caddy..

I was inquiring about the tail lights coming from GM because I was wondering if this was more aftermarket, or a factory thing. Try to judge how the old owner was with the car.

2200 for CPO!!!!! :rolleyes: :alchi: :thepan:

CPO costs the dealers around 850, above that, its all profit. I suggest you tell them youd be happy to spend 1K on it max, Im sure they will bend for the sale.....then again you could buy mine and get the CPO for free!

F

Cataract
01-29-10, 06:07 PM
2200 for CPO!!!!! :rolleyes: :alchi: :thepan:

CPO costs the dealers around 850, above that, its all profit. I suggest you tell them youd be happy to spend 1K on it max, Im sure they will bend for the sale.....then again you could buy mine and get the CPO for free!

F

Interesting... thanks for the advice!

Shoot me some info about your car.. I couldn't find it in the classifieds.

Florian
01-30-10, 12:56 AM
my V isnt in the classifieds, just the knowledge that its always for sale.

Silver 07
39K miles, CPO until 103K
no damage, no winters....what more do you want to know?

F

CIWS
01-31-10, 09:16 AM
Yes, they are. Are they plug and play? Or did they require any new wiring?
I like them, just worries me about a modded car.

They are a GM authorized accessory part, therefore they must be plug and play. :) (sucks your dealer doesn't know that)

http://www.ciws.net/stsv/mollychrome1.jpg

Cataract
02-01-10, 12:05 PM
my V isnt in the classifieds, just the knowledge that its always for sale.

Silver 07
39K miles, CPO until 103K
no damage, no winters....what more do you want to know?

F

What kind of price are you looking to get? PM me, I can't respond yet so could you include your email?

They are a GM authorized accessory part, therefore they must be plug and play. :) (sucks your dealer doesn't know that)

Hah yea it does suck he didn't know.. he said he had a CTS-V too..

ondale
02-02-10, 01:01 AM
Cataract (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/member.php?u=103411) are you looking at the STS-V in Chicago that is also listed on eBay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-STS-V-SUPERCHARGD-BLK-BLK-NAVIGATION-BOSE-XENONS_W0QQitemZ300390012836QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_ Cars_Trucks?hash=item45f0a3d7a4

I'm a Catera Owner that is starting research of getting a used STS-V this summer. But I am skeptical of driving an STS-V year round. Think it might be too much for the winters of Chicago. Curious how bad depreciation will be 3 years from now. $28K on a 2007 may only be worth $20k in 2011. With all the great new cars coming from Cadillac not sure if it makes sense to wait one more year.

siannas
02-02-10, 08:41 AM
I still think the one on Chicago Craigslist is worth looking into! I bet the owner would negotiate. Oh wait, that's mine. Good luck

Cataract
02-02-10, 02:04 PM
are you looking at the STS-V in Chicago that is also listed on eBay?

I'm a Catera Owner that is starting research of getting a used STS-V this summer. But I am skeptical of driving an STS-V year round. Think it might be too much for the winters of Chicago. Curious how bad depreciation will be 3 years from now. $28K on a 2007 may only be worth $20k in 2011. With all the great new cars coming from Cadillac not sure if it makes sense to wait one more year.

Yep that's the one! The longer I wait, the more my car will also depreciate.. If I were to wait another year, I also think I'd be considering a 2008 M5. With the F10 coming out so soon and the '07/08's falling out of leases, the e60 M5 will definitely be dropping in price as well.

I am hoping I can survive the next two months without snow tires, also using others' cars when weather gets snowy. I am not tooooo worried about next winter. My 545i handled much better than any of my previous SUV's in the snow (with snow tires). Literally I've never been stuck, even on unplowed alleys/parking spots a foot deep. With some Blizzaks I think the STS-V should be manageable as long as I drive extra conservative. If not.. TBD..
:hrazz:

I still think the one on Chicago Craigslist is worth looking into! I bet the owner would negotiate. Oh wait, that's mine. Good luck

I really wish I could! I'll keep you in the loop if I have any luck with Carmax..

ondale
02-02-10, 02:30 PM
Siannas is this yours? http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1575035154.html
Nice ride with real low mileage. 9k to 26k mileage(ebay one) may not be worth the premium you are charging. I think those of us researching are hoping, albeit a bit unrealistic, to score that ebay ride for around $28k

siannas
02-02-10, 03:59 PM
yep, that's mine. Like Florian-if the price is right mine is always for sale. Don't really want to sell it, just testing the water for now. Thanks and good luck. They are AWESOME cars!