: New Battery Time? Suggestions

ondale
01-28-10, 12:23 AM
Car wouldn't start this morning. I think now is good time to get a new battery, haven't replaced it in some time. Looks like Optima doesn't make one that fits the Catera. So who has a suggestion on a good battery for the cold Chicago winters.

JRomano
01-28-10, 08:36 AM
I have had the best luck with Interstate batteries. For the Catera the one they have for it is the Mega-Tron Plus MTP-91 (875CA/700CCA) They last for ever and have a great warranty too.
http://www.interstatebatteries.com/cs_eStore/Products/RT/PID-MTP-91%28Automotive+Truck%29.aspx?dsNavigation=N~21-4294493482-4294492359-2147384743&Title=Mega-Tron+Plus+-+85+Months+-+700+CCA

CateraMV6
01-29-10, 01:05 AM
Car wouldn't start this morning. I think now is good time to get a new battery, haven't replaced it in some time. Looks like Optima doesn't make one that fits the Catera. So who has a suggestion on a good battery for the cold Chicago winters.

My OEM one died, and I had to get a new one in an emergency snow day so walmart was open on sunday....

Guess what the battery I got was 54$ I think, and was rated at 700CCA, oem one on the car was only 300CCA, and it had a 2 year warranty too... core charge was 9$ I think...

Autozone wanted to sell me one for just over 100 with close to OEM CCAs... I said hell no!

Been 2 winters now, and it still works like a charm... even in the coldest of weather I haven't had start up issues...

Over new years I had the car parked on a hill, wind-chill down by the lake was at -25, the radar an GPS were left on for 2 days in the car...

Got in it, the lights looked dim, then turned the ignition on, the volt gauge read 10.9V, turned the key, teh car barely cranked once and it started... thats what 700CCA do for you on a cold day...

CateraMV6
01-29-10, 01:07 AM
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=495846

Installation is free too... but I would change it yourself, as I dont trust the fellas at walmart with my car, as a matter of fact I dont trust anyone with my car.

ondale
01-29-10, 09:08 AM
Thanks MV6, you always have the answer

CateraMV6
01-29-10, 09:23 AM
Thanks MV6, you always have the answer

Will be in chicago in 2 weeks, after FEB 8th, for a few days, so if you want we can meet up somewhere for some coffee, and pictures of our cars...

It will be nice to see 2 sport Silver cars at Starbucks or smething

Army_MP_From_MO
01-30-10, 08:57 AM
I always use Sears Diehards. Just replaced a generic that came in the car when I bought it.

ondale
01-30-10, 02:10 PM
Sounds like a plan. Let me know when you hit the Windy City

AHazzardToAll
02-02-10, 09:33 PM
Am i invited? I might even convince the dad to bring the mom up to go to IKEA and bring his 01blk sport! =) :wave:

CateraMV6
02-02-10, 11:07 PM
Am i invited? I might even convince the dad to bring the mom up to go to IKEA and bring his 01blk sport! =) :wave:

Totaly man, lets frigging do it, last time I was so hyped about our meet and then the stupid basement flooded and I had to bail out on all of you guys...

I say we can meet around Schamburg, near IKEA, there are a few good palces to sit down and have lunch there... and there is a park near by for some sweet photos...

Hope it doesnt snow...

AHazzardToAll
02-03-10, 12:45 AM
I'm game, but internet isn't so great at my house and it comes and goes so if i don't check back up on here soon enough shoot me an e-mail call or txt! :thumbsup:

LukeStur@iupui.edu
317-250-0187

ondale
02-03-10, 09:34 AM
Let me know a date. Let's not try Superbowl Sunday. Last time we talked about meeting on Christmas Day which was too tough.

CateraMV6
02-03-10, 01:10 PM
Well this time it will be either Wednesday, Thursday or Friday... possibly Saturday but I am not too sure about that one...

Those are the days I will be in town, and we can make it a short visit, doesn't have to be hours...

AHazzardToAll
02-03-10, 03:01 PM
I have classes all day on Wednesday Thursday, but i might be able to miss my friday afternoon classes? If not i could be up there around 4ish? Saturday if fine also.

CateraMV6
02-03-10, 07:13 PM
Well we will work around your schedule... I know schamburg has a nice garage structure we can go to the top park at the end and take pics there...

THe mall has a cool place to eat too...

ondale
02-03-10, 10:41 PM
I have flexibility. Just let me know where and when. you can email me ondale at aol dot com address.