Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Oil Pressure too High

11K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  chaztuna 
#1 · (Edited)
04 Escalade 5.3 The oil guage started reading hightowards 80+PSI. Then the guage started reading way above 80, so I changed the sending unit. Problem still exist, also noted that when you shutoff the engine the oil pressure guage reads it's last value. And when you start the truck again it thinks the last value is zero and builds on that. In other words the guage does not retun to 0 before starting engine......

Sure would appreciate any input......

#5 ·
I had the same issue but the sending unit fixed it... I would imagine that the gauge cluster may be your issue. Have you tried disconnecting the battery after replacing the sending unit? Not sure if it will help but maybe worth a shot. The other issue to consider is possibly a DOA sending unit.

#6 ·
The more I read, the more I believe that the stepper motor is def. If you have an 03 or 04 with less than 70K than the replacement is free....Not for me. But the problem is for most all GM in those years, so there is a lot of info available. So you just bite the bullet, order replacement motors for all the guages, replace them and go on.............Why do just one, after all they are all the same vintage motor...........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.