Cadillac Owners Forum banner
11K views 31 replies 15 participants last post by  gnxs 
G
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm trying to research what packages are available (and what is invloved with their installation), along with average pricing, to make the engine into a 700+ horsepower monster. Hopefully this can be a discussion about the various packages available, and their associated benefits/drawbacks. Also, what kind of real world performance increases will they yield.

Thank you,
Chris

#2 ·
700 crank HP is about 600 rwhp. Several LSX engine specialty shops can achieve 600 rwhp with only a few modifications to the CTS-V.

-Ported factory cylinder heads
-Custom camshaft, valvesprings, pushrods
-Larger diameter crankshaft pulley
-Custom tuning
-Headers and catback system

Done.

#3 ·
www.d3cadillac.com

You will find everything you need to build a reliable CTS-V monster with the quality you would expect from a Cadillac.

We can give you a tire shredding 600+WHP CTS-V with some of our bolt on products. We can go over all the pros & cons and make sure you are pointed in the right direction based on what you are looking for out of the car in the safest manner possible.

Give us a call and we can get you taken care of.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac
562-216-8919

#4 ·
This is the Hennessey package. W4ME and D3 have been doing this as well easily. Pretty basic stuff. The technology is there. It is just a matter of which shop you want to choose.

I'd wait for others who have already done this to chime in on specifics.! :)

Power:
700 hp @ 6,300 rpm
701 lb-ft torque @ 3,400 rpm

Performance:
0-60 mph: 3.1 sec. *
1/4 Mile: 10.9 @ 129 mph *
Top Speed: 211 mph (with 6-speed transmission)
* With optional 20 inch HRE wheel upgrade & 305/45-20 Nitto drag radial tires.

The V700 Package Includes:
4 inch Cold Air Induction System
Supercharger Pulley & Snout Upgrade
Engine Management Software Upgrade
Long Tube 1 7/8 inch Stainless Steel Headers
3 inch Stainless Mid Pipes
High Flow Catalytic Converters
Intercooler Heat Exchanger System Upgrade
V700 Camshaft Upgrade
V700 High Flow Cylinder Heads
160 Degree Thermostat

#5 ·
What about 700rwhp?

#6 ·
Not on the stock bottom end. We wouldn't recommend having that much power without addressing the internals. Not to say it couldn't be done, it just wouldn't be the safest thing to do.

Our stage 3 upgrades can go into that territory.... But that starts with addressing the short block and working your way up from there.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

#7 ·
Manual or automatic?

It seems that manual trans cars often put down higher rwhp numbers than the auto trans car (owners of manual trans Vs have posted dyno runs on this forum from 460-470rwhp, with a few even posting over 500rwhp in stock form...yikes. Autos seem to be in the 440rwhp range).

It appears, however, that this does NOT necessarily translate into a faster car, but if the number is all you are interested in, it's something to consider.

Why on earth GM decided to "slow-down" the manual and attempt to make the 2 cars accelerate about the same is very strange, if not downright stupid. Build each of them to accelerate as fast as they can and go from there. :banghead:

#8 ·
Why on earth GM decided to "slow-down" the manual and attempt to make the 2 cars accelerate about the same is very strange, if not downright stupid. Build each of them to accelerate as fast as they can and go from there. :banghead:
Not exactly sure what is meant here, but the difference is the gearing in the trans and rearend. Also, on upshifts, the auto shifts faster. That's why stock for stock the auto might be a click quicker. With a competent driver, it's a drivers race.

I will say I'm kicking myself now for not getting a manual. Was tired of shifting my Z06, but man I miss having the control.

JMO,
Mark

#10 ·
If anything, the manual is probably geared optimally and it's the auto that trades lower top speed and gas mileage to keep up.

#14 ·
We can set you up with anything you would ever need to get that amount of REAL rwhp.

We even build a shortblock 454 racing engine for $6900 fully assembled, That will hold 7000rpms and 1200 hp capacity.

We buy back the stock block for core, so it only costs $3500 difference..

Then after that, you have boost, and cam, heads, you can do ALOT for less than 10k installed here at our shop..

That or just spend 4K and we do the same hp you want with a stock block...

The possibilitys are endless...

#15 ·
We can set you up with anything you would ever need to get that amount of REAL rwhp.

We even build a shortblock 454 racing engine for $6900 fully assembled, That will hold 7000rpms and 1200 hp capacity.

We buy back the stock block for core, so it only costs $3500 difference..

Then after that, you have boost, and cam, heads, you can do ALOT for less than 10k installed here at our shop..

That or just spend 4K and we do the same hp you want with a stock block...

The possibilitys are endless...

So for only ~$3,500 net, I can have an ultra reliable motor and go crazy on rwhp?? :jawdrop: Now I really hate you... :D

Question---Do you see passing the CA sniffer as a significant challenge to get, say, 700rwhp?

#22 ·
Stage 1 = $2549.00 = what RWHP?
Stage 2 = $4595.00 = What RWHP?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.