Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hauling capacity

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  shore 
#1 ·
We use our ESV like a work truck...when we need to. Which is why we bought an older one. We pull huge logs with chains up north with it, and in the winter I occassionally will haul fire wood. The other day I had the 3rd seat out, 2nd row buckets folded and alot of plastic and blankets laid out and filled it 2ft high with cut cordwood...too much? I could have stacked it higher, but wasnt sure of weight. thanks

#4 ·
Sure.That's 11k lbs of boat and trailer.It's a 290 Sundancer.34' overall with swimdeck I fab'd.I actually towed that from Tampa to Daytona and got 8mpg at 65mph.The 6.0 is a strong puller.I could have run 80mph but I wanted the tranny to stay cool in the Florida heat.

Here's soem more couple good angles.They actually had to block the tongue of the trailer to load the boat and set the tongue wieght within range.At 1st I bet we had abourt 2k lbs on the hitch.It was crushing the blocks.I had to leave the truck running the whole time to air up the shocks.

#5 ·
dam shore that's a nice size boat now we know what these trucks are capable of... I tow a 25 ft advantage wit no problem and my buddy tows a 33 foot Baja with twin engines and 700 bucks worth of fuel on 24in wheels but he takes alternate routes with minimal hills I don't think that's recommended but it does the job

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.